Astrology and Relationships

xLostxNovemberx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I believe it but there's so much that goes into it sun sign along with moon and rising and where the plantes where when you came out lol. I'm a leo but more on the shy side but once I feel comfortable I'm a full leo :).....I nodiced I'm always attracted to Scorpio's for some reason lol

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's a load of nonsense.

Except that I'm an Aquarius with Libra rising and moon in Capricorn, and have a major planet fixed-sign T-square with the empty sign of Taurus. And a noticeable deficit of Earth elements in my chart. Woe is me, Taureans aren't usually out and about, they're at home curled up in front of their hearth - where I should be too, snuggling with them and grounding myself.

I do believe it but only because of my sister. My sister is a serious student of astrology, spending actual college course credits to learn it. I have seen her time and again pick a person's sign within one or two guesses and then tell that person their moon sign and be accurate. It's uncanny. Now maybe she's psychic or just ridiculously lucky. I don't know.

Some people believe that there are certain basic personality traits that are more likely to appear based upon the seasons of gestation during a pregnancy. That may because diets change with seasons or because the mother's body may conserve energy more aggressively in winter. If this is the case, then there may well be an answer to the possibility that birth at certain times of the year results in a greater chance of certain personality traits.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What do you think about it? And...what is your sign. ;)
I went through a phase in my early 20's when I was very into astrology. I read all the Linda Goodman books. I'm a true Taurus and never quite took it seriously until I dated a Scorpio. That is a pairing that should never happen. I've stopped reading my horoscope. :cool:

As an astronomer, I can safely say I think it's a pile of steaming excrement.

That's like saying because I'm a geologist, I know the church altar isn't holy. Astrology doesn't dispute the physical properties of heavenly bodies. Astrology seeks to describe personalities and predict the future of people based upon the movement of heavenly bodies. Two completely different fields. For all an astrologer cares, the moon could be made of green cheese and no astronomer I know ever cared with any seriousness whether his or her Mars trined with Jupiter.

I said think, Jason. I'd never be so foolish as to claim 100% certainty on something.
Especially not with you around!

I'm just busting. You know, the whole irony of the thing is that astronomers are the people whose lives are most dependent on the movement of heavenly bodies.:biggrin1:

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am a great believer in Chinese astrology both for myself and with regard to relationships. I also use the "I Ching" which is very very accurate, but one has to remember it is to be taken seriously and treated with respect. Otherwise one will be very disappointed and be quick to describe it as "a load of rubbish" It is like baking a cake if you do not follow the recipe to the letter, then you can only expect failure.

The I Ching or book of change has been around for many centuries, having stood the test of time and will continue to be, for time to come.

D_Tina_Ciao

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think these sign descriptions are so vague and broad that anybody can fit into any one of the signs.

Not really - some descriptions are pretty strongly specific about those within them, enough so that some signs are not at all like others - for example, Aries is really opposite Libra - the listed characteristics of one do not fit the other at all. Not trying to be argumentative, and this is not meant to criticize - merely to clarify a bit.

I'm not saying there's validity to it, just that there are differences and all the sun signs are not alike enough to interchange, although some may be. (Being a Libra, I guess I see both sides of this discussion!
lol.)

Ascendants, moons, and other planetary placements also
*supposedly* affect the person's characteristics. I'm a Libra sun sign (balanced, feminine), with a Cancer ascendant (nurturing, motherly), moon in Scorpio (sexual, deep), Mercury in Libra (balanced adept communicator), Venus in Leo (passionate, affectionate), etc. - planetary placements affect the whole thing.
And the Pluto thing - other larger bodies also are said to affect things (Chiron, Vesta, Juno, Pallas, Ceres), as well as the placement of the node and midheaven, so Pluto being declassified as a planet is not that relevant.

Used to delve into it; no longer follow it though it is interesting - I follow God/Christ now, although I do wonder about the "wise men from the east" at Christ's birth who were astrologers........

Please don't flame me, attack me. This is just my opinion - interesting but I don't claim to be an expert on anything! I am a Libra as to being peaceful and disliking arguments! And nothing I say is *ever* intended to hurt, criticize, flame, or judge another - just expressing an opinion.

Last edited:

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I think that there is a grain of truth to some of it.... yet, the descriptions are so vague it is hard NOT to read some traits into my 'sign'. IMH dumbass opinion, I think it has more to do with the season of year one was born than stars. I just notice that people who celebrate birthdays in the late spring/early summer have a different outlook than those born when things are going dormant in the late fall. My anecdotal pithy story to support this: I am a Gemini (mid June) so the start of my life is associated with early summer. Those vague Gem traits like spontinaity, hyperactivity and the drive to 'do it all' are very true in my case...but after a northern hemosphere winter...who isnt? I have an Argentine cousin, about the same age, whos birthday is December 15th...the southern hemosphere's late spring/early summer....and his personality is allot like mine.

As adults, our birthdays are more like, "oh goodie, another year" event...but as children it is a big deal...and I think that the time of year has some impact on our personality development.

Last edited: