Attorney General William P. Barr

D

deleted15807

"He’s the president’s moral launderer. Trump does evil, and Barr washes him clean."

The profound damage President Trump has inflicted on our liberties can be measured by widespread complacency in the face of his administration’s escalating attacks on the rule of law, our public servants and the truth itself.

As Attorney General William P. Barr was reducing the Justice Department to a legal defense and public relations firm, Trump himself (who pretends to be law enforcement’s greatest friend) was attacking the FBI in terms that authoritarians use to prepare the way for persecuting their political enemies.

Our country is accepting the unacceptable

Donald Trump famously said that he could shoot somebody in the middle of Fifth Avenue and not “lose any voters.” I don’t know about that. But I’m confident that he wouldn’t lose Bill Barr.

Execution privilege, Barr would probably call it. He’d release a statement or hold a news conference to say that Trump had a spastic trigger finger or was triggered by Adam Schiff or was set up by those dastardly Ukrainians, who are never up to any good. Such is the magnitude of Barr’s servility, the doggedness of his deference. He’s the president’s moral launderer. Trump does evil, and Barr washes him clean.

As attorney general, he’s supposed to be the nation’s lawyer. But he has bought into the autocratic delusion that Trump equals America, that national interest and presidential prerogative are inextricably intertwined. So he’s Trump’s advocate, come hell or high crimes, as surely as Pat Cipollone or Rudy Giuliani is.

The Perverse Servility of Bill Barr
How does Trump’s attorney general keep a straight face?

Should Trump win next November we might as well just burn the Constitution. It's done. This is how democracy dies.

"He’s the president’s moral launderer. Trump does evil, and Barr washes him clean."

The profound damage President Trump has inflicted on our liberties can be measured by widespread complacency in the face of his administration’s escalating attacks on the rule of law, our public servants and the truth itself.

As Attorney General William P. Barr was reducing the Justice Department to a legal defense and public relations firm, Trump himself (who pretends to be law enforcement’s greatest friend) was attacking the FBI in terms that authoritarians use to prepare the way for persecuting their political enemies.

Our country is accepting the unacceptable

Donald Trump famously said that he could shoot somebody in the middle of Fifth Avenue and not “lose any voters.” I don’t know about that. But I’m confident that he wouldn’t lose Bill Barr.

Execution privilege, Barr would probably call it. He’d release a statement or hold a news conference to say that Trump had a spastic trigger finger or was triggered by Adam Schiff or was set up by those dastardly Ukrainians, who are never up to any good. Such is the magnitude of Barr’s servility, the doggedness of his deference. He’s the president’s moral launderer. Trump does evil, and Barr washes him clean.

As attorney general, he’s supposed to be the nation’s lawyer. But he has bought into the autocratic delusion that Trump equals America, that national interest and presidential prerogative are inextricably intertwined. So he’s Trump’s advocate, come hell or high crimes, as surely as Pat Cipollone or Rudy Giuliani is.

The Perverse Servility of Bill Barr
How does Trump’s attorney general keep a straight face?

Should Trump win next November we might as well just burn the Constitution. It's done. This is how democracy dies.

Perhaps it will be reborn.

D

deleted15807

I'd love to see Barr join John Mitchell as the only Attorneys General imprisoned for facilitating presidential crimes.

As a former U.S. attorney general, I am reluctant to publicly criticize my successors. I respect the office and understand just how tough the job can be.

But recently, Attorney General William P. Barr has made a series of public statements and taken actions that are so plainly ideological, so nakedly partisan and so deeply inappropriate for America’s chief law enforcement official that they demand a response from someone who held the same office.

Last month, at a Federalist Society event, the attorney general delivered an ode to essentially unbridled executive power, dismissing the authority of the legislative and judicial branches — and the checks and balances at the heart of America’s constitutional order. As others have pointed out, Barr’s argument rests on a flawed view of U.S. history. To me, his attempts to vilify the president’s critics sounded more like the tactics of an unscrupulous criminal defense lawyer than a U.S. attorney general.

When, in the same speech, Barr accused “the other side” of “the systematic shredding of norms and the undermining of the rule of law,” he exposed himself as a partisan actor, not an impartial law enforcement official. Even more troubling — and telling — was a later (and little-noticed) section of his remarks, in which Barr made the outlandish suggestion that Congress cannot entrust anyone but the president himself to execute the law.​

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
HR 757 to Disbar Barr

barrriggit.jpg

H. RES. 757

Calling for the resignation and disbarment of United States Attorney General William P. Barr, and for other purposes.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

December 10, 2019

Mr. Rush submitted the following resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

RESOLUTION

Calling for the resignation and disbarment of United States Attorney General William P. Barr, and for other purposes.

Whereas, on March 24, 2019, United States Attorney General William P. Barr deliberately mischaracterized the “Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election” issued by Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller, III;

Whereas, on March 25, 2019, at Attorney General Barr’s direction, the Department of Justice ceased defending the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Public Law 111–148), a duly enacted law under the United States Constitution;

Whereas, on April 24, 2019, Attorney General Barr directed then-Acting Assistant Attorney General John Gore of the Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division to defy a subpoena from the House Oversight and Reform Committee pertaining to its investigation of the 2020 census;

Whereas, on July 8, 2019, Attorney General Barr deliberately mischaracterized the legal reasoning behind the Trump administration’s desire to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census and abruptly removed career Department of Justice attorneys in an unprecedented attempt to undermine a ruling by the Supreme Court of the United States;

Whereas, on July 16, 2019, Attorney General Barr ignored the recommendation of the Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division by declining to bring charges against the New York Police Department officer in the death of Eric Garner;

Whereas, on July 17, 2019, the United States House of Representatives voted to hold Attorney General Barr in criminal contempt of Congress for his refusal to comply with a duly-issued subpoena and deliberate obstruction of congressional oversight authority;

Whereas, on December 4, 2019, Attorney General Barr threatened the withholding of police protection from communities that do not show “support and respect” to law enforcement, a statement that has been interpreted as being directed at communities of color that protest police violence;

Whereas Attorney General Barr has perpetuated and promulgated conspiracy theories that have been repeatedly debunked by United States law enforcement and intelligence agencies, including before a Senate Appropriations Committee hearing, where he referred to legitimate and legal law enforcement surveillance as “spying”, and while traveling abroad to meet with foreign intelligence officials where he has continued to spread this disinformation;

Whereas Attorney General Barr has used taxpayer funds for international travel to seek foreign assistance in investigating a domestic political rival of the President of the United States;

Whereas Attorney General Barr has sought to undermine the Department of Justice inspector general’s report “Review of Four FISA Applications and Other Aspects of the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane Investigation”, regarding the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s investigation of the Trump campaign; and

Whereas Attorney General Barr has refused to recuse himself from any Ukraine-related matters in which he is allegedly involved: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved,
That the House of Representatives—

(1) condemns United States Attorney General William P. Barr for his despicable comments and actions;

(2) calls on United States Attorney General William P. Barr to resign;

(3) calls on the Virginia State Bar to remove United States Attorney General William P. Barr from its rolls;

(4) calls on the New York State Bar Association to remove United States Attorney General William P. Barr from its rolls;

(5) calls on the District of Columbia Bar to remove United States Attorney General William P. Barr from its rolls;

(6) reaffirms support for the diversity of the United States; and

(7) reaffirms, in the strongest terms, its support for and commitment to the 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution.

BillDodson

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
It's ironic that his followers think he's sticking it to the establishment when he serves some of the most powerful globalists.

I don't mean Russians either.

Even more entertaining, you actually think the Democratic leadership gives a shit about you. They are all on the same team bud

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Ex-FBI Official Frank Figliuzzi: Barr Is 'Lying to American People' | Newsmax.com

"Frank Figliuzzi, former assistant director of counterintelligence for the FBI, accused Attorney General William Barr of lying about Ukraine.

... Figliuzzi maintained Barr is not being truthful.

“What worries me most is that the attorney general is lying to the American people about this,” he said. “Don’t forget, he is the overseer of the FBI. He has all the clearances necessary. He knows the FBI and the U.S. intelligence community have absolutely debunked the theory that Ukraine meddled in our election. So for him to sit there and say: ‘I haven’t looked into it yet. I don’t know about that…’

“I think the legal term is horse manure.”"

gr8gatsby

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not a fan of Jim Jordan at all after the Ohio State stuff. Whats your point? Stop with the Whataboutism
You went off topic with the pedophile nonsense, I just followed your lead and added to the dialog. Jim Jordan condones sexual abuse apparently.

Reactions: Freddie53

BillDodson

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
You went off topic with the pedophile nonsense, I just followed your lead and added to the dialog. Jim Jordan condones sexual abuse apparently.

I've never seen someone so eager to discuss pedophiles. Here + the Adam Schiff topic..makes me uncomfortable but nice to see your true colors coming out.

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
I feel the need to say that trump has done more damage to the fbi, cia, doj, etc that any other president in modern history. He's made our intelligence agencies seem like bumbling idiots with a hard on for trump. The amount of trust lost in them will take a long time to earn back.

BillDodson

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I feel the need to say that trump has done more damage to the fbi, cia, doj, etc that any other president in modern history. He's made our intelligence agencies seem like bumbling idiots with a hard on for trump. The amount of trust lost in them will take a long time to earn back.

It was already lost, Trump just showed us who they were.

Comey today, “He’s right. I was wrong. I was overconfident as director in our procedures of the FBI and Justice have built over 20 years years. I thought they were robust enough. It’s incredibly hard to get a FISA. I was overconfident in those because he’s right, there was real sloppiness — 17 things that should have been in the application or at least discussed and characterized differently. It was not acceptable, so he’s right. I was wrong.”

He added, “Sure, I’m responsible, I was overconfident as director in our procedures, and it’s important that a leader be accountable and transparent.

Reactions: spaj8987

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It was already lost, Trump just showed us who they were.

Comey today, “He’s right. I was wrong. I was overconfident as director in our procedures of the FBI and Justice have built over 20 years years. I thought they were robust enough. It’s incredibly hard to get a FISA. I was overconfident in those because he’s right, there was real sloppiness — 17 things that should have been in the application or at least discussed and characterized differently. It was not acceptable, so he’s right. I was wrong.”

He added, “Sure, I’m responsible, I was overconfident as director in our procedures, and it’s important that a leader be accountable and transparent.

"He's right. I was wrong." The words Donald Trump will never say.

D

deleted15807

If he was smart he would have known. You don't mess with the intelligence agencies. They can do a lot of damage and keep their hands clean while doing it. One lowly CIA officer has now put the dotards entire presidency at risk.