Monkey day

If I ever find a scorpio dragon...watch out! :wink:

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The Scientific Case against Astrology | OPEN Magazine
In the 1960s, a French psychologist and statistician Michael Gauquelin mixed the charts of ten murderers who had been hanged with ten average citizens, and invited astrologers to identify them from the charts. Predictably, the few astrologers who took up the challenge failed miserably. But in another test, he showed how people are desperate to believe in astrology.

He sent 500 people what they thought was a reading of their charts and asked for their response. About 95 per cent of those who replied said that the chart was in agreement with their life and character. But what they had read was actually the reading of the horoscope of Marcel Petiot, a serial killer. Twenty years later, an ABC anchor pulled a similar trick in public. He invited a noted astrologer and gave her a serial killer’s charts. The astrologer’s descriptions included “enormously bright… great charm… a sense of moral propriety…” The anchor then passed on the reading to 20 students from whom he had collected charts earlier and said this was their reading. All felt that the astrologer had got it spot on

Make things so vague that it could apply to them and people will see that it does.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I haven't found something to replace astrology yet, which is capable of explaining a few uncanny things to me. Science had better catch up with my life soon.

And a mere sun sign is not much to go on, OP.

Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Scientific Case against Astrology | OPEN Magazine

Make things so vague that it could apply to them and people will see that it does.

I have to agree....but I do think the planets do have an affect on people, I mean just look at ancient civilizations who used the planets to shape their cultures...

people who oppose atrology also have to take into account that societies and families affect people as well...

is astrology real?...who knows

double_digit

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How many of you ladies on LPSG believe in astrology, and if so, what's your sign....

I doth believe I found someone as sly as I am. ;D Be careful of this one ladies. If he's got a mind too, he's going to undo every one of us. :D

pile of bollocks as far as i'm concerned.

The same pile that you collected over the years from unworthy companions? Mantis-woman. ;D *runs and hides*

I have to agree....but I do think the planets do have an affect on people, I mean just look at ancient civilizations who used the planets to shape their cultures...

people who oppose atrology also have to take into account that societies and families affect people as well...

is astrology real?...who knows

Never underestimate the power of superstition, imagination and misguidance. Why, just look at the Internet, it makes a perfect case history all of itself. ;> Astrology is no more real than the Internet itself - literally having nothing physical other than the wires that connect it together - more like a state of mind and discipline than anything concrete. Astrology relies on the physical component of stars and Planets, but any significance beyond that is what frail human imaginings attach to them. *shrug*

Psst... Capricorn, and loving it. :D

double_digit

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I haven't found something to replace astrology yet, which is capable of explaining a few uncanny things to me. Science had better catch up with my life soon.

And a mere sun sign is not much to go on, OP.

I do not have any relevant links to share - but look to the Japanese.

For QUITE a while, they attributed personal traits and interactions between people in heterogeneous environments according to BLOODTYPE. Rh factor is not a concern, just the major groupings.

In short, certain personality traits are literally tied to bloodtype. I am sure we all heard of "Type-A personalities" and the like. Curious. Intriguing in a fashion, but I am not 100% sold on that concept either.

double_digit

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i'll forgive you,
but only because your cute, fuzzy avatar reminds me of a puppy i once kicked.

And I am sure he liked it and came back when the cuts knitted. :D How prophetic of me to say how I would eventually get punted in another thread. :> But I was expecting it from someone else entirely.

You woman, have no soul. I am in good company. :tongue: