attracting the chicks/guys

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by blackcameron, Dec 4, 2006.

1. blackcameron

blackcameron New Member

Albums:
    So I'm running into a problem...I'm typically a home goer - not a reclusive but not exactly one that goes out partying, drinking etc. I prefer the more refined aspects of life...so getting boozed out of my mind doesn't make me happy. Then again all the "good" opportunities are at those places...I'm finding that I'm missing out on something.

This isn't a question on well...how do I change that...it's obvious I'll need to bring myself to terms and learn to enjoy those things in my own way. The main question is how do I attract girls (and guys) to me. Can I use my "package" as incentive and if so...how? haha.

Corny questions, but it's really been bothering me lately.

2. freeballing

freeballing Active Member

Albums:
    I don't drink, smoke, or drugs, and don't like the "scene," so I'm kind of a home body too... But I meet guys everywhere. The gym, walking down the street, stuck in traffic. Granted, LA is probably not like any city on Earth. We are alot more aggressive, progressive and open about shit. But I'm not shy at all and don't have any fear of rejection. My philosophy is this: you can't predict chemistry. Either you have it or you don't. So Put it out there and if it's mutual, act on it. If it isn't, move on...

If your upper half is as nice as your bottom half, you shouldn't have any trouble meeting guys or girls. Although, freeballing in a pair of mesh basketball shorts couldn't hurt :)

3. D_Coyne Toss

D_Coyne Toss New Member

I used to be like you, and then i stumbled into love. I met this girl during a class at the university and she turned my life topsy turvy.

Just be yourself, and keep your eyes and your heart opened: love is just around the corner. If it finds you ready and willing to fly, you'll be soon on the moon.

And no, i do not think that package is an incentive :)

4. blackcameron

blackcameron New Member

Albums:
    Thanks guys! Well I'm in T.O. which I believe is a unique city as well. Not sure how "open" we are.

Proudly_Italian: Non so che parle Italiano, voglio dire che sono anche Italiano ! Mia grammatica fa schivo, prego che to capirme benne. Io servo una bella donna Italiana - haha, per noi Italiani a molto importante. Su tutto questo, servo una ragazza intelligente and non droppo defficile.

Ok back to English :p shit you're what they call an Italian stallione in my parts. 9 freaken inches! My compliments and humble respect!

5. vinny_spiruccino

Gold Member

Albums:
    I personally don't think you'll have any problems, just give it time. You're nice looking, articulate, seemingly intelligent - but you don't look black to me?

Anyway, like PI said - just be yourself; you'll do just fine.

6. 1kmb1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    try going bowling, you'd be surprised how many hot single girls go bowling

7. blackcameron

blackcameron New Member

Albums:
    LOL 1kmb1, thanks guys. I'm articulate on paper, I say some stupid nervous shit around people though. I need to learn to calm and take it easy - sort of a tight ass.

1kmb1, damn you got a nice bod!

8. Daxe

Daxe Member

It not going to be easy just take how you are on paper and translate it to how you come across to people. Yes you are going to say and do some stupid shit around people but, some people like stupid shit. It a matter of becoming more comfortable with who you are. once that happens it doesn't matter what you are packing they will like you stupid shit and all.

9. blackcameron

blackcameron New Member

Albums:
    I guess you're right. Thanks - confidence level at a maximum. :) Haha.

10. dags

dags New Member

If stupid shit means funny stuff most people don't say, thats not stupid, its what makes you unique. I have always gravitated to-wards people who walk just off the beaten path a bit. I would advise to take care of yourself, explore yourself and know yourself, get in to your interests and hobbies. The rest will take care of itself.
    Furthermore the bar/club scene can be fun once and awhile, but I wouldn't say its the ideal or only place to meet lasting friends or good relationships.

11. blackcameron

blackcameron New Member

Albums:
    I sound like a recluse! That's not the point. I have plenty of friends but they are all the hunkered down bookworm type. The few people I know that are on the clubbing scene know that I don't typically go for that kind of stuff. So making a 360 turn would be weird.

Need to find a way to reverse my commonality, my outlook. We'll see I guess.

Thanks again.

12. Vestigial

Gold Member

I'm for everything,.. sure i'll be there with the crystal chalice and $200 wine as I entertain a few guests, possibly freestyling on the grand piano...

Actually, though i'll drink cheap $2 wine, it mightn't keep my attention (I rarely drink a glass of wine a week anyway). Yup, that's me, the nightclub man drinking from his milk carton. :D

Just drink up and enjoy the night, being drunk ain't gonna make for much worth doing, let alone remembering. ;)

---

Anyways, just like your eyes accept light... you can accept attraction... and work with that to help attract them or even others. =)

Some stuff i'll put up for now...
    - cool disinterested drifter, you'll spark curiosity and any interest you let slip will probably be devoured
    - don't be more desperate than the ones you want to attract.. just stop and start fixing. consumed by lust, passion and desire is fine. but desperate? no.
    - occasional funky stunt or two can draw some attention your way if you feel in the mood

MUST BE SAID:
    Supermarket. And other ordinary places. That is all. :D

13. Chrysalis

Chrysalis New Member

Browse in a big bookstore.

I've had a few guys try to pick me up at Barnes and Noble...one of them would probably have been successful, had I been single.

14. Vestigial

Gold Member

Yup, you can find certain intellectual types in big book stores since they all congregate to their favourite area :D

And action does indeed occur there, quite often.

Oh and Chrysalis, your signature mean anything to ya? It's an area of training i'm currently pursuing ;)

15. Chrysalis

Chrysalis New Member

OFF TOPIC:

The quote was sent to me by a friend some time ago. Although I am not a student of Marianne Williamson, the quote is very meaningful to me.

I have a high IQ and many talents, and was raised to believe I should conceal my gifts so that I wouldn't make other people feel bad. I've spent most of my life feeling guilty for being who I am.

I'm not all that nice of a person -- I tend to be self-absorbed, stubborn, bossy, greedy, and other things I'm not proud of. So I thought I didn't deserve beauty, brains, and talent.

Turns out deserving has nothing to do with it.

My friend (and life experience) have helped me to see that hiding one's gifts deprives not just the gifted one -- it deprives everyone.

16. Vestigial

Gold Member

I spent 24 years of my life wasted, wasted 24 of my years on life.

But I survived... and hot damn is Karma paying jackpot!

Like I told another person who wanted to sacrifice himself for a relationship... he'd better do the opposite, and destroying his feeble self would not help complete them... you aren't just becomming a better person, you are becomming better for them too.

Me?,... I have exceeded my talents,.. my body and creativity are ~extremely~ potent now,... only problem? My complicated mind distances me from projecting back to others. (being able to -ace- 10 IQ tests at the same time does not mean anyone can understand why)

Either way, life is no longer treating me... I am treating life, and it is the greatest feeling I have experienced. :D

Just do it.

17. D_Coyne Toss

D_Coyne Toss New Member

Il tuo Italiano non รจ male, hai solo bisogno di esercizio!

You should find an Italian girlfriend, mate.

18. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Maybe he's right, Blackcameron.
    So why don't you walk south to College Street, turn west and go to, oh, Ossington, and set a spell in one of them thar Italian cafes.
    And you know what you'll meet.
    An Italian boy.
    Where do they keep dem grrls?
    If I have a better idea, I'll get back to you.:cool:
    Still think you're smokin' hawt, my lad.

19. Draconis71

Gold Member

Albums:

Well, turnoff is "dumb as a doornail", sometimes I meet a really interesting, bright person, but I feel inadequate, and not worthy (yah, I blew one relationship, not due to size, but, due to the fact I didn't feel worthy of her, SHE found the lack of confidence a BIG turnoff, so, I don't blame her for ditching me) Damnit, you know, she coulda been The One.

Draft saved Draft deleted