Asking some questions

gjpedro

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I have some questions to ask and I wonder if there is someplace to post this kind of thing? Let me know if there is already a forum.

my 14 year old son has just hit this incredible growth spurt. we have always been really open and being naked has never been a problem. now i think he will be even more hung than i am (just under 8) and i wonder what kind of conversation I should be having with him about what people will say, or respond. a friend of mine has noticed it and mentioned this to me.

Any thoughts or advice?

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I personally wouldn't say a thing. First off, I think it's great that you're a nudist with your son. With that part I don't have any problem. Maybe it's me but I think bringing up dick size with any 14 year old boarders on inappropriate. If he brings it up, no problem, talk with him but I think he knows he's got a gift and my guess is that he knows how to handle it. I mean, he's a nudist. He's grew up being at ease with his body in front of people including his dad.

D_Bruce S Sphincter

Sexy Member
Media
Great thought-provoking situation, Man...thanks for sharing your story. I have no sons (as of yet) and never enjoyed the freedom of nudity that you guys seem to.

Maybe the conversation is a good idea, but the timing should wait until he has a more developed comprehension of human sexuality...his own and others. Shame to rush him out of the innocence of his childhood.

gjpedro

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Hey guys, thanks for the thoughts. @Bman, yes. I was 15. Thanks for asking. Some people actually think we are brothers, not father and son. @Tjohnny, I am pretty sure we will talk about it at one time or another. We usually have really frank convos about all kinds of things. I know he has a gift. I just want him to hear that from me before someone else says something weird and he ends up feeling weird. We have already had some similar conversations about size. He asked me why I was big a long time ago, right before he slugged me in the balls. he was at just the right height to make good contact. After I caught my breath, I laughed so hard I couldn't really move. I told him he would be big like his dad when he is older. He might bring it up. I don't want to really wait for that. Just want him to know I noticed and I am proud of him.

Any more thoughts?

D_Bruce S Sphincter

Sexy Member
Media
That's really cool, now that you've provided the context. Especially given that he has already broguht it up. So tell him whatever you want, in a way that prepares him for his sexuality without exposing him to it directly? You know best, I'm sure...so don't listen to any of the advice given here, Man, including this advice I'm giving you right now.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Here is how I would handle it, for what it is worth. You sound pretty close, so one night when you are just talking say something like this: "Son, I just wanted to tell you how proud of you I am. I've watched you grow up, and turn into a handsome, smart, funny and amazing young man. I just want you to know I think you are truly gifted, and that you have the ability to go as far as you want to go in life. Sometimes, though, some people out of jealousy will try and put you down, or make you feel bad about yourself and your gifts, because they feel bad about themselves and want to try and feel less inferior to you. Try and le them know they have things about themselves they can be proud of, and they don;t have to put others down to feel better. Most of all, I never want you to feel bad about yourself, because you are a wonderful guy, and very special. I love you son, and I am always here for you if you want to talk about anything, or want to know anything. I know it is embarassing sometimes to talk about stuff, but I will always do my best to be honest, and man to man about anything with you and treat you as an adult about it. I never want you to be afraid to bring any problem to me, big or small---i've got your back, always. I may not always have the answers, but I sure will help you find them. I guess that's it---I love you, I am proud of you, and I am here for you always. I hope you feel like you can trust me enough to be there for you." Don't bring up his dick at all---just let him know you are open about anything he wants to talk about. One of the greatest things a father can do for his son, is to be proud of him, and let him KNOW you are proud of him. How many men would have a lot fewer issues and problems in their lives if they had had a father who made sure that his son knew how much he was loved, and how proud his father is. How much more open the communication. Never underestimate your opinion, or your role is shaping the man your son is becoming. You are his greatest role model in his life. It sounds like you are doing a fantastic job so far, and it couldn't have been easy being a father so young, but you stuck it out, and did, and do, your best for him. I admire your strength and courage and conviction in being a good dad, and I'm sure your son is proud of you, too. Good luck, and take care!