attraction: how visual are you?

Yes and no. Physical attraction is important to me - cos' if that's not there, no amount of liking their personality will cut it.

However, personality is incredibly important too - sometimes I'll get bowled over by someone kinda without realising I find them attractive.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I'm an artist so I'm extremely visual, but I find an incredibly broad range of people and aspects of people's physical appearance attractive. I find people attractive whom a lot of my friends and acquaintances simply can't understand my attraction to.

To me chemistry, intellectual connection, other intangible qualities often express themselves physically, at least to my eye anyway, and I think that's what draws me to people even before they've opened their mouths to speak.

This means that sometimes people whom I know to be extremely good looking can be totally physically unattractive to me.

In any case I think I just have an extremely eclectic aesthetic.

But physical attraction only goes so far, and sex with people who are just physically attractive to me is never as satisfying as sex with people who are both physically and mentally attractive to me. The chemistry is what it's all about.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are billions of people living on this planet. You cant talk to all of them. Something has to motivate you to talk to them.

For me, its the physical. But that only lasts past the first conversation.

Sometimes you are put in a situation where you are introduced to people you normally would not of talked to based on the physical. Then you find other things to be attracted to and my eyes kind of adjust and that person seems more attractive.

The same with the oppisite. Megan Fox is hot until she opens her mouth and speaks. She just doesnt seem all that attractive anymore. There is a thread somewhere here about her.

korinaus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Visual in as much as a person has to be attractive, but what really turns me on is a person's underlying personality. There's nothing lovelier than a natural smile, or a pleasant nature, or just a nice person. A lovely voice, tone and accent, is a big turn-on for me too. This is my attraction for women, of course.

Ditto!

SpiceFromIndia

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I am attracted to looks however i go for personality ...its always about the person...... that means i might approach somebody with good looks but if i dont like the personality it does not happen .....likewise i am open to anybody and if i like personality there is a possibility for something more :wink:.....however i must admit that i will approach the good looking ones but well i then i dont know anything else about her except visual ....that doesnot mean i want to fuck her .......but majority of the time good looking person = not so good personality wise ...

.... sex has changed for me it was physical before and now its totally mental .... i jack off thinking about different gals with different personality wondering how they feel and how they behave in the bed ..... :rolleyes:

I am not sure if i add up to the objective of this thread or not ...:redface:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
.... sex has changed for me it was physical before and now its totally mental .... i jack off thinking about different gals with different personality wondering how they feel and how they behave in the bed ..... :rolleyes:
now that's interesting.
...that you're more ''i wonder what she acts like naked'' than you are ''i wonder what she looks like naked''.
i suppose i have assumed that men just imagine whoever they are most turned on by, just doing the acts they like the most...whether it's true the character or not.

Q12

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm an artist so I'm extremely visual, but I find an incredibly broad range of people and aspects of people's physical appearance attractive. I find people attractive whom a lot of my friends and acquaintances simply can't understand my attraction to.

Id say im quite like this. Physical attraction is important to me, but I cant really say I have a definite 'type.'

Have I been attracted to someone who is tall and physically fit? Yes. Have I been attracted to someone who is the complete opposite of that? Yes. Have I not been attracted to someone who falls in either of those two examples? Yes.

I find people more attractive on an individual basis. Not so much like any person who has blond hair and blues is automatically attractive to me, some may be, some may not be.

nolbaby

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
when i was in 1st fucking grade, the most important thing about the opposite sex was how physically desirable they were to me. I "liked" the girl who I thought was prettiest. I also "liked" the gummy bears and mcdonald's chicken nuggets. needless to say, some things change as we mature and get older.
fast forward 20 years. i have been in love. i have been in lust. i have dated women solely because of how they looked. women have dated me for the same reason. i have LOST relationships due to sexual incompatibility, and I have broken some hearts by sleeping with women and not calling them ever again. i've played all roles and i've seen almost all imaginable sides of the question of "what should be important to how i choose my mates". i know this to be true: when I love a person, their looks matter not for the rest of time. if i love, truly love a woman, she can be caught in a terrible fire and come out with no face, arms, or legs, and i will love her just the same. It took until sometime around the end of high school to realize this, but i know now, at 27, that looks have very little to do with my ultimate goal, which is to find a woman who i can love and trust and spend a long time with in happiness.
u can always go after the people who are best looking. u can make looks your top priority in choosing a partner. a lot of people do. however, i ask those people this question: what the fuck do you plan to do with your significant other when you meet someone even better looking than them? if its all about looks, it is certain to happen, unless you happen to be dating the single best looking person alive. and i'm single, so i know that you aren't ;)

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
i hear a lot of the ''if he looked like brad pitt you'd blah blah blah'' from guys,
but actually, i'm just not a very visual person when it comes to attraction.
if i see a good looking guy what i feel is appreciation of beauty, not sexual attraction or excitement.
it's like seeing a good piece of sculpture. it just doesn't make my cunt twitch.
on the plus side this means i'm not swayed by good looks...behave like a creep or an arsehole and being an adonis won't protect you from my wrath.

i've dated a couple of models but it certainly wasn't their looks that attracted me.
...obviously i have minimum levels of physical attractiveness. no amount of physics talk and humour could make some men attractive. but i find attraction to them physically follows attraction to them mentally.

well, that's me. what's you?

can I ask what exactly does make your 'cunt twitch' as you put it?

I do like physical looks but likeyou, if the girl is a bitch or a dumbass I'll just consider her eyecandy and I wouldn't date her unless maybe someones life depended on it
I can tolerate a dumb girl if she is nice, or a smart bitch, but if she's a bitch and she's dumb oh hell no....

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
now that's interesting.
...that you're more ''i wonder what she acts like naked'' than you are ''i wonder what she looks like naked''.
i suppose i have assumed that men just imagine whoever they are most turned on by, just doing the acts they like the most...whether it's true the character or not.

oh no, a woman acting sexy is very close to a woman actually looking sexy
as to if one is more important thenthe other or not that's individual preference but almost all ofus consider them close bedfellows, if you will pardon the pun

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm rather visual but I don't have an excusive "type" that I go for. That said, I seem to date mostly guys in the 6'2"-6'3" range with stocky builds. Some of that is just the luck of the draw. Most of them have turned out to be rather sedentary, and I prefer active guys (more stamina for sex, y'know!)

I've dated guys with movie-star good looks (the one average-endowed guy who could make me cum - just on the basis of his looks and his skill with his hands!) and guys who were more, er... homely (one was pretty good too; and one of these was The Asshole - who had no redeeming qualities it seemed! He didn't have looks OR personality! :eek:). I've also dated (once) a guy with good looks (nearly movie-star quality) who was a male version of a bimbo (science fiction is the name of a movie, not a genre? HUH???) - and actually he turned me off by something more than that (homophobic remarks on our first and only date) rather than the "male bimbo" stuff. What is scary though is that I probably would've gone out with him again if he'd called again after that date, JUST because of his looks!

I've also run out on a guy who I had talked to on the phone and really hit it off with personality-wise, then when I met him, he turned out to be UGLY, and I looked for excuses to get away all night. I'm not really proud of that, but oh well... he did have bad teeth though, and that's the worst physical turn-off to me. Too bad he seemed nice (but then, The Asshole ALSO seemed nice at first, so that can be deceiving too...)

Rowan Ravenseed

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm pretty visual I think but like most people have said its not a deciding factor.

If i don't find a person attractive i wont date them that's pretty simple.

In saying that though what makes a person attractive to me is a million and one things but since were talking visuals I guess ill try to put things in terms of that.

Lets say on a scale of 1-10 you have Ugly ass people as 1's and Calvin Klein models at 10.

Ok so heres where im gonna start sounding a bit shallow so forgive me for my offense.

I consider myself about a 6-7 with the possibility of being an 8 (if i lost weight got my teeth fixed toned up and got a nice haircut)

I would not date any-one I considered to be a 4... no matter how rich how funny how smart how wonderful they might be.

I'm mostly attracted to men in the 5-8 range or guys that are what would be considered average to good looking.

Men in the 9-10 range or stunners/Calvin Klein models tend to be a little to intimidating for me and if one was interested in me (not that that's likely to happen) I'm not to sure how that would play out.

In my eyes though a 5 easily becomes a 7 if they have brains and an 8 if they have brains and a good sense of humor.

SR_Blarney_Frank

Experimental Member
Media
u can make looks your top priority in choosing a partner. a lot of people do. however, i ask those people this question: what the fuck do you plan to do with your significant other when you meet someone even better looking than them?

So what would you plan to do when you meet someone smarter, wittier, richer, or otherwise more compatible than your significant other?

I understand it's polite to say that looks don't matter. But it's also untrue. The degree to which it matters is certainly up for debate (hence this thread), but you could be the most entertaining, intelligent, charming woman in the world and if I find you to be physically repulsive then we're probably not having sex.

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
These two by far would buckle me at the knees, though once buckled, I would throw him over my shoulder, take him to my room, ecetera..:wink:.. Olfactory/Auditory.. I call them my caveman instincts :biggrin1:, lol.

I am attracted to man that knows his own masculinity. I don't have a 'type' per se, which makes me one hell of a perve, though a very refined, descreet one. So essentially, ones personality makes them more attractive to me than their physical attactiveness, due to the fact that the personality makes me physically attracted to them. Don't worry, I'm confused too lol

You know what.... I totally got that! lol

nolbaby

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
So what would you plan to do when you meet someone smarter, wittier, richer, or otherwise more compatible than your significant other?

I understand it's polite to say that looks don't matter. But it's also untrue. The degree to which it matters is certainly up for debate (hence this thread), but you could be the most entertaining, intelligent, charming woman in the world and if I find you to be physically repulsive then we're probably not having sex.

The main differences which come to mind immediately are that intelligence, charm, and the ability to entertain can ALL be worked on by a person to become better. (maybe natural intelligence can't be changed, but study and experience counts for a lot of what I consider to be INTELLIGENCE, so a person CAN improve it, in my opinion) Those characteristics all have the ability to be changed by the person (with the exception, of course, of the mentally retarded). A person's looks are pretty much stuck with them, whether "stuck" be a good or bad thing. Plastic surgery isn't reliable or available enough to be a real factor (yet) and fitness can make your body attractive but can't do jack shit about your facial structure.

I mean, if intelligence, charm, and entertainment are all trumped so easily by physical appearances, then why don't we just make it so that physical appearances are ALL that matters. it seems like somebody tried that once though...
what was his name...
oh yeah HITLER?!