Astrology: Do you buy it?

Stringer

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I do, to a degree. Recently it's intrigued me a ton.

I will say that I think part of it is definitely a crock. Not a fan of daily horoscopes and things of the like. I am a Sagittarius, and I am supposed to be most compatible with the two other fire signs, Aries and Leo. I am also supposed to be compatible, to a slightly lesser degree with Gemini, Libra, Aquarius, the remaining masculine signs. I've found that masculine attracts masculine while feminine (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio Capricorn, Pisces) attracts feminine.

I quote from an astrology website:

Masculine Signs in astrology are signs which have traditionally been conceived as more active and less receptive, primarily focusing on the spiritual/mental world.

Generally speaking, planets in feminine signs in your horoscope add sensitivity and emotional depth, while those in masculine signs add spirituality and activity, whether physical or mental.

I have found that I click amazingly well with Aries and Leo, so that's what originally sparked my interest in astrology. My absolute best friend/other half is an Aries to a tee. The guy I felt the strongest romantic emotional bond with - ever in my life - was an Aries. My mother is an Aries and we also have a special, special bond. My childhood best friend was a Gemini, and we had similar a similar demeanor as well. On the flip side, I am terrible with Virgo and Capricorn, who tend to be more grounded and introverted - the opposite of me. I'm fucking loud and out there. I fall in line with many of the general Sagittarius traits: extremely outgoing, very energetic and enthusiastic, overly blunt and straightforward.

So I buy it, mainly for the compatibility with other signs factor (but I do understand that sometimes it can only be used as a general guide, and not every person is true to his sign). Do you believe in it? What's your sign? Any experiences you could share would be great.

D

deleted3782

I'm a Gemini. I do tend to find that I connect better to people of certain signs (Taurus and Aquarius) and I have had bad experiences with other signs (Pisces and Leo), and sometimes a description of Gemini traits fit me pretty well...but I think astrology is so interpretive that you can make it fit if you want it to fit and visa versa.

Daily horoscopes are always way off for me. My best friend loves horoscopes and he read mine to me a few weeks ago. I was predicted to have a baby. Didn't happen.

I would be careful in using astrology as a general guide. You will possibly disqualify some really cool people because they are labelled under the wrong sign for you.

A few years ago I started a relationship with a person who was a Pisces. All of my past experiences with Pisces have been bad, but I didn't want the labels to prevent me from getting to know this person more. Sure enough, the relationship quickly grew pretty toxic and ended. Astrology? Nah. We just weren't right for each other...but I gave it a try.

Tuka

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I pretty much think it's total bullshit (no offense). I think if it really had some validity to it, some scientific proof of that would exist by now.

My sign is Taurus; in some ways I resemble the description, but in other ways not.

Stringer

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
@Tuka: No offense taken at all. I don't really believe in God and religion, but I respect others beliefs (usually). To each his own.

@Ex: I don't rule anyone out by their sign by any means. I'm just giving my personal experiences, and how I've noticed a trend, which has caused me to believe in astrology to a degree.

ryan25yo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

I will say that I think part of it is definitely a crock. Not a fan of daily horoscopes and things of the like. I am a Sagittarius, and I am supposed to be most compatible with the two other fire signs, Aries and Leo. I am also supposed to be compatible, to a slightly lesser degree with Gemini, Libra, Aquarius, the remaining masculine signs. I've found that masculine attracts masculine while feminine (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio Capricorn, Pisces) attracts feminine.

I have found that I click amazingly well with Aries and Leo, so that's what originally sparked my interest in astrology. My absolute best friend/other half is an Aries to a tee. The guy I felt the strongest romantic emotional bond with - ever in my life - was an Aries. My mother is an Aries and we also have a special, special bond. My childhood best friend was a Gemini, and we had similar a similar demeanor as well. On the flip side, I am terrible with Virgo and Capricorn, who tend to be more grounded and introverted - the opposite of me. I'm fucking loud and out there. I fall in line with many of the general Sagittarius traits: extremely outgoing, very energetic and enthusiastic, overly blunt and straightforward.

So I buy it, mainly for the compatibility with other signs factor (but I do understand that sometimes it can only be used as a general guide, and not every person is true to his sign). Do you believe in it? What's your sign? Any experiences you could share would be great.
Absolutely NOT!

D_Audemar_Awfulass

Account Disabled
Media
Rather than getting into whether it works or not, lets do something better:

Ask me a question about anything you would like to know about that I couldnt possibly know through other methods. In fact, something applyng to your future that we can verify soon. Not something that might happen within years, but something within a resonable timeframe.

Examples of questions: Will i pass the test? Will she/he become my BF/GF? Mill I move this year?

I DO NOT need your natal data. I will use what is known as horary astrology.

I will only answer one question, preferably from the person (you) who began this thread. Post it here, and I will send you my reply here, so we can all check the accuracy of the method.

It only takes one accurate prediction to reject the idea that astrology doesnt work, even if the rest was all just garbage. Many times it is, but one has to know more about about it before being able to ascertain who is good and who isnt.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Astrology: Do you buy it?

for me, not really no'
too much info to sift thru,digest retain and figure out what to believe, and what not
when it comes to events that have occurred to someone, when everything's 'aligned' etc, i prefer to take the easier way out in a belief that ..it just happened that way ..
hope we are talking the same thing?? ha
see, i am too lazy to check even that?? ha assume to much?

D

deleted3782

Its natural that people look for signs to point the path forward or to give us assurances for the future. Anything that can make our future look less risky and more predictable would be appreciated...whether that is through tea leaves, stones, cards, planets, stars, ghosts, a dead Frenchman, old calendars, weather patterns, rhythms, patterns, computer programs, dreams, or prayer. I think the harsh reality is that the future can't be predicted, be it for life or love.

Maybe, just maybe, people who are Leos are just assholes...I jest! I jest! :biggrin1:

@Barbarosa: A cusp makes all the difference.

LargeSide

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Its natural that people look for signs to point the path forward or to give us assurances for the future. Anything that can make our future look less risky and more predictable would be appreciated...whether that is through tea leaves, stones, cards, planets, stars, ghosts, a dead Frenchman, old calendars, weather patterns, rhythms, patterns, computer programs, dreams, or prayer. I think the harsh reality is that the future can't be predicted, be it for life or love.

Maybe, just maybe, people who are Leos are just assholes...I jest! I jest! :biggrin1:

@Barbarosa: A cusp makes all the difference.

Looking at myself, I'd believe it!

tbrguy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It only takes one accurate prediction to reject the idea that astrology doesnt work, even if the rest was all just garbage.

With logic like that I'm not surprised you've fallen for it...

I could toss a coin and be right half the time.