Attracting Straight Guys

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
I don't think your posts are that complex. I know you try to outstand with your posts, wether you fail or not is not up to me to decide. But when you make such a statement you actually come over as an arrogant douche. You do realize that, right?
Anyway, I'll stop right here because I just remembered some former discussions in which you were involved (I read more than I write actually) and I should have learned from it.

B_cosmognosis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh for crap's sake! Everybody's not divided up into "gay" or "straight", in fact MOST people aren't exclusively one thing or the other. Also, the majority of men who publicly identify as "straight" actually ARE open to at least some M/M sexual experimentation whether they're "attracted" to men or not. Many of them have engaged and/or do engage in M/M sexual activities - though most will adamantly deny it. The louder and more adamantly they deny it, generally the more likely they have something to hide. And the more outwardly threatened or repulsed a "straight" man is by the notion of a possible M/M encounter, the more likely he's covering up for his own homoerotic tendencies. Yes, that's been scientifically proven and verified. Now please go back into your little box where you can listen to the own echoes from your own official "heterosexual point of view". :rolleyes:

Seriously? So here's this thread, where the OP identifies the difference between straight and gay in the title of the thread, and yet you are here to inform me that not everybody is not divided up into gay and straight?

And I will most definitely be needing to see some proof of this supposed willingness of genuinely straight men to compromise who they are (sexual orientation being an indicator of identity from a psychological point of view) for a situational circumstance.

The whole 'they louder they protest the more likely that they're hiding something' thing is really foolish, too. There are indeed men who are closeted and so forth, but to say that the majority of heterosexual men are open to the idea of homosexual encounters sounds like a gay man's 'pipe dream' (pardon the pun)...Some men are 100% straight, end of story. We can't be duped, conned, seduced, cajoled or convinced to change who we are under any circumstances.

As offended as homosexuals are about the misguided attempts that some have made to 'reform' you or fix what they think is wrong with you, it would seem that you would have respect for accepting people for being the way they are and not be trying to change them or convince them that there's something wrong with them. Hypocrisy...

B_cosmognosis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, come on guys. Keep it simple. Women need a reason. Men need a place. It's no more complicated than that. Labels just don't work well.

You're disparaging the character of manhood here. I find your generalizations about male sexuality to be offensive and crude. Human men are just as complex and developed as women are, and for you to diminish the gender with this nonsense is foolish at best and sexist any way you look at it.

NoH8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If a man is STRAIGHT he will not be ATTRACTED to another man. This simple point is what seems to be what this thread is missing. It has now been stated by a straight man. I'm not trolling, just getting a basic idea across that needs to be clarified apparently, before someone else gets the notion that straight men are just 'gays-waiting-to-happen' given time and opportunity.

I'm not homophobic, either. It's just that there's nothing wrong with defending the heterosexual point of view. We were meant to co-exist, gay and straight. It seems sometimes that there's an agenda to assimilate those of us that are hetero as if there's something wrong with us. There are and will always be those of us who are 100% straight.

There's been one too many of these goddamn 'how to make a straight do something gay' threads. If it were a thread on how to trick a lesbian into sucking cock, the women here would be all over it...the silence is deafening.

/rant

Hi I have to agree with you, and if we can't explain to the OP the risks of treating his friend like this, then the thread has run it's course.

Max does have a point, but it's not the point of this topic and he's like a dog with a bone when he gets going. I'm sure he means no harm though.

Sometimes it's better to agree to disagree.

D

deleted3782

Rock was possibly a little bit more gay than Hussein the hustler, but Rock and I never had sex and Hussein wouldn't leave my ass alone! I have made friends with several guys like Rock but very few who had the guts to say what he did.

Wow, fascinating! Thanks for sharing with us! :smile:

Though I try not to flirt with straight men I think guys like Hussein are pretty common. They have very good "gaydar" and are not shy in pressing their demands.

I have wondered about this too. I have a friend who is very effeminate, and gets hit on all the time by guys who's orientation is unknown. I, on the other hand, never get hit on by guys, aside from here on LPSG but that's different. My friend wears his gayness on his sleeve, and I presume he is a safe approach for guys that don't have good gaydar. I'm told that I don't throw out specific gay signals...so am I a higher risk for guys to flirt with?

NoH8, do you think you put out any signals that make you a safer approach than any other guy? How did these guys find you?

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
The whole 'they louder they protest the more likely that they're hiding something' thing is really foolish, too.
If you consider scientific proof to be foolish.

There are indeed men who are closeted and so forth, but to say that the majority of heterosexual men are open to the idea of homosexual encounters sounds like a gay man's 'pipe dream' (pardon the pun)...
That's not exactly what I said, though I wouldn't expect you'd understand the distinction. Contrary to your stereotyped erroneous assumption, I haven't the slightest interest in having sex with straight men, though I have turned down more than a few "straight" men who put the moves on me. And I wouldn't have noticed you intended a pun if you hadn't pointed it out, it was that lousy.

Some men are 100% straight, end of story.
If you read my posts, you would see that I said the exact same thing, just not nearly as many as claim to be 100% straight.

As offended as homosexuals are about the misguided attempts that some have made to 'reform' you or fix what they think is wrong with you, it would seem that you would have respect for accepting people for being the way they are and not be trying to change them or convince them that there's something wrong with them. Hypocrisy...
First of all, why do you assume I'm gay? Does that fit neatly into your 100% straight vs. 100% gay binary paradigm? Secondly, the thread is not about "changing" straight men into gay men, or "convincing them there's something wrong with them". It's about having sex with men who self-identify as "straight", but who nevertheless are open to sexual encounters with other men. Like it or not, deny it or not, there are plenty of men who fit that profile.

I don't think your posts are that complex. I know you try to outstand with your posts, wether you fail or not is not up to me to decide.
I'm not sure what you mean by I try to "outstand", do you mean I try to "stand out"? I just say what I think, share what I know, and try to express it as clearly as I can. I'm not trying to impress anyone. Take it or leave it, I frankly don't care.

But when you make such a statement you actually come over as an arrogant douche. You do realize that, right?
Anyway, I'll stop right here because I just remembered some former discussions in which you were involved (I read more than I write actually) and I should have learned from it.
I remember well our prior encounters. I should have known better than to give you the benefit of the doubt and try to have a civil discussion with you. Nice way to end it by showing your true colors, scheisskopf.

NoH8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wow, fascinating! Thanks for sharing with us! :smile:

I have wondered about this too. I have a friend who is very effeminate, and gets hit on all the time by guys who's orientation is unknown. I, on the other hand, never get hit on by guys, aside from here on LPSG but that's different. My friend wears his gayness on his sleeve, and I presume he is a safe approach for guys that don't have good gaydar. I'm told that I don't throw out specific gay signals...so am I a higher risk for guys to flirt with?

NoH8, do you think you put out any signals that make you a safer approach than any other guy? How did these guys find you?
Hi, thanks. When I was younger I was very fit and more cute than hunky. I was an international disc jockey and met hundreds of people around the world and yet I was far from any gay community because I worked in straight resorts and clubs. Some single men found me perhaps an easy target for their gaydar. I even had a plain clothes police officer stroke his long dick in front of me in a toilet at an hotel where I worked, in an attempt at entrapment. I got out of there fast. Just as some gay bashers will pick up on my "scent" to harass me, I think there are other people who want to treat me like their bitch/whore. I don't want to speculate on their motivations but they are concerned for their secrecy and not for my dignity.

The really cruel ones are the ones who know they are stunningly good-looking and are safely married but like to tease me with stories about how horny they are or how they used to fuck around, or like one of my Egyptian managers, a beautiful but vain guy who looked like the young Omar Sharif. He was recently married and took me to his unfinished apartment where there was no electricity, to help him move the bed in. We stood there alone together in the dark side by side staring out the window looking down on an empty soccer field while he told me about the son he was going to have. There was so much tension in the air but I refused to make the first move. Then 9/11 happened and I had to leave the country so we never spoke again. Much earlier he had told me that he'd spent a couple of years in Europe when he was about 22 and he'd "had sex with a lot of people, and a lot of women", I wasn't sure how to account for this. Was it poor English, his English was usually perfect, or by people, did he mean men? He then said "I will never tell you what happened, so don't ask me."

I think some guys pick up on my sexuality but don't know what to do about it. After leaving Egypt I put on 20kg (44Lbs) and took myself out of the game. Fortunately I've now lost the weight but it may be too late to start dating again.

Last edited:

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media

I remember well our prior encounters. I should have known better than to give you the benefit of the doubt and try to have a civil discussion with you. Nice way to end it by showing your true colors, scheisskopf.

If you try to insult someone make sure that it's actually an insult what you write. I wasn't talking about our prior encounters but all the "friends" you make in lots of threads. :rolleyes:

tinydick4u

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
IMHO a certain percentage of people are born gay and then there are those that make the choice to be gay.I'm as straight as any man can get.No dick goes near my ass or face.I had a special friend for about a year.He was sissy boy that like to be my bitch boy.I loved getting off and he loved being used as a cum slut whore.This appealed to me because I liked getting my dick sucked dry,getting some ass,and getting off.I wasn't attracted to this sissy physically or sexually.I used him like a fleshlight.We did have some good non sexual times together.It took two months of hanging out and talking before I considered taking him on as my bitch boy.I had a few different girl friends during this time also.Do I consider myself gay?No.Bisexual?No.Bi-curious?Absolutely not.I've never had a relationship with a man other than friends and will never have a relationship with a man.The sissy boy cum slut I had was a once in a life time thing and it'll never happen again.I was thankful enough to toss in a reach around from time to time.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
IMHO a certain percentage of people are born gay and then there are those that make the choice to be gay.I'm as straight as any man can get.No dick goes near my ass or face.I had a special friend for about a year.He was sissy boy that like to be my bitch boy.I loved getting off and he loved being used as a cum slut whore.This appealed to me because I liked getting my dick sucked dry,getting some ass,and getting off.I wasn't attracted to this sissy physically or sexually.I used him like a fleshlight.We did have some good non sexual times together.It took two months of hanging out and talking before I considered taking him on as my bitch boy.I had a few different girl friends during this time also.Do I consider myself gay?No.Bisexual?No.Bi-curious?Absolutely not.I've never had a relationship with a man other than friends and will never have a relationship with a man.The sissy boy cum slut I had was a once in a life time thing and it'll never happen again.I was thankful enough to toss in a reach around from time to time.
I'm as straight as any man can get.
k . . . .

B_cosmognosis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you consider scientific proof to be foolish.

That's not exactly what I said, though I wouldn't expect you'd understand the distinction. Contrary to your stereotyped erroneous assumption, I haven't the slightest interest in having sex with straight men, though I have turned down more than a few "straight" men who put the moves on me. And I wouldn't have noticed you intended a pun if you hadn't pointed it out, it was that lousy.

If you read my posts, you would see that I said the exact same thing, just not nearly as many as claim to be 100% straight.

First of all, why do you assume I'm gay? Does that fit neatly into your 100% straight vs. 100% gay binary paradigm? Secondly, the thread is not about "changing" straight men into gay men, or "convincing them there's something wrong with them". It's about having sex with men who self-identify as "straight", but who nevertheless are open to sexual encounters with other men. Like it or not, deny it or not, there are plenty of men who fit that profile.

When in the holy blue fuck did this whole topic become entirely about YOU?!?!??!?!!?!?!?

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
When in the holy blue fuck did this whole topic become entirely about YOU?!?!??!?!!?!?!?
Why are you shouting?

The topic's not about me. What makes you think that? I thought it was about this:
It's about having sex with men who self-identify as "straight", but who nevertheless are open to sexual encounters with other men. Like it or not, deny it or not, there are plenty of men who fit that profile.
I guess I was wrong though. It's really about how everyone's either totally gay or totally straight, and how "real" straight men would never ever think about, much less do anything sexual with another man. Have I got that straight? Is that what the thread's about? That's what all your posts have been about anyway.

Please, tell us some more about "the character of manhood", and "defending the heterosexual point of view", macho man. It's truly enlightening.

Seriously, why are you so defensive? Why are you so freaking angry?

You seem to be taking this all very personally.

Last edited:

B_cosmognosis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why are you shouting?

The topic's not about me. What makes you think that? I thought it was about this:

I guess I was wrong though. It's really about how everyone's either totally gay or totally straight, and how "real" straight men would never ever think about, much less do anything sexual with another man. Have I got that straight? Is that what the thread's about? That's what all your posts have been about anyway.

Please, tell us some more about "the character of manhood", and "defending the heterosexual point of view", macho man. It's truly enlightening.

Seriously, why are you so defensive? Why are you so freaking angry?

You seem to be taking this all very personally.

My entire point is simply this: men who are truly straight do NOT have any interest in homosexual encounters, and the idea that they could somehow be made to be attracted to homosexual men is not logical. I have no interest in hearing about me who lie to themselves, or 'self-identify' as straight when they are willing to take a cock up the ass or down the throat...that's called denial. YOU seem to think that there's something wrong with being absolutely 100% sure about one's sexuality. Your 'most men' this and 'science proves' that have nothing to do with people who are actually straight.

I'm done, though. I've stepped in a hornet's nest here, and like someone above posted, I see that you are like a dog with a bone...pun intended that time.

GayFrog

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[QUOTE=maxcok;280656The v0]variations on this topic have been done to death on this site.Sexual orientation is a continuum with gradients along the way. No, I'm not going to link the Kinsey scale this time, but anybody not familiar with the concept really needs to look it up. Your sexual orientation is not defined by what you say your identity is. It is determined first of all by the sexual activities you engage in, but also your dreams and fantasies. Hardly anyone is truly 100% gay or 100% straight. Most people fall somewhere on the continuum.

It's really cool that this site has the option to define orientation on a percentage scale. Not to point to anyone in particular, but if you're on a sex site devoted to big dicks, enjoy showing off your dick, enjoy looking at dicks, a site where the vast majority are male and the vast majority of them have some significant gay self-identity - I have a hard time accepting you as 100% straight. Beyond that, any guy who engages in sexual activity with another guy who claims to be 100% or even 99% straight needs a serious reality check.
[/QUOTE]

Well you edited out the beginning of my post, so you're quoting me out of context. Here's what you edited out, the part that preceded what you quoted:

To my
understanding, the name 'Large Penis Support Group' was intended as a joke in the humble beginnings.

It's evolved into many different things to many different people, and people have many different interests and motivations for being here. Like you (I presume) the sexual aspect is nowhere near the top of my list. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I didn't say that; you're exaggerating. At any rate, there's a lot of room between keeping it in your pants on the one hand, showing off for an ego boost somewhere in the middle, and voluntarily showing off for the boys with the express purpose of getting yourself off to their comments. That last one is what I referred to in my post. But then, getting off to the comments posted by internet strangers regarding your pictures or videos is frankly a phenomenon I neither relate to nor understand. I don't even get jacking off on cam. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

These are questions you ought to be asking yourself, not me. As usual, your defensiveness on these matters is more revealing than the activity itself, and more than your protestations of hardcore heterosexuality warrant. Why would anyone voluntarily look at dick pics if they didn't enjoy it?
I frankly don't care what you do, why you do it, or whether or how you justify it to yourself.

Nope, that's not what I said. Go back and read what I said. Literally. Word for word.

Who are you trying to convince here? If you need to justify to yourself why you like looking at dicks, fine.

To repeat: I frankly don't care what you do, why you do it, or whether or how you justify it to yourself.

The fellas that really cause me to roll my eyes are the ones who actively seek out sex with men, and especially the ones who are obsessive cocksuckers and want to be pounded hard in the ass by the biggest cocks they can find, but still identify as 99-100% straight. :rolleyes: Some of them seem to talk about nothing but dick in their posts, and in actual sexual practice they seem to be much "gayer" than I am by far.

There is no "gay community" that decides these things, just as there is no comparable "straight community". We are all individuals with varying orientations, varying opinions, and different hangups. By "real" straight guys I assume you mean true blue 100 percenters vs. those that identify as such, but really aren't. That refers back to the point of my post. I don't doubt 100% straight people exist, just as I don't doubt 100% gay people exist. I do doubt the overwhelming number of men on this board who identify as 99%-100% straight actually are in reality and in practice, though many of them, certainly not all, may be predominantly straight. I understand why most men feel they need to identify as 100% straight IRL due to social stigma. I do not understand why they feel that need here when they are operating under an anonymous internet persona, and where that sort of social stigma is frowned upon and largely absent. Regardless, there are plenty of men who engage in M/M sexual activities and fantasies, who find all sorts of creative ways to deny their true identity, using elaborate excuses and justifications to identify themselves as solidly, ironclad, 100% heterosexual.

It's a form of internalized homophobia, and it's just not an honest, healthy way of being.

Oh for crap's sake! Everybody's not divided up into "gay" or "straight", in fact MOST people aren't exclusively one thing or the other. Also, the majority of men who publicly identify as "straight" actually ARE open to at least some M/M sexual experimentation whether they're "attracted" to men or not. Many of them have engaged and/or do engage in M/M sexual activities - though most will adamantly deny it. The louder and more adamantly they deny it, generally the more likely they have something to hide. And the more outwardly threatened or repulsed a "straight" man is by the notion of a possible M/M encounter, the more likely he's covering up for his own homoerotic tendencies. Yes, that's been scientifically proven and verified. Now please go back into your little box where you can listen to the own echoes from your own official "heterosexual point of view". :rolleyes:
All of your so-called scientific information seems to come from the junk science, based on the debunked and discredited Kinsey Reports of 1948, you should do some research before making such absurd statements. All of your posts here in this thread ring of homophobia, and show a complete lack of knowledge when it comes to sexual orientation, sexual identity or sexual behaviour and are typical of stereotyping.
Heterosexual men and women can and do indulge in homosexual activity but it does not make them homosexual or bisexual by any degree or percentage. No matter how much you roll your eyes the behaviour has nothing to do with sexual orientation or sexual identity.
Actually straight men that indulge in homosexual acts are not in the majority as you said. It is more like 1 in 10 which is about 3-million American males, and ten percent of them are married.
When you quote scientific research put it into proper context don’t use bits and pieces to justify your own delusions and opinions. Traditional sexual orientation is divided into three categories, homosexual, bisexual and heterosexual. The Kinsey Seven Point Scale you keep quoting from refers to sexual behaviour and interests, not sexual orientation. The now bogus and debunked scale was developed to rate where an individual fell along a continuum, between exclusively heterosexual and exclusively homosexual males through attempts to describe a person's sexual history or episodes of their sexual activity at a given time.
It does not prove nor was it ever used to prove if you are gay, bi, straight or somewhere in between. Sex research has moved onto to the relationship between biology and sexual orientation.
Sexual identity is how an individual perceives themselves it may or may not relate to their sexual orientation. An individuals sexual orientation is not determined by choice, an individual does however have a choice over their sexual behaviour and sexual identity. An individual might behave like a duck but it doesn’t make him a duck.
What gives you the right to question how others identify themselves sexually or otherwise? You need to reflect on your own sexual identity crises and come to terms with who you are and abstain from judging others.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
My entire point is simply this: men who are truly straight do NOT have any interest in homosexual encounters, . . .
I agree completely. I haven't said anything to the contrary.

. . . and the idea that they could somehow be made to be attracted to homosexual men is not logical.
Again I agree, and again I've said nothing to the contrary. However, the fact remains there are many men who self-identify as completely straight, who nevertheless do willingly have sexual experiences with other men -- whether they are "attracted" to those men or not, whether those men are "homosexual" or not. Sometimes it's just two "str8" buds experimenting, getting their rocks off together, and that's all it is. It doesn't mean they're "gay", but it does happen. A lot.

I have no interest in hearing about me who lie to themselves, or 'self-identify' as straight when they are willing to take a cock up the ass or down the throat...that's called denial.
I couldn't agree more. In fact, I made that exact point. And whether you want to hear about it or not, it's not that uncommon. This site is crawling with them. (I assume you meant to say "men who lie to themselves" and not "me".)

YOU seem to think that there's something wrong with being absolutely 100% sure about one's sexuality.
Not at all. In fact I think that's healthy and I encourage it. I think it's unhealthy to be in denial.

Your 'most men' this and 'science proves' that have nothing to do with people who are actually straight.
If by "actually straight" you refer to people who've never had a same sex experience, never desire it or fantasize about it, people who, to use the LPSG scale, are truly 100% straight, then yes, I agree with you. Again.

I'm done, though. I've stepped in a hornet's nest here, and like someone above posted, I see that you are like a dog with a bone...pun intended that time.
And you're not? No one coerced you to enter the thread to "defend the heterosexual point of view" over and over and over. No one's forced you to respond to my posts either. I've only responded to you in kind, and I'm just as entitled to my point of view as you are. And if your aim was to belittle me with the homophobic intent of your cliche phallic 'puns', you failed.

Here's a little "science" to mull over concerning homophobic fellas who self-identify as completely straight:

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
All of your so-called scientific information seems to come from the junk science, based on the debunked and discredited Kinsey Reports of 1948, . . .
Some say Kinsey's been discredited, some say he's largely stood the test of time. You do realize other researchers replicated his studies and came to similar, in some cases near identical conclusions? It probably depends on one's perspective, one's diligence in understanding the field, and perhaps one's personal bias. At any rate, anyone currently in the field stands on his shoulders. In fact, without him, there wouldn't be much of a field. But you probably saw the movie version . . . .

. . . you should do some research before making such absurd statements.
Thank you for the suggestion. I have done significant study in this area over several decades. I actually read Kinsey for the first time, and also Masters and Johnson, before I reached junior high school, and I've been keeping up ever since. Whether or not my conclusions are "absurd", is again a matter of perspective and personal bias. I think they're quite sound, and I can find many, both in and out of the field, that agree with me.

All of your posts here in this thread ring of homophobia, and show a complete lack of knowledge when it comes to sexual orientation, sexual identity or sexual behaviour and are typical of stereotyping.
Really? All of my posts "ring of homophobia"? Where? Surely in that massive wall of text you quoted you can show me some examples of my "homopobia".

This is the first time in my life I've ever been accused of homophobia, and I have to say, I'm astonished. I've been sexually involved with men (and women) and completely open about it since I was 19. Having a rather adventurous nature and strong libido, I've also done a great deal of personal "field study", you might say, into a wide range of "sexual behavior". ;-) I also spent a few decades as an LGBT political activist and as an AIDS activist. I've encountered more variations of sexual identity, gender identity, sexual orientation, and sexual behavior than you can imagine, and for me it's all completely normal and old hat. I have a great many friends, acquaintances, associates, family members -- thousands of people of every creed, color, and sexual persausion -- who'd be very surprised indeed to learn that I've been accused of "stereotyping", much less "homophobia".

Talk about your "absurd statements". :rolleyes: Incredible.

When you quote scientific research put it into proper context don’t use bits and pieces to justify your own delusions and opinions.
No comment. I just wanted to preserve that hyperbolic "delusions" line in my response. fwiw.

I've deleted a portion of your text because I'm not going to get into a game of dueling studies and dueling terminology. Nor will I bother deconstructing your post line by line. I'll just make some general points instead:

It is inherently difficult, nigh impossible, to collect accurate data on people's sexual behavior, thoughts and fantasies, especially in an ostensibly puritanical culture such as ours, especially regarding "taboo" sexual practices, especially as regards homosexual practices, most especially in the arena of M/M sexual behavior.
As you can hopefully surmise, this has a great deal to do with the social stigma attached particularly to male homosexuality in our culture.

Most of the "studies" of the prevalence and incidence of homosexual behavior collect the data from subjects self reporting to interviewers. Some are conducted with promised anonymity, some are not. Regardless, it should come as no great surprise that the problem of subjects grossly underreporting "taboo" practices, or practices they may not even like admitting to themselves, is not only endemic to the process, it is rampant. Your average American is not so forthcoming with his or her sexual secrets as some of the members of LPSG. Even here, with absolute anonymity, many are less than honest.

Further skewing the data is the fact that many of the "studies" over the past several decades have been conducted by individuals and organizations with a conservative and sometimes religiously inspired agenda. That agenda has been to diminish the number of people who are predominantly to exclusively homosexual, as well as to diminish the number of people who have same-sex experiences. The aim being to diminish the importance of recognizing equal rights and equal protection for people engaged in same-sex relationships by marginalizing them as a tiny fringe minority. In addition to that, there's just a lot of bad science and pseudo science.

There is no single cut and dried definition of sexual orientation or sexual identity, no governing body that dictates exactly how they are defined. Contrary to statements you made in your post however, the APA, which is generally considered to be of some significant authority on the matter, does still refer to a "sliding scale" a la Kinsey, among other generalized means of defining sexual orientation. They don't offer up a concise definition, but rather offer various "and/or" ways to look at and describe sexual orientation, and variations in terminology used to describe it. Their "definition", if you can call it that, is both liberal and vague.

The fact of the matter is, this is a relatively young, rapidly evolving, fluid field of study; researchers, other professionals, and educated laypeople have a range of views; and mine are every bit as valid as yours. In fact, my views are fairly mainstream, rooted in good science and informed by considerable personal experience and extensive observation. The book is still being written on this subject. Sexual orientation is not all simplistically straight, gay, and bi; or black, white, and gray.

What gives you the right to question how others identify themselves sexually or otherwise? You need to reflect on your own sexual identity crises and come to terms with who you are and abstain from judging others.
I haven't judged anyone, and I've referenced no one in particular. I've made observations on the denial and disconnect that certain men exhibit between their outward identity and their secret behaviors and fantasies. It's been a natural outgrowth of the topic carried along by other posters' comments as well. Observing behavior patterns, even calling them unhealthy, does not equal judging. If you can't distinguish the difference, I don't think I can make it any clearer

Thank you for your concern, but I'm experiencing no sexual identity crises. I had a bit of a sexual identity crisis when I was very young and "outed" against my will, but it only lasted a few days before I was able to resolve it and move forward with the support of family and friends. I've lived comfortably and entirely in the open ever since. I wrote about that experience somewhere on this board if you're interested and want to look for it. So again, I thank you for your concern for my well-being, but I'm doing just fine in that regard.

To conclude, I find it quite ironic you accuse me of "judging" when you have been so quick to judge me. I am also suspicious of people who tell others what they "need", especially when they don't know them at all.

Last edited:

To conclude, I find it quite ironic you accuse me of "judging" when you have been so free to judge me. I am also suspicious of people who tell others what they "need", especially when they don't know them at all.

I have read many of your posts, I neither always agree, nor disagree. Sometimes you are spot on, sometimes you are in left field. But the same could be said of me or anyone else.

The one thing I can say with pretty good clarity is that you are neither judgmental nor homophobic.

Maybe the occasional stick in the mud or bite in the ass, but never any badness in it and certainly not judgmental nor homophobic.