At Last Something Most Agree On

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Your comments a based on the asumption that the Founding Fathers would not want corporations to have rights such as free speech.

Since the corporations are a legal entity formed by individuals to engage in commerce the individuals should not lose rights.
The Founding Fathers wanted to protect the rights of the individual.

What might the Founding Fathers think about large corporations and what rights they might have?
Just conjecture.
A reasonable argument could be made that they would view a corporation as an extension of the individual and therefore entitled to the same rights.

So it doesn't appear that you are correct.

And I am more concerned about my rights than my buying power.
I am also concerned about your rights.
I'm not even going to bother. I mean really, what's the point? I have better things to do than try to debate another confirmed zealot who is incapable of rational thought, who twists logic and our founding documents to suit his own predetermined agenda. Better things like . . . virtually anything.

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
...to wit, the title of the thread "Something MOST Agree On".
Excepting perhaps, those who have a vested interest in seeing corporations gain even more control over our government, those who have their pockets lined or campaign chests filled by said corporations, and their lackeys.