Attracted to New Lawn Guy

mj21045

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OK...normally I know how to deal with this sort of stuff. But today was a weird situation.

I hired a new lawn guy and he came by today with his crew to do the first cut. I came home from work early so that I could meet with him and talk to him about some gardening work that needs to be done. He let his crew go and we walked my property and talked. He's very VERY attractive. I've known him for a couple of months (we get coffee at the same bagel shop every day). Anyway, while we were in the back yard, talking about the gardens in the back, we were laughing at something and he put his arm around me and squeezed my shoulder. I glanced at him and he said "sorry" and took his arm off. I said "no problem, it's cool" and he smiled. At one point when we were walking, I noticed him adjust his package and he noticed I noticed...and grinned. When we got back to the front yard, he stood in front of me with his back to the street. I couldn't help but keep looking him up and down and I know he knew it. When he shook my hand before he left, he also put his hand on my shoulder and said he was looking forward to seeing me on a regular basis.

Now...I'm not a dope and I have done my share of flirting to know when I'm getting flirted to. Also...he's got a very prominent wedding ring on.

I am definitely attracted to him and would jump him in a minute. I think he's attracted to me.

Do I or don't I?

unzipped

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
See how the next meeting goes first..... I've had guys misread honest male friendly signals for something else... but, If indeed you think he is willing, just ask him if he wants a BJ... or would like to go into the bedroom for a while...

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
huh.
that's a real head scratcher. lol.
are you sure you interpreted all of this
correctly?
perhaps he is looking forward to having lots
of work at your property?
maybe he is a very astute business man?
well - if you believe you were flirted with and
that he would accept your mutual attention, then
go for it and see what happens.

mj21045

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks UZ...I don't want to make the mistake of misreading friendly signals. I've seen this guy for the last couple of months and we've talked at least once a week. Chit chat and stuff...today was the first time we've ever been alone so to speak. He was sporting some sausage...and hey...I can get blinded sometimes!

See how the next meeting goes first..... I've had guys misread honest male friendly signals for something else... but, If indeed you think he is willing, just ask him if he wants a BJ... or would like to go into the bedroom for a while...

mj21045

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Goodwood - That's the thing...I think I'm interpreting things right. And I was in Real Estate and met lots of inspectors, plumbers, electricians, etc. who would flirt really well to improve business.

I'm going to play it safe - small town here. We'll see what happens.

huh.
that's a real head scratcher. lol.
are you sure you interpreted all of this
correctly?
perhaps he is looking forward to having lots
of work at your property?
maybe he is a very astute business man?
well - if you believe you were flirted with and
that he would accept your mutual attention, then
go for it and see what happens.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
mikey -
small town, play it safe is a wise thing to do.
if in fact is was a crossed signal, at least enjoy
the view. lol.
in my contracting days i regularly was hit on by the hot
40-50 year old women i was working for. also in a small town,
i was very careful, but when it became so blatant that they took my
shirt off and then pants, i figured it was okay. lol.

bigtoad

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Understand completely...and haven't had a 'happy ending', yet a couple of guys I still think of, and wonder: first move/reading signals/don't want to uh, screw up w/ a nice guy....it's a tough one, sometimes. Blessings and Luck, keep us posted, would ya'?

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It depends on what you are looking for. You said he was wearing a prominent wedding ring. So he may just be looking for some NSA fun on the side. But if you're looking for a serious relationship, you could end up disappointed.

I suggest you wait and see. It sounds like you have a fair bit of garden work you need done, so that will give you plenty of opportunities to see him again which will give you plenty of time to 'scope' him out and get to know him more. If he is only flirting for business, he will soon get tired of the act and it wear off but if his signals are genuine, he will always show them to you.

Is that your dog in your avatar? If so, see how he/she reacts to this guy. I know that sounds crazy but hear me out. A lot of people consider pets to be a good judge of character. They can usually tell if someone is up to something even if the humans are fooled. Apparently cats are quite good at this but then again, cats think badly of everyone! However I wouldn't suggest you take my pet theory as scientific evidence. Trust YOUR OWN instincts before anyone else's.

But even if the signals are genuine, the wedding ring sounds like an ominous sign so be careful.

Last edited:

mj21045

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That is my dog in the avatar and she is a great judge of character. She loved him! The moment I let her outside, she ran right to him and flipped on her back saying "rub my belly"! Yeah...like her daddy! She doesn't do that with everyone, but she really liked him.

It depends on what you are looking for. You said he was wearing a prominent wedding ring. So he may just be looking for some NSA fun on the side. But if you're looking for a serious relationship, you could end up disappointed.

I suggest you wait and see. It sounds like you have a fair bit of garden work you need done, so that will give you plenty of opportunities to see him again which will give you plenty of time to 'scope' him out and get to know him more. If he is only flirting for business, he will soon get tired of the act and it wear off but if his signals are genuine, he will always show them to you.

Is that your dog in your avatar? If so, see how he/she reacts to this guy. I know that sounds crazy but hear me out. A lot of people consider pets to be a good judge of character. They can usually tell if someone is up to something even if the humans are fooled. Apparently cats are quite good at this but then again, cats think badly of everyone! However I wouldn't suggest you take my pet theory as scientific evidence. Trust YOUR OWN instincts before anyone (or anything) else's.

But genuine signals or not, the wedding ring sounds like an ominous sign so be careful.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I agree with the ones who bring up the wedding ring. To me a wedding ring means "hands off"....even if HE wants "hands on". Too many people can end up hurt, not just his wife, but if he has children, etc. You never know..

D

deleted3782

I agree with the ones who bring up the wedding ring. To me a wedding ring means "hands off"....even if HE wants "hands on". Too many people can end up hurt, not just his wife, but if he has children, etc. You never know..

Agreed. I would feel like crap by causing a lot of hurt for the sake of an orgasm.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Attractive str8 guys have been known to flirt with gay guys to increase business. It happens more than you think and it works really well.

mj21045

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey guys...you guys are great! I really mean that. What a supportive community this is, gay, str8 and everyone in between!

Ran into him this morning at the bagel shop getting coffee. We chatted and I just went directly to the ring with "how long you been married?". He replied, "would have been 11 years this October but the divorce will be final by then". So I said "why you wearing the ring still?" He said "for the kids" (2 little boys and a girl). Then his cell rang and he said he had to run to meet his crew at a client's house, grabbed 4 cups of coffee (for his crew) and left, yelling over his shoulder "call me Monday and Tuesday so we can finalize the gardens"...

Now...the woman who owns the shop was jumping up and down behind the counter because she heard the whole thing and thinks we would be good together...and I gotta say I was kinda doing a happy dance. But, still not sure if he was being a "business flirt" or a "real flirt" but I'm glad I got info about the ring.

We'll see what happens Monday or Tuesday.