Ask a proffesional piercer anything.

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff: Jokes, Quizzes, Games & Pics' started by Opalite, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Opalite

Gold Member

Really. Anything. I'm so bored.

2. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Do you think that those who enjoy piercings have a cultural memory for the practice, or is it simply a personal expression?

3. Opalite

Gold Member

In my experience and knowledge, people chose to modify their bodies for various reasons. There are as many answers to there questions as there are people, and there is no thing as a 'wrong' answer.

In many cultures body modification was and is still used as a rite of passage. Eventhough in modern Western Europe and the US a lot of these rituals seem to be forgotten, in many other parts of the world it's as normal as celebrating your 16th birthday. Body Modification can be a way to mark a segnificant stage of life, sometimes by leaving an actual 'mark'. These rites are often earned by unduring these rituals, proving you are ready to enter the next stage. In example or a ritual like this is the Hindu 'Karnavedha', where a child's (both genders) ears are pierced at age 1, 3 or 5.

But not every ritual or rite of passage has to be at set points in a persons life, often they are sought after in search of enlightment, personal growth or to please or worship the gods. Rituals like the traditional 'Oh-Kee-Pa' or the Indian Thaipusam festival.

But even across the world, many people chose to modify their bodies just for aesthetics. These aesthetics though, do strongly vary by culture. Where as navel piercings are oftenly accepted here and many precieve them as beautiful, how about traditional Japanese foot binding? Even reasons why something is precieved as aestheticly pleasing can vary greatly, in many cultures the modification will bind you to a specific group or tribe, making you 'pretty enough' to mary.

Another reason could be to enhance the body; beeing it either sexual, spiritual or fysical. Genital piercing can be such to some, but the acient Kheckarimudra just as well (hatha yoga practice which involves surgically lengthening the tongue, making it able to flip it back into the nasal cavity for use in breath control).

Eventhough some of these rituals and reasons can be shocking to some, to many people this is daily life and nowhere more shocking then a nostril piercing is to teenagers.

In our culture, pain is precieved as a 'bad thing', something we prefer to evoid at all costs -- but to the majority of the world it isn't all that black and white. :smile:

4. Principessa

Gold Member

Has anyone ever presented a private part (I'm thinking genitalia) for piercing that wasn't clean, or had an odor that wasn't as fresh as you would prefer? :confused:

5. Daisy

Gold Member

I also would love to hear stories good and bad about the body parts you see!!!

I was so so uncomfortable when I first changed my piercing (down there) and the only shop open was kinda scary. It had come out and hubby wasn't able to get it back in so I bought one and asked the guy at the shop if he'd put it in for me. He looked a little like a gang member, but I planned on being out all day and was worried it would close if I didnt get something in there! He was polite and everything but seriously..Im spreading my legs for a total stranger, sure he sees a lot of parts but it was a guy! I wonder what he was thinking!

6. Opalite

Gold Member

People can be shameless, woman are the worst! I've had people come in while on their periods (I'm talking bloody panties, people!), right after having sex because they knew they wouldn't be able in a while (really, minutes and without protection), covered in shit, with very obvious SD's or just plain out nasty and in need of a good shower (a bit of cheeze is one this one thing..). I've had pussies and penises stink up the entiere studio for the entiere day, no matter how we cleaned!

I've had men and women secretly masturbate when they thought I wasn't looking, cum before or after piercing, indecent proposals.. the works. And eventhough that to some might sound sexy, it really isn't. When I'm working, genetalia are work and there's nothing even slightly arousing about the whole experience. And eventhough it's understood to be in some ways a sexual experience to others, please do not bother your piercer with it people! It will without a doubt get you nowhere. :rolleyes:

7. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

So, have you done many scrotal piercings(Not that I'm interested, just thought I'd ask)?

8. Opalite

Gold Member

I wouldn't worry about that too much, really. I see female genetalia at least twice to sometimes 10 times daily, I work 6 days a week.. do the math. :wink: If anything he was probable looking at the placement of the piercing, and not the nasty he would like to do to you. As long as you're not too dirty down there, there's nothing to worry!

9. Opalite

Gold Member

Scrotal piercings (havadas), frenums and PA's are some of the most common male genital piercings I get, and I must have done thousands of them thus far. I've tried to keep count of every piercing I did when I just started, but lost track after some years... There's no way to say exactly, but it sure would be a lot. :biggrin1:

10. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Oh, ok. Are you adept at prince alberts as well, and do they really hurt? 'Cause I know of a few people who said they did at first, then got used to it. And do some guys actually purchase chains for them too?

11. Opalite

Gold Member

In all honesty, PA's aren't nearly as scary as they might look. They are pierced through the thinnest piece of skin; on the outside of the frenulum into the urethra. Because the skin here is so thin, PA's usually heal without any problems, en quite fast too.

Most men will tell you this is really one of the least painfull male genital piercing -- eventhough 'pain' is highly subjective, and some will feel some discomfort.

As for chains; I only sell the highest quality of body jewelry, so no chains. But I do know some clients that like to wear them, mostly just temporarly though.

12. debeli

debeli Active Member

Albums:
    What pierce would look good on my body?
    Can you answer that to a beginner?

13. Opalite

Gold Member

No I can not, because I believe I shouldn't. Getting pierced or any other modification generally has some permanent elements. It's not like putting on some makeup. There are as many perceptions of beauty as there are people, and I don't think anyone should feel like they can tell you what yours should be.

14. Catchoftheday

Gold Member

Why does the bread always land butter side down?

15. Opalite

Gold Member

Because god hates us all.

Just not nearly as much as he hates butter.

16. Principessa

Gold Member

:puke: This is exactly why I could never do what you do or be in the medical profession. Some people are just nasty.

Now that's funny! :biggrin1:

17. Yorkie

Gold Member

Albums:
    Did you practice on yourself a few times before you attempted to pierce anyone else?
    Did you have this career in mind when you were at school?
    How long have you been doing it?
    What do your parents think of your chosen career?

18. cock23

cock23 New Member

What was the most ridicilous/whiny customer you've ever had and what did they say/do?

19. Opalite

Gold Member

I've done most piercings on mysef. Not so much for practise, but to know how the client would experience it, the way it heals and how it fits in to daily life. I had a background in playpiercing, needle play, ritual piercing and scarification. I knew my way with needles, the human body and hygiene. I was lucky enough to learn from the best, and do my first bodypiercings under the guidance of professionals. Trying them alone on myself wouldn't have tought me technique and placement. It takes a lot of study, good teachers and above all passion.

I've kind of always known the direction I wanted to go, and most of my education was indirectly linked to the subject. I'm a certified Doctors Aid, I've studied Human Biology and Anatomy. And
    I've done a few years of Art school. I never was bad student - the dutch school system works a little different - there are gradations in difficulty of highschool - and I've done the highest possible. It wasn't because I didn't like to study that I started piercing, more so because I did - just a very specific topic.

I've been working professional for about 5 years now - which is considered to be exceptionally long for a girl my age - but the actual studying started long before. I believe anyone working with people can never be done lerning though, so I do a lot of traveling, work as a guest artist in different studio's a few times a year and keep close contact with artists I admire professionally to share experiences, thoughts and technique. I'm not your typical shoppingmall piercer.

My parents never liked my decision,nd always prefered me studying to be a doctor. Though,they never questioned it once and are very proud of how far I've come.

20. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

what's the most difficult piercing you've ever done and where was it on the body?

Draft saved Draft deleted