Ask an (often) disgruntled, incredibly sexy Iraqi anything

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Let's hear it-what boiling hot questions are hiding in your chest which need to be asked?

I haven't been back to the homeland since cousin Abby got booted from the trial of you-know-who and I am an American citizen; but, that won't stop me from telling you which movies to see on a hot afternoon or which Hemingway novel should be at the top of your reading list.

and be sure to visit my other location:
Ask Ernest Hemingway Anything

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Alright, you (often) disgruntled, incredibly sexy Iraqi - what have done with my stash?!

And do you find that people treat you differently if they become aware of your country of birth? (I know you had a thread kind of about that before, but that was people here, how about IRL?)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do people assume you are Iranian? Do they speak loud English to you because they assume you are a foreigner?

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Alright, you (often) disgruntled, incredibly sexy Iraqi - what have done with my stash?!
I deny having ever heard of anything of this sort. I am a genitalman of highest standa...um, scratch that...I am a gentleman of questionable standards (and besides which I needed to dispose of the evidence before...er, what was the question again?

ManlyBanisters'1622879 said:
And do you find that people treat you differently if they become aware of your country of birth? (I know you had a thread kind of about that before, but that was people here, how about IRL?)
Of course people treat me differently. How could they not after all I come from a land of great history, mystery and intrigue.
In all seriousness, in real life people are a mixed bag-some hear Iraqi and run in the opposite direction, some tell me they feel my pain. Feel my pain? Weird.

Then there are those who like me and then find out I'm not Lebanese or Egyptian (do I look Egyptian?) or Puerto Rican (again, do I look Puerto Rican?) And no, I do not speak spanish so stop saying Donde esta el Tren? -or something like that. Once they hear Iraqi there is occasionally a visible twitch. Others, drop me from the A-list immediately (which is fine, since I was never there anyway). It's sort of the same as the reaction people have when they first learn I have been to Guam-people be weird.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do people assume you are Iranian? Do they speak loud English to you because they assume you are a foreigner?
I have been passed off as Iranian, Saudi, Egyptian, Lebanese, Syrian, Puerto Rican, Costa Rican, Greek(?:confused:?), and once in a strange experience as Dutch-yeah, I was sort of thrown on that one too, after all I have never owned or worn wooden shoes or a windmill. When they learn I was brought Stateside as a baby, they demand I speak Iraqi or-Iraqanese (yes, a few people have asked for that).

And could you speak up gorgeous? I can't hear you what with my foreign hearing. People also speak v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y and repeat their statement if I do not shoot out an answer immediately.

And I've never been a Foreigner-don't even have any of their albums.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How do you feel about us being in your country? Do you think attacks on US soldiers are unfortunate or patriotic?
Um...I don't understand this question (I must say this to throw the Feds off).

Although born in Iraq (An Najaf to be precise) I am a U.S..A. citizen, so I guess I have no problem with you and others being here in the U.S.A.

Yes, I know what you mean-as to how I feel, it's a hard call. I am not emotionally invested in my birthland, other than a few friends and family members. That said, I despise the idea of any government/nation entering and interfering in another country. It's just wrong and causes more chaos, creates new havoc, often worse than what existed before.

Attacks on U.S, soldiers, same as Iraqi citizens (including babies and children in no way aligned with the law or lay of the land) are unfortunate disgusting, disgraceful end-products of war. As we were forced to sing in the 8th grade- "Let there be peace on Earth".

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Do you go out of your way to let people know what region your family are from and where you were born?

I ask this because I have an acquaintence of Iranian origin in the US (US citizen). (FYI: She is an Iranian of the "I'm Persian" variety, I'm sure you know what I mean by that.) Before sept 11 she was very understated in her attitude towards the non-American parts of her heritage and never a religious person, in any direction. Since sept 11 she has been much more forward about her Iranian heritage - giving her children an Islamic name as well as their 'American' Christian names, trying to educate them in Islam yet also trying to 'balance' it with Christianity.

Is that something you have seen or understand?