Asking Family members For Money....

Yes they've already told me that I could move in w/them. But I can't move back to a small town where I woooould have to drive. A own that basically closes own at 9 pm.

You'd be amazed at what we can do when he have to. Cool fact: people who are naturally anxious tend to weather crises far better than people who don't. It seems we're so used to expecting the worst that when it happens, we don't freak out as much as people who never give it a second thought.

You're a realist and you're not depressed and you have excellent perception.

Like I said last night. It would be one thing if everyone was doing great and it was just you that was having problems but right now everyone is having problems. Nobody is going to hold it against you. You've got talents and skills which are marketable and, maybe more importantly, you're easy to get along with. Employers will like you. That doesn't mean you have to leave behind your hopes of starting your own business. Setbacks happen but when the economy gets on its feet, you'll be ready to hit the ground running. And it doesn't matter where you are. If you have to leave NYC for a while then you do. You can cross the GWB and, just like MacArthur, say, "I shall return!" And you will. Of that I have no doubt.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
PleASE send me the Xanax! Thx for those quotes. I appreciate EVERYTING that folks have said but you know how it goes...nothing is gonna make me sleep well till this weird patch is over
I can't lend you money, but I have lots of Xanax that I don't need.

I remember your positivity. I couldn't understand why you weren't freaked out by the situation--your entire future up in the air. We both had our crisis at about the same time, and you definitely handled your's much better than I handled mine!

I can relate to Hells here because I tend to obsess when a crisis like this arises. There are so many "what if's" to ask. I don't think that it's necessarily a bad thing, though; it forces you to take action. I've been close to living on the streets more than once, and it's scary. It never happened, however, and fate always seemed to be in my favor. I'm sure that everything will work out for you, Hells.

Some great advice has been given in this thread. I love this site.

Edit:

There was a time when I lost $20 and ended up being a few dollars short in the bank for my rent cheque. The cheque bounced, so then I had to pay $80 in NSF fees. I forget how I managed to get the money, but I probably borrowed it. I was close to living on the street. In less than a year, I had a killer job as a programmer in R&D at a rapidly-growing firm and was raking in money. I eventually lost that job (due to depression). At the risk of patronizing, my point is that you can worry about the negatives, or you can focus on the positives. It's your choice.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thx baby. But if I lose this place there will be be probably no more coming back to NYC unless I hit the lottery. You are too kind to me!
You'd be amazed at what we can do when he have to. Cool fact: people who are naturally anxious tend to weather crises far better than people who don't. It seems we're so used to expecting the worst that when it happens, we don't freak out as much as people who never give it a second thought.

You're a realist and you're not depressed and you have excellent perception.

Like I said last night. It would be one thing if everyone was doing great and it was just you that was having problems but right now everyone is having problems. Nobody is going to hold it against you. You've got talents and skills which are marketable and, maybe more importantly, you're easy to get along with. Employers will like you. That doesn't mean you have to leave behind your hopes of starting your own business. Setbacks happen but when the economy gets on its feet, you'll be ready to hit the ground running. And it doesn't matter where you are. If you have to leave NYC for a while then you do. You can cross the GWB and, just like MacArthur, say, "I shall return!" And you will. Of that I have no doubt.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
All of the major Drama and problems in my life have been centered around money, namely my lending money to people who thought they didnt have to pay it back. Whether it be a family member, friend or co-worker, I have learned that money makes enemies. Currently I am about $65,000 if default from people I would have never believed would stiff me. My lesson learned is NEVER lend money. I would never ask to borrow, and will never lend again. Of course I am not making light of your situation Hells. You should do what is best for you.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm sure things will work out for you. It may not look good and it's hard, but these times pass and something will happen. 20 years in one place is a long time. Often times change, whether we want it or not, has positive outcomes. Maybe you can't find what you need because it just isn't there for you anymore. I'm not one to tell people how to live their lives, but sometimes you just need to move on and find a new path.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How did you let it get so out of control?

P.S. Can I borrow $25,000 :redface:

Well the biggest chunk of money is owed by my former boss/friend. It got out of control by loaning the money to the company I was working for. Little did I know i would leave that job (my choice) but thought my "friend" would honor the loan, part of which was personal for her to buy her daughter a car for her graduation, and to pay back taxes on her house that would have went to foreclosure by the state....Another co0worker friend owes me $5000, a loan for her to start a new business (restaurant that closed in less than a year after opening). It goes on and on and on and on........

Sorry Mem, you got me about 2 years to late. i aint stupid anymore :biggrin1:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
After many years being self sufficient, I finally had to ask my dad for money. It couldn't have come at a worse time, too - I first had to ask my mom for money and she sent me checks for a couple of months, then after she died I had to approach my dad to send me the money that my mom had been sending me. He was good about it but he doesn't have much money himself, either. What's worse is that one of the places I worked as a temp made a stink with my unemployment, and I got a letter from the UI people saying that I had to pay back over $1,000 of back unemployment - the day after my mom died! I had a double emotional stress going on and nearly fell apart.

I'm starting to come back now. I still don't have much money and still need help from my dad each month, but I do have a job now (even though it is low paying), and am going to school to get skills and certifications to hopefully get a better job.