Attention Carolina Members

Discussion in 'Large Penis Personal Ads' started by steve319, May 1, 2005.

1. steve319

Gold Member

A couple of us NC/SC members have talked about getting together for a summer concert for fun. It might be a nice chance to make new friends and put a face with the username here at LPSG.

So, what do you guys think? Anyone near enough to Charlotte to consider catching a show at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater (outdoor venue)? Lawn seating, blankets, nachos, and good friends--sounds pretty good, huh?

To see some of the shows that have been announced, just check here.

Anyone interested? summertime? Dr.Bubbles? CarolinaCurious? prepstudinSC? ncsudude? hungcuriousnc? Crius1? BigBuddha? Anyone I've forgotten?

2. summertime01

summertime01 New Member

Albums:
    I'm there!
    So is it Santana or Earth, Wind, & Fire or is Motely Crue in the area or whatever, I
    wanna go!

3. ncsudude009

ncsudude009 Member

Albums:
    It's possible, but realistically, I doubt I could swing it. Charlotte's not exactly close to me (I'm in the RDU area), I work, I'm finishing up my PhD, I already have an active social life...

4. mindseye

Gold Member

I lived in NC for most of my life; I'm just barely across the border now. Let me know what y'all decide.

Preferably after finals. (aaaauuuuugh!)

5. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Hmmm, I wouldn't mind taking a flight down that way so long as I had the cash to do it and some friendly housing. You got room in your bed for me, Dr. B.?

6. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

Verizon is only about 45 mins. from me, so I'm up for it. I tell people I'm from Charlotte, but I'm really from Rock Hill, SC, but no one ever knows where that is. lol

7. hungcuriousnc

hungcuriousnc Active Member

Albums:
    I may be able to work something into my work schedule. It's kinda screwed up right now, working awful hours. But, I think it would be fun. I'd rather it be just us though. Not like a concert or something.... just like, a picnic or cook out.

8. Imported

Gold Member

carolinacurious: Just wanted to say tha I haven't been ignoring this thread. I am interested but I guess it's not common knowledge that I'm housesitting about 10 miles north of Santa Cruz California right now and that I don't have a firm return date.

CC

9. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

I had been wondering when you were coming back to SC. You had mentioned you were going to be out in CA for a couple of months.

10. Irish

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I live in North Myrtle Beach (Cherry Grove area). Apparently a lot of people vacation here, and I like meeting new people and just hanging out and what not. Feel free to look me up if you're in the area. AIM, e-mail, whatever.

Edit: I'm bad at finishing thoughts sometimes.

11. steve319

Gold Member

OK, guys and gals, there are a LOT of concerts listed now, and some of them sound like fun. So, what do you think? Anything on this list grab you?

Let's hear your preferences and ideas! :D

12. mindseye

Gold Member

Not my first choice, but Stevie Nicks might be a good choice -- being a Saturday show, travel from remote parts of the state won't be such a burden. On Sunday, people out on the coast wouldn't get home until early Monday morning, and on Friday, they might have to leave work early to arrive on time.

If folks are looking for something a little less mainstream, or a smaller venue, Thieves Like Us are playing Tremont Music Hall in Charlotte on Friday, July 1 -- although I can anticipate that some of you may have made other plans for the holiday weekend.

13. hungcuriousnc

hungcuriousnc Active Member

Albums:
    Stevie Nicks is my choice, but I know that chic charges so much you'd have to sell your offspring to get in. Maybe you boys with the biggest tools can lead the line in and get us a discount?! LOL

In all honesty, I don't think I could attend anyway.

14. summertime01

summertime01 New Member

Albums:
    HI, Steve, I'm still interested in attending a concert with lawn tickets of around $15. Have had several costly things happening here in past month or so & cash flow is extremely limited at this time. I 'm interested in most of the ones listed.

15. steve319

Gold Member

Stevie Nicks would be fine for me too. Might be a good show, too. We saw her with Fleetwood Mac a couple of years back and I was amazed at how great her voice still is.

But I'm pretty much open to any of the shows. Summertime and I had talked about Santana, and that's a good show too. Coming up really soon, though.

Any other ones that grab you guys?

16. mindseye

Gold Member

As a pragmatic suggestion -- any show with reserved seating will be a logistical nightmare; it's unlikely that we'd all be able to reserve adjacent seats, and it'd be harder to accommodate any late-comers.

17. mindseye

Gold Member

Crap, I killed the thread, didn't I?

*sigh*

18. steve319

Gold Member

It's OK, man. To be honest, I think that busy schedules (and rampant fears about stalking and "fakers"?) spooked people off.

Or maybe it was Stevie Nicks....her whirling dervish routine could seriously injure someone.

Besides, I'm the one who kills topics evidently. I can't say how many times I'm wizzed by with an off-topic ramble and evaporated any interest in the thread.

Whoops. :(

Hey, I'm going to Raleigh to see AIMEE MANN this weekend, H! Are you jealous?

(Be kind and tell me you're jealous)

19. mindseye

Gold Member

Yeah, I'm jealous. Have a great time, and let me know how it goes.

20. smallman

smallman New Member

i just bought a house in myrtle.

Draft saved Draft deleted