AT&T buy out T-Mobile USA

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by motoramic, Mar 21, 2011.

1. motoramic

motoramic Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I am with T-Mobile. I love their generous plans and excellent customer service. Lots of T-mobile customers are upset with AT&T buyout! AT&T customers would benefits from the buy out and T-Mo customers would lose out! I hope the buy out doesn't get approve because it would put Sprint in a very bad position. It's better that Sprint could buy out so that Verizon & AT&T would not control about 80% of the US marketshare. Crossing my fingers that the merge doesn't happened. If it does, I'm screwed! What's your take on this?

#1 motoramic, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  2. docilej

docilej Member

I hear after the AT&T/T-Mobile marriage, there won't be any reception.

3. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Best post of the day!

4. motoramic

Albums:

Where did you hear that from because there wouldn't be any AT&T and T-Mobile customers left. :thinking: :phone:

#4 motoramic, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  5. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    I WAS an AT&T customer before the Storm (land line) and a cellular customer of the company they merged with (Cingular) shortly afterward. Both sucked BIG time, besides which they're both overly priced. And AT&Ttried to stiff N.O. customers with phone bills for non existing service in flooded out areas. I sent them both to hell long ago and signed up with T-Mobile.

I hope the buy out doesn't get approved either. IF it does, I'll probably switch carriers.

6. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's a joke.

Merger...marriage...reception...cellular reception...

7. motoramic

Albums:

I know it's a joke but I was making a point to you. Not all of us T-Mobile customers (and AT&T) have reception issue or have poor or no reception. We all chose to switch or remain with our carrier for whatever reasons. If the merger goes through, it would be the largest US carrier! I just hope it won't happened.

#7 motoramic, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  8. midlifebear

Gold Member

Well, I'm not going to the reception. They didn't attend mine. Plus I'm not going to let them make me feel guilty for not bringing a gift.

9. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    From what I've read they'll be placing 88,888,888 new cell towers in the state of Ne-vada (naturally Carson City will be unscathed by the unsightly and ghastly things but will reap all benefits:biggrin1:).

I myself had just a brief difficulty with ATT back in December, they were helpful and gave a bill reduction for the days my servce was spotty. I hate T-Mobile.

There was mention too that any ATT cust. that still has a 3G phone will need a new one to use any media svcs. which means they'll make out like bandits.

10. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I think I would be apt to switch too. I hope the merger would allow customers to switch carriers and break their contracts without penalty, especially since for what I pay for T-Mobile (as not great as the service is), I'd pay just as much and get even LESS with AT&T. Not that Verizon was any better. I may just have to go to Sprint.

11. luvinlife83

luvinlife83 Member

if the merger happens, i like the fact that we (tmobile customers) will have more choices of phones, especially blackberries. but at the same time, I used to be with at&t and it sucked. plus there is a good chance that us tmobile customers will lose our unlimited data plan which sucks because i use my blackberry for everything. So, im not sure how I feel. I like the more phone options, but hate the fact that I might lose my data plan and get a rate hike. Plus I work in the country and att gets no service in the town i work in, so I might be switching to verizon if this merger happens. I don't like verizon because they are so expensive, but at least i'll get a signal in the town i work in.

12. motoramic

Albums:
    Yeah, many T-Mobile customers like myself are concern with the data cap and the price hikes. Many of us have negative experiences with AT&T so we left for T-Mobile (like myself again). On this link below, I was reading some of the comments on what people's opinions about the acquisition. Most of them were quite negative from the T-mobile customers. Check it out:

AT&T agrees to buy T-Mobile USA from Deutsche Telekom for $39 billion (update) -- Engadget

13. pinspotter10

pinspotter10 Member

14. midlifebear

Gold Member

Oh, the horror! The idea of actually having mobile phone service between Wells and Jackpot is too much to deal with. Is there no place left in god's 'Mericuh where we can't hide?

Doesn't matter much. I've never worried about the cost, but years ago I got us all Trac Fones. You just buy a card at the check stand for so many minutes and they start doubling the credits when you enter the codes on the cards. If you don't use your phone for 1.5 years it dies. No telephone games. Just service, where available, on other carriers. :smile:

As for Spain and Argentina we use similar pay-as-you-go phones offered by Telefonica. After all, it's just a fucking phone.

#14 midlifebear, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  15. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    I too left AT&T for T-Mobile. I liked to use my BlackBerry Pearl without the Internet connection except sometimes when traveling, so I would order the connection before a trip and then end it once I no longer needed it. Then AT&T decided that nobody with a "smart" phone could use their services without paying for an Internet connection: that will be another $40 a month, please, suckers. I said "Fuck you very much" and went over to T-Mobile, which would let me use my old phone (after I had obtained a code to unlock it) and a really cheap plan commensurate with my very modest mobile-phone needs.

If AT&T after it takes over T-Mobile tells me that I need to start paying for Internet service, I may just tell them "Fuck you very much" again and do without a mobile phone. I really don't need mine except when I travel.

My first mobile phone service provider was Sprint. Their coverage was terrible. They certainly deserve their last-place ranking, so I'm not likely to go over to them.

16. _Auron_

_Auron_ Member

I'm an Android game developer and don't appreciate AT&T's Apple mindset when it comes to devices, and I hate AT&T as a phone company anyways. If this does indeed get approved, I'm switching to Verizon.

I'll miss you, T-Mo.

17. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

I use T-Mobile pre pay with unlimited text for 15.00 and 10 cents a min talk with 24 hour internet for 1.49 for on days i need it.

18. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Given the animosity against AT&T one would think the feds would get the hint and not allow this buyout.

But then again, considering our current trend of national politics, that'll be even MORE of a reason for them to fuck us over once again.

19. BiItalianBro

Gold Member

Im hardly unique in the sense that this 'deal' makes me sick to my stomach. Been with TMo for almost 10 years...love em....and like many others, I will bail if this deal is done. Looking at the broader picture, if the DOJ/FCC allow this buy out...it releases Sprint and Verizon to migrate to usage plan pricing more akin to AT&Ts current model (read: expensive). So at the end of the day, all consumers loose...not just current TMo folks. The only winner I can see coming out of this, if it comes to fruition, is Leap Wireless dba Cricket.

20. motoramic

Albums:
    Yes!!! Sprint officially opposes AT&T's proposed acquisition of T-Mobile. If FCC approves the acquisition, duopoly between AT&T and Verizon would control nearly 80% of the post paid market. This would reduces competition and harm consumers.

#20 motoramic, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
Draft saved Draft deleted