Ask a very tall guy anything

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
does it piss you off when shorter people ask you to get an item down from the top shelf?

what's it like kissing a woman who is shorter than you by a remarkable difference in height, like "below 5'4" and under?"

does it feel awkward when meet someone who is taller than you and you have to look up to them?

That doesn't really happen often enough for it to get annoying. It's infrequent enough that it makes me feel more useful.:cool:

Doing anything with someone where the height difference that great can get very awkward. Here are a couple of examples:

• I have a friend who is 4'10", and whenever we're somewhere loud and I'm talking to her, I generally have to bend over to hear her.
  • My date to my senior-year homecoming dance was 5'2". When we were dancing, she was rubbing against me a few inches above my knee, and I spent much of the time either crouching down uncomfortably low or thinking, "Wow, I bet feels great, but I'm not that big." The same principle applies at parties with dancing. I'll generally seek out taller girls so there won't be such a difference that forces me to lower myself.

I do find it awkward to talk to someone taller than myself, but that's a pretty rare occurrence.

Also stacy, great pics.:wink:

D_Kissimmee Coldsore

Experimental Member
Media
I'm not sure what my handicap is--I only keep score about 1/2 the time b/c I just play for fun. I don't drive especially far, but I can hit very well with my irons (about 180 with a 9-iron). I also know that if I could straighten out my slice (it can be very nasty) I'd lower my score by a lot.
Hoooolleeee sheeeiiiite, that's a fair whallop with a nine! That's a good 3-4 clubs on me!! Get some lessons with a club pro, he'll sort you out. You'll win back more than the cost of the lessons from your mates next time you play :)

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hoooolleeee sheeeiiiite, that's a fair whallop with a nine! That's a good 3-4 clubs on me!! Get some lessons with a club pro, he'll sort you out. You'll win back more than the cost of the lessons from your mates next time you play :)

I have gotten lessons, and they do help for a bit, but I tend to fall into my bad habits. If I could straighten my drives out for any significant amount of time, I'd be able to shave off an easy 5 strokes per 9 holes.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Did you have to pay extra to have clubs made to fit you? :confused:

I don't play any sports; but I am always annoyed when I have to pay $10+ extra for a longer inseam. I'm only 5'8" but I have a 34" inseam. Yes, I know my legs are freakishly long for my height. :irked: The thing is, it's not like it's that much extra fabric. Usually nor more than 2". I resent being charged the same penalty fee as an obese person for clothes.:mad:

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Did you have to pay extra to have clubs made to fit you? :confused:

I don't play any sports; but I am always annoyed when I have to pay $10+ extra for a longer inseam. I'm only 5'8" but I have a 34" inseam. Yes, I know my legs are freakishly long for my height. :irked: The thing is, it's not like it's that much extra fabric. Usually nor more than 2". I resent being charged the same penalty fee as an obese person for clothes.:mad:

I don't think fitting the clubs for cost any more than a custom fitting for anyone, but I'm not sure. A lot of people get clubs custom-fitted, and I don't know if it costs more for tall people than short people.

That sucks about your clothing situation. I've never had to pay extra for length; I can only buy pants at one store because it's the only one that carries pants my size.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think fitting the clubs for cost any more than a custom fitting for anyone, but I'm not sure. A lot of people get clubs custom-fitted, and I don't know if it costs more for tall people than short people.

That sucks about your clothing situation. I've never had to pay extra for length; I can only buy pants at one store because it's the only one that carries pants my size.
I catalog shop a lot, and places like Lands End and Eddie Bauer are notorious for charging extra for longer lengths.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[/SIZE][/FONT][/B] I catalog shop a lot, and places like Lands End and Eddie Bauer are notorious for charging extra for longer lengths.

With the exception of Lands End, I will not buy pants through the mail. I go to the Nordstrom Rack, and they generally have a decent selection that fits me.

bthegreat

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm a tall guy too, somewhat. 6'0"

Are you well built? If so what workout program are you on?

How long are your legs, because I have close to 3' length on my legs with a high waist and was wondering if you have the same.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a tall guy too, somewhat. 6'0"

Are you well built? If so what workout program are you on?

How long are your legs, because I have close to 3' length on my legs with a high waist and was wondering if you have the same.

Define "well built." I weigh approx. 180 lbs. That means I'm kinda on the thin side of average. I don't really work out much; I was just blessed with a quick metabolism, though I would like to work out more often than I do. I'm just lazy.

I have a ~36" inseam, and I feel my waist is well-placed--not too high or low or anything.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you feel there are any advantages or disadvantages being a tall guy?

Advantages: Every guy wants to be tall. I'm able to reach high places. I'm sure there are some others I don't realize b/c I'm used to being tall.

Disadvantages: Pants are a bitch to find in my size, low-hanging objects and low doorways are annoying as hell, and beds are often too short.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are there any sexual advantages or disadvantages being tall?

I have something of a crippling lack of guts when it comes to making any sort of a move in real life, so I'm a pretty major virgin.:frown1: But hook me up and I'll let you know:biggrin1:

bigboy9239

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Keyboard player, huh?

I've seen a number of threads of this manner on this board, and I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring.

Basic info: I'm 6'6" (198 cm), and there is one question I'd rather you not ask. Please don't ask if I play basketball. I don't.

Aside from that, feel free to ask away!

D_Tina_Ciao

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No questions, just a comment - not fond of basketball players (too skinny for me), but I *love* brainy, tall, muscular men, so hang in there - in your life, there'll be somebody special to appreciate you in all your splendiforous nerdiness! (That will make the low doorways, short beds, etc. fade into the woodwork.)

Last edited: