At the gym the other day...

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
rec3000 said:
Most of them should be in the Fictitious Stories forum. I don't see this kind of action either--at least not that often.

I think it varies a lot gym to gym. I have always worked at universities, so most of my gym time has been at campus gyms. These are pretty cruisy places ... there appears to be a dynamic where older guys (faculty/staff) will camp out in the locker rooms hoping to scope out hot students (who are smarter than that and will just go back to their dorms to shower!)

In non-university gyms I have belonged to, the locker room and shower scene has been FAR more sedate. If I'd only ever belonged to gyms like those, I'd wonder WTF people were talking about here, too.

Steve

Most of them should be in the Fictitious Stories forum. I don't see this kind of action either--at least not that often.

I have to agree with you there. I have never seen anything remotely sexual take place in the locker room, showers, sauna or steam rooms in the last 20 years that I have been using them. Sure, I have been ogled, but nothing else has ever happened, and I haven't ever seen anything happen between other guys. I have only seen 1 guy with a raging hard on in the shower in the last 20 years out of the thousands of guys I have showered around. I think the poor kid was just nervous - he looked terrified! It was probably the first time in that environment for him, and it was just nervous energy being released.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't see anything unusual about this. There's probably many reasons why he only just took a shower at the gym without working out.

Some guys use the gym as their showering place away from home or he forgot he had to be somewhere else and had no time for a workout. Maybe he smelt bad and had to take a shower in the middle of the day, may he wanted to get rid of the smell of his mistress when returning to his wife, maybe he just wanted to use the steam room because he was in the neighborhood and was cold...etc.

I wouldn't read into it too much. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill. The sad part about this is if he had a normal dick you wouldn't have thought about this incident twice.

Last edited:
D

deleted3782

I think it varies a lot gym to gym. I have always worked at universities, so most of my gym time has been at campus gyms. These are pretty cruisy places ... there appears to be a dynamic where older guys (faculty/staff) will camp out in the locker rooms hoping to scope out hot students (who are smarter than that and will just go back to their dorms to shower!)

That reminds me of a story...a few years ago I had a friend, who had a friend who taught at a local university. We shall call the teacher J. J had a careful regimen each day after class of changing in the locker rooms, then working out, then taking a shower. Though he was gay, he stated that he was very subtle in his oogling of guys. As he told it, he was in and out of the gym, and nobody suspected was enjoying the view.

One day my friend was talking to a student on that campus, and the student was going to be late for a meeting after working out because he couldn't use the gym showers and had to go back to his dorm room. My friend asked why, and the the student relayed a story about this famously trollish college professor who hung out under the shower for hours at a time, eyeing all the students. It gave everyone in the locker room the creeps, and few used the gym showers any more. The student described the creep guy, and it was J!

J thought he was being so subtle, when in reality he cleared out the whole gym showers (taking long showers waiting for the next student to arrive, when in reality they were all going home to avoid him!).

At any rate, we all had a great laugh at J's expense. My friend did tell J the story, but he refused to believe it was him. He was indeed very creepy.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Some guys use the gym as their showering place away from home or he forgot he had to be somewhere else and had no time for a workout. Maybe he smelt bad and had to take a shower in the middle of the day, may he wanted to get rid of the smell of his mistress when returning to his wife, maybe he just wanted to use the steam room because he was in the neighborhood and was cold...etc.

That reminds me -- a couple years ago when my water heater went out it took a few days to schedule a replacement (because I was moving it from the first floor closet to the attic, and going from tank to tankless, so it was a lot of work reconfiguring and they needed several guys). Anyway.....not having hot water at home, I took my work clothes to the gym and showered and shaved there probably 3 mornings on my way to work. So there *are* valid reasons. But that probably accounts for 1% of this activity.

LongandBigSub

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
That reminds me of a story...a few years ago I had a friend, who had a friend who taught at a local university. We shall call the teacher J. J had a careful regimen each day after class of changing in the locker rooms, then working out, then taking a shower. Though he was gay, he stated that he was very subtle in his oogling of guys. As he told it, he was in and out of the gym, and nobody suspected was enjoying the view.

One day my friend was talking to a student on that campus, and the student was going to be late for a meeting after working out because he couldn't use the gym showers and had to go back to his dorm room. My friend asked why, and the the student relayed a story about this famously trollish college professor who hung out under the shower for hours at a time, eyeing all the students. It gave everyone in the locker room the creeps, and few used the gym showers any more. The student described the creep guy, and it was J!

J thought he was being so subtle, when in reality he cleared out the whole gym showers (taking long showers waiting for the next student to arrive, when in reality they were all going home to avoid him!).

At any rate, we all had a great laugh at J's expense. My friend did tell J the story, but he refused to believe it was him. He was indeed very creepy.

Thank you for writing out this story.

One thing I've learned over my life experience is that people who cause a reaction in us tend to mirror feelings we have about oursevles. Its just the person who causes the reaction just activates those hidden feelings in us.

For example, there are "voyeurs" in the locker room and how people react to their looking and creepiness. I've experience my share of voyeurs in the locker room. Some were subtle, and this tends to not bother me, but there are and some who are downright oblivous to personal boundaries, staring blantantly and then smiling at you on the gym floor, after they saw you naked in the locker room.

Like most people, I don't like to be gawked at, when I'm changing in the locker room. I can accept there are people who are curious to look, and there may be some homoerotic undertones in the looking, but I still think we should all respect other people's boundaries when others change, and not make others feel uncomfortable.

But then, there are those who get wrapped up in their horniness, and not only look, but gawk, and do things that violate your personal space of changing in the locker room.

And it's normal to react, but then, there are other men who don't seem to make a big deal out of the same situation. They just avoid it, and move on. Consequently they seem to men who are straight, who are just open minded about gay men.

But for those who experience being gawked at by a voyeur, that feeling of violation continues to bother them, except now they have a face to match up with that feeling.

The reason I write this is that I think the people that tend to bother us, like voyeurs in the locker room, or people who seek out unsolicited sex in the locker room, on some level tend to reflect issues we have about ourselves.

I think men who identify themselves as homesexual are all voyeurs when it comes to seeing attractive naked men, and would accept a sexual invitiation from a man who was attractive naked in the locker room. But when a non attractive man watches them change, it causes a negative reaction about how they feel as attractive, sexual beings.

I'm not saying if a man sees you naked, and likes what he sees in the locker room, that you should go with his sexual invitation. Not at all. But I am saying you shouldn't feel such blatant disregard for someone who is only reacting to the same homosexual feelings that you may have, except he's just not aware of how to manage them properly.

So people who tend to causes reaction in us are somehow a mirror of our own feelings that we project to other people.

That reminds me -- a couple years ago when my water heater went out it took a few days to schedule a replacement (because I was moving it from the first floor closet to the attic, and going from tank to tankless, so it was a lot of work reconfiguring and they needed several guys). Anyway.....not having hot water at home, I took my work clothes to the gym and showered and shaved there probably 3 mornings on my way to work. So there *are* valid reasons. But that probably accounts for 1% of this activity.

I actually got a week-long membership at the gym here because our well pump went out. I use the gym in the next town over but I really needed to shower and brush my teeth and be fresh in the morning and didn't have time to drive in the wrong direction just to bathe. I felt pretty sheepish just going in and bathing because it seemed too trollish so I made as quick work of it as possible.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think men who identify themselves as homesexual are all voyeurs when it comes to seeing attractive naked men, and would accept a sexual invitiation from a man who was attractive naked in the locker room. But when a non attractive man watches them change, it causes a negative reaction about how they feel as attractive, sexual beings.

Well articulated.

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well sometimes, I would ride my bicycle to work and rather show up to work all sweaty, I go to my gym nearby and take a shower.