Assuming you're alive after the Apocalypse...

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Where would you migrate to? Who would you band together with?

I was watching the movie trailer to "The Road", about life after the apocalypse, the advent of a new barbaric age and the struggle for food and being prey to cannibalism. I wondered how would I survive? Where would I go to increase my chances of living and how would I keep alive?

The Road Trailer

I also ruminated that I would be totally unprepared living outside the comforts of civilization. How long would I last in that world?

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it would probably be a case of hooking up with whoever. If anyone survived then we would mostly be in need of as much help as possible. Even those who could look after themselves could do with having someone watch their back/provide company.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Pending my other half surviving as well i'd stick with him because he's got big arms and is a bit of a badass. If such an event occurred like that in The Road then I would just keep moving. I wouldn't necessarily head anywhere in particular but staying in one place for too long would likely get you killed.

If my other half didn't make it i'd wonder how the hell I somehow managed to survive and keep moving no matter what. Failing that I'd let the cannibals have a nibble of my thighs :smile:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
If you live where I do, it would take you some time to realise that there had been an apocolype.

I have a boat and I can fish. I would seek out a S Pacific Island where ten maidens had also survived and quietly go about my duty to repopulate the Earth.

On second thoughts, make that twelve.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I'm not sure I'd want to live without the protections and basic comforts of civilisation, a post apocalyptic world would be so crushingly harsh and depressing I think I'd probably commit suicide. It's not that I don't have the skills to survive, I'm pretty practical, it's just that I wouldn't want to be returned to a world in which there was no respite from the atavistic demands of survival.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it would probably be a case of hooking up with whoever. If anyone survived then we would mostly be in need of as much help as possible. Even those who could look after themselves could do with having someone watch their back/provide company.

I'd let you watch my back after the apocalypse! :biggrin1:

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Interesting question. Where I live, there isnt a whole lot of fresh water, so obviously I'd have to make my way where there is. Would probably be looking to band together with a group of folks- preferably someone with a gun. Head to the mountains, find a fresh water lake and build fortifications. Plenty of animal and plant life in the mountains.

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
depending where you live..the "apocalypse" is upon you already..Before, after, during..whether you see gog and magog, the mahdi, kali yug, kalki or Ragnarok..For USA residents.."our way of life" is partially being "sustained and protected" by our men and women in the armed forces over in Iraq and Afghanistan, where more and more "insurgents" are swelling the ranks brought on by the somewhat hastening of the apocalypse courtesy of the Israeli Government