Attitudes toward gays

Fredro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was just sitting here wondering. This is mainly directed at the straight folk here on this forum. Since joining and reading and joining in with the threads in such a frank manner, has your thoughts/feelings about gays improved? Has your acceptance of gays increased since you've gotten the chance to "get in our heads" a little? :01:

joeweekend

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
never had a problem with gays/lesbians in the first place. so, i guess the answer is no.

HOWEVER, my impression of jackasses and creeps has not improved much.

;-)

I totally applaud your good sense, CFG.

And your hot cock.

musclemonkey5

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Actually my opinion of SOME gays has dropped since I've been on here. I never had a problem till I endured their uncensored 'don't care who I hit' attacks on straight Christians.
That and this attitude of "oh, you don't support changing the laws for gay marriage? Then you must be the enemy and a gay-hater so I'm gonna ridicule and attack you" attitude.
Some of you like to preach your mantra of 'everybody get along', but many of you are as big of hypocrites as the religious hypocrites you claim are attacking you.
STOP PUTTING ME IN A CATEGORICAL BOX!

Fredro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ooooooh kayyyyyy - I start a good natured thread and the shit hits the fan. Sorry about that.

"HOWEVER, my impression of jackasses and creeps has not improved much."

That's really smooth. I'm not even sure if I've been called a jackass and a creep. If I was, what did I do to deserve it?

BTW - "attacks on straight Christians" ????? That's sure is the pot calling the kettle black. Gays have endured attacks from straight Christians for pretty much almost a millenium. It must scare the shit out of some that gays are finally standing up for themselves and not taking it anymore.

Last edited:

Actually my opinion of SOME gays has dropped since I've been on here. I never had a problem till I endured their uncensored 'don't care who I hit' attacks on straight Christians.
That and this attitude of "oh, you don't support changing the laws for gay marriage? Then you must be the enemy and a gay-hater so I'm gonna ridicule and attack you" attitude.
Some of you like to preach your mantra of 'everybody get along', but many of you are as big of hypocrites as the religious hypocrites you claim are attacking you.

Wow.

I respect your opinion. I don't think it's informed or fair, but I do respect it and your right to vote and express it.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I think musclemonkey's comment speaks volumes. Not just about gay people but about how christians think and impose their world view on the rest of the world. As far as respecting christians, I'm done with their shit. I think their oppressive and superstitious views should be outlawed. They've done enough harm to sane and conscious people. :zx11pissed:

D

deleted356736

My attitude or feelings towards gays has not changed except for one or two who have shown an interest in relationships and sex with women, and how it is and how it differs.

I come from a largely non-religious country, and because of this we are naturally more tolerant to gays. But I have also studied psychology, and I know that homosexuality is not that common. The most recent research has exclusive male and female homosexuals at about 3% of the population, while bisexual and potentially bisexual men are another 6% (practicing bisexual men are about 4%). Bisexual and potentially bisexual women are around the 40% mark. Kinsey's research from the 1940's was off beam, because he categorised a homosexual man as one who'd had a homosexual encounter. And then he interviewed a whole bunch of prisoners. It's also surmised that homosexuality was a little more prevalent in the 1940s because heterosexual sex was very difficult to obtain prior to marriage.

So, in the scheme of things, practicing gays make up about 7% of the Australian male population, which is 1% less than practicing Christians. Knowing this, homosexuality is not something that I often ponder.

Last edited by a moderator:

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was just sitting here wondering. This is mainly directed at the straight folk here on this forum. Since joining and reading and joining in with the threads in such a frank manner, has your thoughts/feelings about gays improved? Has your acceptance of gays increased since you've gotten the chance to "get in our heads" a little? :01:
Attitudes towards gays? When you talk about gays, keep in mind that not all gay guys are girly men or sluts.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
not really changed my view.

except that now i'm aware of a tiny minority who seem to really resent women. like we're disgusting and unclean.
tiny, tiny minority that i never knew existed before coming here.

but still, gay/bi/straight.
you get arseholes and cool people.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think musclemonkey's comment speaks volumes. Not just about gay people but about how christians think and impose their world view on the rest of the world. As far as respecting christians, I'm done with their shit. I think their oppressive and superstitious views should be outlawed. They've done enough harm to sane and conscious people. :zx11pissed:
and all black men deal drugs?
and all gay men are camp?
and all women are weak?
and all arabs are terrorists?

how silly. there are millions of christians who welcome every sexuality and believe that god loves all. to condemn all on the actions of a few makes you a bigot too.
i think christianity is bullshit too, but i know some really good people who just happen to be christian.

you're american, yes? those religious right loonies aren't the blueprint.
in fact, christians in the uk are shocked by them. here they're seen as nutters.
they're just bigots using faith to justify bigotry.
they'd still be bigots in any other faith.
or lack of faith.
there are plenty of war mongering, homophobic, racist athiests.

Last edited:

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
My attitude changed a bit. I respected gay people before, just because I was teased with it in high school too, so lots of respect too them.
But I always feel uncomfterable when a gay person approach me.
From this site I learn to put that aside.
Still feel uncomfterable, but that is because if I met gay people they are more in a flirt status. I don't have gay friends (yet). So no gay person who wouldn't flirt with me. But I do respect them and won't say a bad word about people being gay, only about the person if necessary, but not the sexuality.

musclemonkey5

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
BTW - "attacks on straight Christians" ????? That's sure is the pot calling the kettle black. Gays have endured attacks from straight Christians for pretty much almost a millenium. It must scare the shit out of some that gays are finally standing up for themselves and not taking it anymore.[/QUOTE]
You completely missed the point dude. Can you really justify attacking somebody affiliated with the church just because other people affiliated with the church have attacked you and yours? You are exactly the type of person I'm talking about. I never did anything to you, but you insist on exacting your revenge on me

musclemonkey5

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes, it must be so annoying that gays and lesbians are fanatical about their human and civil rights.

I never said I paraded against gay marriage or have done anything to try and influence politics, just that I do not agree with your view point. Am I not allowed to have my personal opinion?

musclemonkey5

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

...That's like saying all Muslims are suicide bombers and we should kill them all...

musclemonkey5

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Bigotry is everywhere folks, especially where there is power. If you got rid of gays or Christianity then a new venue for bigotry would arise. Some people can't understand the world and only lash out against the things done to them by targeting the masses of people who belong to the affiliated group who did the wrong.
and by that I mean individuals of a certain stereotypical category. Gays, Christians, Muslims, etc.

Fredro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
"Am I not allowed to have my personal opinion?"

Musclemonkey - You were the one who decided to get up on a soap box, 3 responses in to my original post. You were the one who decided to "go there" about SOME gays and "straight Christians" not getting along. You were the who said your opinion had dropped against SOME gays because SOME gays could get militant towards Christians. You were the one who thought that SOME gays went over the line when they expressed negative attitudes toward "straight Christians". Instead of giving a general answer to my question, you went all defensive and took it as an opportunity to express and describe the dislike you have for SOME.

Your response was akin to saying something like - "My opinions of SOME blacks has dropped because of the actions or attitudes of civil rights workers". You cannot use the "race card" against SOME blacks and then throw in some little disclaimer word like "SOME" and then be totally surprised when the main population of blacks decides to call you on the carpet about it. Well bud, it's the same exact same thing with gays. These more outspoken gays are the ones who are getting us to where we deserve to be (EQUAL). They are the ones who are busting their asses to tear down barriers of bigotry and hatred. That's exactly the same identical way that the more militant civil rights workers were perceived back in the 50's and 60's. I'm damned sure going to defend these gays. Do I need to appologize because they stand up to hated that's hidden behind what SOME "straight Christians" label as "the word of God"? Please don't sit and wait for that apology. It's never going to happen.

Whether or not SOME gays piss you off, if you say that they do, you better be ready to absorb the flack from a larger portion of the gay population about it. Gays are finally swinging into a position to be able to start standing up for themselves. Attitudes from SOME "straight Christians" against gays is the MAIN reason for the attitudes FROM gays towards "straight Christians". See, I know better than to lump all "straight Christians" together but some gays don't know not to or they don't realize they do that.

When the "straight Christian" population finally gets the message that they can't say "hey, we hate you but don't hate us for hating you" or "We hate you but don't take it personally", the world will be a better place. Perhaps then gays will be more accepting of those who profess to be Christians.

and BTW - I am a Gay Christian. I wonder if SOME would feel that I was less of a Christian than straight Christians because I'm gay?

Last edited:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i'm not straight or a christian, but i'm finding this 'the ''straight christian'' population need to' thing mildly offensive here.

like they're a hemoginous blob, contaminated throughout.

adding a few words like...'certain members of the ''straight christian'' population need to', would remove all offence.