Astrology

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You would be hard pressed to manage an an arranged marriage in the Indian subcontinent without the horoscopes of the two parties. That is the overwhelming majority of marriages there. So astrology is not going anywhere no matter what the scientists have accomplished re: validation or dismissal. It's simply too entrenched in too many cultures.

incubus08

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not a female, but this thread caught my eye because although I don't really take much stock in astrology I read my horoscope every morning lol. It's just something fun to do and puts a smile on my face. I think Astrology is no more valid then luck, but people put as much faith into it as they do luck. It's easy to tell someone vaguely what's gonna happen in the day "Youll meet someone you have an interest in" but there's nothing wrong with that I suppose.

BTW I'm an Aquarius.

double_digit

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The cute fuzzy avatar just makes me want to love him and cuddle him and make friends with him :smile:

Awww, thanks now. :D I am never one to turn down a cuddle and talk. But even without the avatar I *try* to engender the same qualities. :> Unfortunately in real life(tm) there is not a single stray tuft of fluff or a tail but at least the whimsical attitude is there.

As far as marriages + horoscopes in India:

Do they still also arrange marriages at the time of birth as well? Families betroth their young to one another for social, political and wealth reasons? A horoscope just helps "cement" the deal on a frankly...shaky arrangement.

"Our kids should be married and here's the proof!"
Bleh - let your young decide how they want to meet up. More satisfied people that way, IMO. Horoscopes beyond personal amusement really are not all that important. Here, let's see - **grabs DirecTV remote and hits the "Active" key to access his own**

"Because you are so unique and your current scene unusual, what works for you is not likely to work for your friend, and vice versa. Just for now, be wary of taking and giving recommendations."

Ummmm, hmmmmm. Damn. You know..... NOPE, not going to dwell on it a moment longer.

*spooked*