"ASL?"

da_blissmachine: for confusion clearing in IM conversations: for lpsg people i use ASL to mean age SIZE location not age SEX location as most of us are men. women can specify.

lilAmy: ever wonder who thoes people who ask that are?

ASLscary.jpg

two_fister: you found my girlfriend .....i told her not to come out 'til after midnight :D

mindseye: [quote author=da_blissmachine link=board=meetgreet;num=1045284992;start=0#0 date=02/14/03 at 20:56:32]for confusion clearing in IM conversations:  for lpsg people i use ASL to mean age SIZE location not age SEX location as most of us are men.  women can specify.[/quote]

Either way, you're gonna find some people who find that question offensive -- essentially, it's a lazy way to find statistical information about someone else, but it's not really a good way to launch into a conversation. It also makes the chat atmosphere seem more 'cruisy' since the first thing you're asking is (essentially) "are you big? are you my age? do you live close by?"

Even if that's not your intention, there are people who'll interpret it that way. Then again, there are plenty of people who still see ASL and think 'American Sign Language'.

da_blissmachine: well, if someone ims you from somthing called Large Penis Support Group don't you think they assume you are going to ask for their size anyway?

Also, Yes I know they are on their profiles, but sometimes when i get a random im from someone saying they know me from lpsg i dont exactly know their lpsg screename as many people do not match screennames.