Ask for it, wait for it.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_spiker067, Jan 24, 2009.

1. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

Buy American. It's in your best interest. Especially if you're uneducated.

TELL A FRIEND!

#1 B_spiker067, Jan 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  2. Principessa

Gold Member

Why especially if you're uneducated? :confused: Are the uneducated too dumb to know that some American made products are substandard and not worth what they are paying. I'm thinking of cars in particular. :cool:

I used to pride myself on buying American made cars. I am still a Chevy girl at heart; but my next car is probably going to be Swedish, German, or Japanese. :cool:

3. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

NJQT,

Uneducated people need the manufacturing jobs.

Unions need the jobs.

America needs the jobs.

Funny thing is this is the sacrifice someone has got to make. You'd think Obama supporters would be all over this.

#3 B_spiker067, Jan 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  4. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

still living in 1972?

not all true about American cars

5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

You fail logic.
    These are all three different types of people, not one in the same. A person may cross lines and touch on each other, but to assume that all All Americans are uneducated is just ignorance.

Lemme guess, you don't live in America, think your country is the shiznit, and just want to beat your chest like a hyper patriot about absolutely nothing? We've seen your type on here before. A complete bore and a waste of energy.

6. dong20

Gold Member

No, and it's not 'all true' about German, Swedish or Japanese cars either.

7. CALAMBO

Gold Member

Albums:
    spiker, it right...usa auto makers have come back w/excellant products, i have 3 gm made autos, the effort to help fellow amaericans worked in the past and will work today....trickle down ecnomics!!...better than no economics.

8. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Where did he say that all Americans were uneducated?

He said America needs the jobs. The more people employed within the country, the better the country's economy. That's just basic logic isn't it?

9. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

This applies to more than just cars. When in Walmart tell the staff you want to buy American. Write to Wal-mart and tell them you want to buy American.

I'm not advocating protectionism. I'm advocating that consumers make their preference known.

10. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sad. I remember back in the '80s when Wal-Mart was loudly and proudly a purveyor solely of goods "Made in the USA." :no:

11. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

The OP opened with this line:
    Buy American. It's in your best interest. Especially if you're uneducated.

Then went on to further explain his reasoning with this:
    Uneducated people need the manufacturing jobs.
    Unions need the jobs.
    America needs the jobs.

At first glance, I wasn't really sure if he was just commenting on our current unemployment situation (which is obvious), the US car industry (which would have some small level of validity) or if he's just making a pompous comment. Regardless, to just assume that anyone "buying American" is uneducated, then go to stand by his statement with a weak, connect-the-dot theory is just foolish.

All apples are fruit.
    All strawberries are fruit.
    All cherries are fruit.
    With his logic, are we to assume that all fruit is red? Maybe in his world, but not in mine.

12. dreamer20

Gold Member

Edited "their" to this. You actually are advocating a protectionist measure and needn't deny it.

13. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

Hahaha, If I was advocating protectionism I'd be lobbying for laws that raised tariffs. Can you see a difference now?

14. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

Hahahaha......hmmmm. Funny stuff.

15. B_bi_in_socal

B_bi_in_socal New Member

Oh man! Alpha Beta was the bomb!

16. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I'm in favor of buying American made products, the trick is America is going to have to start making products. I just did a quick inventory in my kitchen the only appliance that was made in the US is my Kitchen Aid and a 32 year old electric skillet.

#16 nudeyorker, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2009
  17. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Highlighted in blue are the only two places he mentions the uneducated.

All apples are fruit with several seeds on the inside.
    All strawberries are fruit with the seeds on the outside.
    All cherries are fruit with a single pit in the centre.

Uneducated people are, well, people (who will benefit the most directly from there being more manufacturing jobs).

Unions are organizations (made of people who will also benefit from more manufacturing jobs).

America is a country (made of people all of whom will benefit from more jobs to boost the economy and less drain from unemployment).

I'm at a loss to see how you inferred his post to mean all who buy American are uneducated.

18. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I already explained that I wasn't sure if he was commenting on our current unemployment situation, the car industry or just making a pompous comment. But if we're going to go into some kind of thoughtful analysis... :wink:

IMO, it was clear that the OP was intentionally formed in a matter to be vague just to bait people to respond. If his agenda was to speak about job creation, then why not just state it? By opening with the line, "Buy American. It's in your best interest. Especially if you're uneducated," that's the only thing we can go by. Until he decided to explain himself further later in the post, then we can see where he's trying to go with the thread. Perhaps if he really wanted some honest answers, he would have been honest from the beginning with his OP? But I digress...

Now that he's aired out his dirty laundry, we can pick it apart piece by piece. For starters, how would uneducated people benefit from more manufacturing jobs? These days you can't even be a garbage man without a High School Diploma and a Driver's License. Plus many people graduate from college and go into a job market where there's nothing available for them. If people with proper education are having hard times getting jobs, what chance does a truly "uneducated person" have? I have other inquiries to ask, but it depends on the response to this one. And if the OP can stop laughing at people for improperly deciphering his seemingly bad choice of scribe, maybe he can elaborate on it???

19. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Aired his dirty laundry?

Come, now. I read a quick simple rant on buying American made products (there was no question in the OP), backed up by three valid lines on how more simple labour jobs creates more higher level jobs and that both boost the country's economy as a whole.

You call that dirty laundry?

You haven't explained how you inferred his post to mean all who buy American are uneducated. That was my only question to you. Let's stick with that, shall we?

20. catman

Gold Member

I do wish that Walmart with all its vaunted buying power (basically tell a vendor 'do this or else') would make it a requirement that a percentalge of ALL goods be made in the U.S.

Doesn't have to be 10% or 15%, even 2% could make a HUGE impact (at this point ANY impact would be nice)

hear me out- even if it trim for a sofa (ie something we can't screw up), or a knob for a handle....

a) vendors would have to 'make it work'
    b) it would create JOBS in the u.s.
    c) it might just make Walmart look "better" (personally I think they can't get much worse from a PR standpoint- google 'walmart watch')

Draft saved Draft deleted