Atlanta man branded 'Worst Person in World' online

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

Atlanta man branded 'Worst Person in World' online
    Back-and-forth on dating site turns into Web feeding frenzy

By ELIZABETH COBB
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Published on: 10/12/07

How many times have you written an e-mail, scanned over it quickly and just hit send? We've all done it, but it takes a special e-mail to earn the writer the distinction of "The Worst Person in the World" by an uber-popular media Web site.

On Thursday, the editors at Gawker.com, a New York-based media gossip site, were forwarded an e-mail that Atlantan John Fitzgerald Page had sent to a potential suitor who rebuffed him on Match.com.

It all began when Page received a low-pressure hello in the form of a "wink" from a fellow member of the dating site. In his response to the woman, he listed his credentials — Buckhead high-rise dweller, Ivy League grad, a job in corporate finance, his work-out regimen, his height and his weight — and inquired about hers.

The unidentified woman sent him the Match.com equivalent of a "thanks, but no thanks" in a Web site-generated form letter that said their personalities didn't match.

And that's when Page fired off a scathing missive, which can be read in its entirety at www.gawker.com. Summed up, it accused her of being out of shape and chided her for missing out on his many qualities: "8.9 on Hot or Not, Ivy League grad, Mensa member, can bench/squat/leg press over 1,200 lbs., has had lunch with the secretary of defense, has an MBA from the top school in the country, lives in a Buckhead high rise, drives a Beemer convertible, has been in 14 major motion pictures, was in Jezebel's Best dressed, etc."

Gawker's post went live around noon Thursday, and as of Friday afternoon, had been viewed more than 115,000 times, with more than 1,900 viewers' comments added to the thread, most of which are merciless in their evisceration of his e-mail and his personal Web-site at http://johnfitzgeraldpage.com.

By midday Friday, Page posted a response on his site saying, in part, "Every single piece of my life has been put up for scrutiny. ... An overnight Internet pariah for sending a girl a personal e-mail? Everything I have ever worked for in my life has been sullied in one day, by one person." He's also threatened Gawker with legal action. Gawker in turn posted its own response, saying its original post was opinion and not legally actionable.

In an e-mail exchange with the AJC on Friday, Page declined to comment after he asked whether he would be compensated for the interview and was told no. In a follow-up, he said, "'Inside Edition' is offering me cash for an exclusive ..."

And that's when Page fired off a scathing missive, which can be read in its entirety at www.gawker.com. Summed up, it accused her of being out of shape and chided her for missing out on his many qualities: "8.9 on Hot or Not, Ivy League grad, Mensa member, can bench/squat/leg press over 1,200 lbs., has had lunch with the secretary of defense, has an MBA from the top school in the country, lives in a Buckhead high rise, drives a Beemer convertible, has been in 14 major motion pictures, was in Jezebel's Best dressed, etc."

OMG! This man is a complete douche bag! :eek:

2. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Guys that have to say stuff like that and then just have to insult someone like that is so fucked up. He got what he deserved.

PS I've got a 9.5 on Hot or Not :redface:

3. Principessa

Gold Member

I thought so too. He actually reminds me of the losers who send mass PM's to we ladies of LPSG. :biggrin1:

4. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

What an idiot.. He got what he deserved... I want to join the site to pm him a wink... lol what a douche indeed.

5. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Douchebag?
    Sure.

Worst Person in the World?
    Not even close.

He's not even in the running for Worst Douchebag in the World...that's still sewn up by John Edward, although Ann Coulter seems to be trying her damnedest to prove she deserves it. This meathead isn't even on the radar.

6. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I just read his personal webpage... that guy is a douche.

7. Willy_the_Wonka

Willy_the_Wonka New Member

Albums:
    Ditto.

Douchebag perhaps, but not Worst Person in the World. Then again, I think a large percentage of society behaves like that or worse. As far as INTERNET society...well, we have a revolving door of more qualified contestants for that here at this forum, on a regular basis.

Naah, we all see worse transgressions than that.

But yeah, the guy definitely needs to take a hint. :rolleyes:

8. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wow -- how come a person with "all that" was so needy that he had to respond that way?!!

(Actually, I expected far worse... I was expecting something more like this which is actually truly funny....)

9. Willy_the_Wonka

Albums:
    :chairfall::laugh2:

10. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Jesus tapdancing Christ, that hurt my brain. At least the douchebag was intelligible.

11. petergroot

Gold Member

Albums:
    hehe. what a loooser!!!!

12. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

He sounds like a douchebag but... worst person in the world? That kind of hyperbole is bound to just go to his head, why give him the satisfaction?

Also, he can bench 1200 lbs?? shit.

13. No_Strings

Gold Member

vichairyass? Anybody? :tongue:

14. Principessa

Gold Member

Not only that, I bet he can lift half that with his dick too. :tongue::biggrin1:

15. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

hahahahaaaa... I missed it on the first-read through above, but caught it when I went to gawker.com. He referred to himself as "an 8.9 on HotorNot". hahahaha. wow.

16. Willy_the_Wonka

Albums:

And his tears could cure cancer, too, if he would only cry. :eek:

17. frizzle

Gold Member

Whoever made a "poster" of my friend's facebook stauts which was "Going for a a drive, be back soon", is a sick puppy. She was killed in her car soon after in an accident and this little meme popped up everywhere.

18. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Nah... that was more comprehensible than anything the herryass every wrote, and there was no mention of sausage, meat, or pork chops.

19. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    *Chuckles*

This was a nice start to my day. Thanks guys, now I'm feeling all nostalgic.

20. classyron

Gold Member

Albums:
    The guy is a douchebag, probably one of the biggest, but a media outlet or website has WAY too much power to fuck someone's life. He insulted the woman, brutally, but did not deserve to be outed like that. Jeez, I have used those singles sites before and you expect a certain level of rage or ignorance from douchebags (male and female), but you shouldn't out someone like that.

I mean, think about it, the guy claims to be such a huge success, yet he is balding and using Match.com to find a woman. Someone with all those qualities should be swimming in "low self-esteem" whores, unless he is the biggest loser on the planet, which he appears to be.

Karma was already starting to kick his ass, let it take its course.

Draft saved Draft deleted