Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
King High assistant principal told to stop popping students' toes

By KEITH MORELLI | The Tampa Tribune
Published: July 24, 2009

TAMPA - Catholic school nuns used to have a reputation for wrapping knuckles with rulers, and some hard-line principals hang paddles with holes in them on their office walls.But toe popping?This unique way to get the attention of wayward students appeared to be a favorite of a King High School assistant principal, although whether it is considered corporal punishment is up for debate. Five students told authorities they had their toes ppped by Olayinka Alege after their grades had slipped. None said the toe popping hurt, but some said it did feel kind of weird. The toe popping ended up under investigation by the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office and was even reviewed by the Hillsborough State Attorney's Office, both of which concluded there didn't appear to be any criminality involved. In May, deputies interviewed five students and Alege, who, after he was read his rights, declined to talk to detectives, a report said. One student told deputies he was called into Alege's office this past school year to discuss the student's declining grades and was ordered to remove a shoe and sock, "and lift up a foot and Mr. Alege popped his toes by pulling them out and bending them down."

Toe popping is similar to knuckle cracking, said local podiatrist Barry Blass. But it can have long term effects, he said, if done repeatedly. "You can pull them forward and they'll pop or you can push them back and they'll pop or you can pull them down with force and they'll pop," he said. Psychologist Stacey Scheckner said she considers toe popping abusive. "Nobody is allowed to touch a student in the form of discipline or otherwise," she said. "And whatever actions the students did, the consequence needed to be directly related to that misbehavior. The consequence needed to be specific, concrete and related to the incident that will actually teach them a lesson. Next time, instead of choosing to misbehave, they would think about what they were doing."
What the Fucking HELL?!?!? Send this crazy African back on the next boat! :angryfire2:

I used to crack my toes when I was a little kid {4-8}, mainly because it annoyed my mother. :tongue: It doesn't hurt which is why it is ineffective as a punishment. He is probably getting some perverse pleasure from touching students toes. :mad:

We are quite capable in America of growing our own perverts; we don't need to import them from Nigeria. I'm sorry if that sounds racist, I didn't mean it to be. I'm just sick and tired of foreigners coming over here and not acting right. He has allegedly spent his entire adult life and much of his childhood in the USA, he should know better.

Corporal punishment and foot fetish issues aside, how does toe popping encourage a student to do better in algebra or chemistry? :confused:

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What does his race/ethnicity have to do with anything?
The asst. principal was born in Nigeria so presumably, the use of toe popping as a punishment is a cultural thing.

Where have you been? Everything is a race issue these days. When something goes wrong just blame it on the color of your skin. That makes everything okay.
The article doesn't say anything about the asst. principal blaming his actions on his skin colour. Save your personal agendas and biases for a time when they're actually pertinent.

What the Fucking HELL?!?!? Send this crazy African back on the next boat! :angryfire2:

I used to crack my toes when I was a little kid {4-8}, mainly because it annoyed my mother. :tongue: It doesn't hurt which is why it is ineffective as a punishment. He is probably getting some perverse pleasure from touching students toes. :mad:

We are quite capable in America of growing our own perverts; we don't need to import them from Nigeria. I'm sorry if that sounds racist, I didn't mean it to be. I'm just sick and tired of foreigners coming over here and not acting right. He has allegedly spent his entire adult life and much of his childhood in the USA, he should know better.

Corporal punishment and foot fetish issues aside, how does toe popping encourage a student to do better in algebra or chemistry? :confused:

That did come off quite ignorant and intolerant, njqt. Like you said, the man spent the major part of his childhood and all of his adult life in the US, so considering the assimilative nature of the US, the man is more American than anything else, regardless of where he was born. He is esentially an "American-grown pervert".

But I agree, what is the purpose of toe popping as a punishment other than to satisfy his own fetishes.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't have a personal agenda, junior. I do have a right to my opinion though, just like everyone else does.