Ask an Italian anything

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media
Stacy, we aren't that good at everything, but thanks! You see, our national character has been forged by centuries of invasions, so we developed creativity and adaptabilty to survive, this is reflected in our arts, cusine, fashion, and way to enjoy life. On the other hand we lacl of civic sense and national pride.

Cookiesweet83, Italy holds 70% of the world artistic patrimonium, and has different landscapes in a small territory. But also other countries are beautiful. I deeply love mine, though.

Earllogjam: no, as far as I know, but you can always bend yourself naked over a bench in an Italian piazza and wait too see what happens. Anyway in the past, until the 50s, poor Italy was a sex tourism destination for Englishmen, Germans and Americans looking for adventures with young studs. Gay for pay.

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media
Slurper_la: with that you'd deserve an Italian passport.

Catchoftheday: what do you mean with Italian string?

Rugbypup: maybe not non gay, but rather less-gay. It has little sense, but that's it: a part of our Greek-Roman heritage. Important: this view is not universal, so don't directly ask an Italian guy if he wants to fuck you, you never know the reaction

Last edited:

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media
So a man is more likely to be considered straight if he had fucked a man rather than was fucked by a man?

Yes Rugbypup. In Italian we have a say:
"A hole is a hole, and cock has no eyes", referring to ugly women. But again, don't ever be direct, man to man sex is a pretty difficult subject to speak about, here.

Last edited:

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Yes Rugbypup. In Italian we have a say:
"A hole is a hole, and cock has no etes", referring to ugly women. But again, don't ever be direct, man to man sex is a pretty difficult subject to speak about, here.

Do many Italians know that huge parts of homosexual history and culture derives from ancient Roman civilisation?

...and what's an 'etes'? :wink:

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media
I don't know. For sure I do, but:

1. It was more part of the Greek cultur, and then passed to the Roman.

2. Pure homosexuality was not an iption, men used to marry and have sex with their wives to have children, then woth female prostitutes or young men for pleasure.

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I know there are some places in Italy where kisses between men (for greeting, I mean) are very common, Is this the case for all Italy?

italianb90

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
so, I take it you enjoy the beauty of languages

the three I consider the most beautiful sounding are Nahuatl, Greek, Hawaiian, and Italian (in no particular order)

the most intriguing in the way they shape thought, I think, are German and Sanskrit

Do you have any favorites?

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media
Massive: the origins of pizza are in the night of the times. The modern pizza dates back to the 17th century and was invented in Naples: topped with tomato sauce and garlic only (pizza marinara, meaning pizza sailor's style). At the end of the 19th century Queen Margherita (Daisy) of Italy was in official visit in Naples and she was offered a pizza topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella and basil: the pizza maker (pizzaiolo) intended yo reproduce the colours of our national flag (the bottom on in my avtar). Pizza Margherita was officially born.

Cockoloco: social kiss between men and women is used in the whole country, a bit less in the north. Social kiss between women is more southern. Social kiss between men is used in the south and almost unknown by northeners (luckly for us... I hate social kiss).

Mem: never sucked a cock, mate. I ate pussy, I got blow jobs by women and I have been offered a blow job by several guys (declined): is it the same?

Etplayer, situ furlan?

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media
so, I take it you enjoy the beauty of languages

the three I consider the most beautiful sounding are Nahuatl, Greek, Hawaiian, and Italian (in no particular order)

the most intriguing in the way they shape thought, I think, are German and Sanskrit

Do you have any favorites?

Venetian comes out of my heart when I speak it.

Italian is a music, and Catalan is funny because it is very similar to Venetian.

English is the world language, and so in Spanish, up to a point.

German is a challenge.

French is seductive and immensly cultural.

Hebrew is intriguing, Jewish people got new life to their language after centuries of diaspora.

Hungarian (so different from any other language, and with those agglutinate words), Maltese (a semitic language with latin script) and Armenian (living, despite fate, mass killings, deportations: many tried to wipe out Armenians, like the Jews, but they still cling on their identity) get my curiosity.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mem: never sucked a cock, mate. I ate pussy, I got blow jobs by women and I have been offered a blow job by several guys (declined): is it the same??

Men suck dick much better than women do, and they like it more.

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media
Etplayer, cossa ti fa qua?

Mem, I can imagine guys give better head, they own a cock, after all, they must know how it feels. And from what I heard around here some guys must also like giving blow jobs.