at what size?

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by wannabigman, Nov 3, 2007.

1. wannabigman

wannabigman New Member

what size in penis, do you consider to need a magnum condom?

2. baconbit

baconbit Member

Albums:
    I'd like to know about this too. I just got out of a very long term relationship and honestly havent had to wear a condom in 7 years. I had my first, post ex sex the other night and noticed the condom seemed to be a little too tight on me, is that normal? I am not that big of a boy, 7-7.5X6-6.5. That should be good for a regular condom right?

3. str82fcuk

str82fcuk Member

Albums:
    Glasgow ... (formerly Johannesburg, Montreal)
    I would go for the bigger size if i were you.
    I'm 7.5-8/6-6.5 whichisn't huge, but I find regular condoms sometimes
    restrict the blood flow so much I end up losing my erection :(

4. baconbit

baconbit Member

Albums:
    Yeah, it really seemed to be cutting off the circulation. These were just run of the mill trojan condoms.

Sorry! I didnt mean to hijack your post wannabigman!

5. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    how 'bout spending the 50 cents and trying a large one. I prefer them because I like the sliding friction in them.

6. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    My girth is 5.5", enough that regular condoms are annoyingly tight, but still usable. I use the Magnums not out of sheer necessity, but preference. If you're thicker than me, you probably should check them out.

7. wannabigman

wannabigman New Member

its cool im only about 7.25 but i feel like im not done growing. trying to stay optimistic

8. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    There's sort of an old rule for this one:

1) Get a regular cardboard tube from a roll of toilet paper.
    2) Get hard
    3) Try to put your dick in it

If you don't fit in there, you're probably good to go for a Magnum.

I fit this rule, but at 5.75" around I haven't had problems using regular sized condoms or Magnums. If you're not sure what to use, try both and pick the ones your prefer.

9. avg_joe

Gold Member

8" and above

10. enormouslyaverage

Albums:
    I don't know if the cardboard roll trick works, personally. I'm 5.25" and I can't even come CLOSE to getting in the roll, but I also don't think I would be doing Magnums justice.

11. the_reverend

Gold Member

it seems to vary from person to person, even with people of same or similar sizes. i'm 7" long and 5.5" around, and i have to use Magnum XLs, while others who are larger than me feel comfortable using just Magnums. your best bet is to try them out and see which one works best for you.

12. baconbit

baconbit Member

Albums:
    Thanks for the input. It has been so long, I wasnt sure if they were suppose to be that damned tight, good to know they arent, cuz that would have sucked. Off to buy the large ones.

13. tybur6

tybur6 New Member

Albums:
    6-1/2" inches around is big... quite big.

The talk about condoms always includes "I'm only 7-1/2 but I use Magnums" etc. What does length have to do with condoms?

Yeah - the bigger condoms are a little longer too... but the regular ones are 7+ inches long already. Not exactly short.

14. No_Strings

Gold Member

I'm 7x6 for simplicities sake and a standard size condom simply will not work on me, and believe me I've tried. Magnum XL's fit lieka dream, snug but neither tight nor loose. I haven't tried anything else inbetween those sizes.
    (It should be noted that my girth, which is actually a little above 6", is the deciding factor for the condoms I can and can't use.)

15. the_reverend

Gold Member

yeah, girth is the deciding factor...for me, i think it's just because i've sort of conditioned myself to give BOTH of my stats when talking about my size. odd, i know, but that's the only answer i have. :biggrin1:

16. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Put an ordinary condom on, if it cuts the blood supply to your dick off and it falls off three hours later from gangrene you need a magnum.

17. str82fcuk

str82fcuk Member

Albums:
    Glasgow ... (formerly Johannesburg, Montreal)
    :confused: Well of course a condom could probably never completely 'cut off' all circulation, but a tight condom most certainly restricts (in the sense of 'diminishes') the supply of blood to the cock

if I'm all horned up and it's my first fuck of the day then, while the condom still feels uncomfortable and restrictive, my performance will not be hindered by it - but on other occasions the discomfort may contribute to loss of erection ....

maybe I should just do more cardiovascular exercises but a bigger condom is MUCH more comfortable and conducive and imho preferable for anyone with even slightly above average girth (fatter than a cardboard toilet roll tube? that is surely not even one standard deviation from the norm :smile:)

18. espresso1980

espresso1980 New Member

I would say it depends on how thick you are. The magum condoms are designed with larger rings and a little more length. Someone with a 5" dick but 6.5" girth would probably prefer magnum.

I have used both regular condoms and magnum condoms. The regular condoms squish my penis head and cuts off blood flow. A lot of times I'd be trying to roll off the condom and it gets a little difficult. It's also critical to use a lot of lube as regular condoms break with friction, especially the thin/ultrathin condoms.

The magnum condoms are a lot more comfortable however they don't come in ribbed which my boyfriend loves. I have also tried other Large or Xtra Large condoms. I find that they vary and it really requires trial and error to find which brand you're most comfortable without having condoms slip off or break during sex.

I'm long and thick, but Magnum XL is a little too loose. I use Large or Magnum condoms rather than the XL varieties. I also notice if you order online rather than at your local drugstore, you can get a variety of large condoms.

19. B_DEATHbyCARROT

B_DEATHbyCARROT New Member

That is exactly why I like 'em. I was using regular ones and yeah they are a bit tight. I tried magnums and when im fully hard they fit just right. Just make sure you really pay attention to taking it out as soon as your done because the girth you loose when you go soft really makes it loose whereas regular rubbers still fit on snugly.

I was actually a bit apprehensive about trying one, cause I thought I might feel bad if it didn't "fit", but they do and I like them better (although the "pleasure" rubbers with more room at the end are good too).

20. SolidPalm

SolidPalm Member

I'd recommend the XL condoms from Lifestyles. For me, the feel better than Magnums, and a whole lot better than normal condoms.

Draft saved Draft deleted