Attraction To a Type?

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In thinking about my own desired "types" that i am attracted to i cannot imagine being attracted to any other type.

yet i never cease to be disappointed at the outcomes of the types i am attracted to.

the type i am attracted to is: beautiful, slim, highly socially astute, sanguine, socially adept, likes sex a LOT and often - yet also loves children, old people and dogs (i.e. is interested in caring for others.).
does this woman not exist?

i am baffled as to how this type is dis-inclined to having children and being wonderful mothers and loving wives.

is it that they are so immature and were so neglected in their formative years that THEY want to be the only source of attention?

i would appreciate any perspectives on this. thanks!

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
Goodwood, I couldn't help but notice that the outward appearance portion of who you are attracted to is listed first, only to be followed by a very generic description of likes that literally any personality type could possess. I am not really sure that what you are attracted to is really a type as it sounds more like a laundry list. I don't know how much experience you have with women but it sounds like you want June Cleaver in Pam Anderson's body. Aside from this ideal you have, what type of real women do you like? Do you like spunky, honest women? Shy, smart women? Maybe you'd be better off appreciating the women you date for the individuals they are instead of holding them up to some ideal in your mind. I hope you don't take offense, just offering my honest opinion.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
In thinking about my own desired "types" that i am attracted to i cannot imagine being attracted to any other type.

yet i never cease to be disappointed at the outcomes of the types i am attracted to.

the type i am attracted to is: beautiful, slim, highly socially astute, sanguine, socially adept, likes sex a LOT and often - yet also loves children, old people and dogs (i.e. is interested in caring for others.).
does this woman not exist?

i am baffled as to how this type is dis-inclined to having children and being wonderful mothers and loving wives.

is it that they are so immature and were so neglected in their formative years that THEY want to be the only source of attention?

i would appreciate any perspectives on this. thanks!
You are in Dallas, the home of hot spoiled women. You are looking for high maintenence and when you find it you are surprised.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
wow.
thanks for the comments. much appreciated.
BBW36 - as the spawn of models, from birth
appearance was tantamount. parents' model
crap aside, they were/are aristocratic bluebloods
where appearance is perhaps more important.
one must think of the childrens' well being...
high maintenence hud? no, no. i have fought high
maintenence with every woman i have dated.
its not necessary to walk out of the house and go
for coffee and a walk done up like lady gaga.
joe - when what i want is not attracted to me?
honestly, i am relieved.
but i keep looking. there HAS to be a combination
that works. for christ's sake - jonas salk came up with
the polio vaccine. there can't be a woman that want's
me?
back to BBW - laundry list? of COURSE there is a laundry list!
start out with that and see what sort of thing comes out of it.
one has to start somewhere.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
if the type i am not attracted to is not attracted to me? i just said "i am relieved".
just thought about that. and wondered 'did i mean that'? mmm. i think so.
i just thought of at least a couple of hot, rich, model types that would be spectacular genetic combos with me. but for their behavior and actual moral capacity - absolutely not. i AM relieved that the type i am not attracted to has not been attracted to me only because their capacity of human understanding is non-existent.
but i still want the genetic component.
i guess that's what it comes down to. i want the genetics of my type, but not the pathetic mental, emotional part of them.
make sense?
i'm sure not. discuss.
or not.

aviators

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
There is nothing wrong with spoiled dallas women, i too am from the dallas area of preston hollow/highland park and i look for the sophisticated, classy lady who has a taste for the finer things, but she has to have a heart for caring for people and an open mind and heart to new and changing things around her

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
Do you see yourself as genetically superior? I guess I am a bit confused by some of the things you said, but at this hour I am not up for splitting hairs. Perhaps it would do you some good to get out in the world and socialize more. The gene pool you are wading in seems to be shallow with possibilities. Perhaps you should expand your horizons and let your guard down.....actually open yourself to different types of people. If you don't, you might end up with a beautiful vapid wife that leaves your beautiful vapid children to the nanny to raise.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
aviators - thanks.sounds like you understand?
BBW - vapid wife...it seems that is what i am destined for.
vapid children...not a chance in hell with me as their father.
nanny? every parent needs them whether they admit it or not.
beautiful children or none at all. and before you get all carried
away about how that may come across - my idea of beautiful
children is far more vast than you may imagine.

IN the event i settle for a vapid wife that leaves the children with a nanny,
then the cylcle will be complete. i will have replicated my own childhood. lol.
but i can assure you - my children will be anything but vapid. mark my words. : )

aviators

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
yeah i completely understand where you are coming from about what we look for
but i dont think it is about women being disinclined to having children, i thinks its more along the lines of having children but getting your pre child body back for your husband and family.
and as far as nanny's go, i had maids and nanny's around me my whole life, when my parents went to work they would drop me off at school and i would be picked up after school and driven to day care/after school and picked up either by a nanny or my parents, i never thought anything of it. the only time i would feel mad at them is when they would miss some of my school stuff or would be really late picking me up from things, but i knew they had demanding jobs.
i know i will have a vapid wife too, and if i have the money i will either have a nanny for my kids or a nice private school and daycare place, just like i had growing up

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
thanks aviators.
that makes perfect sense to me.
the difference to me (in my mind)
is that i will be the parent that loves
and is actively involved in my childrens'
lives.
when nannys are used to picking me up
from school it was weird for my mother to
roll up in SUV in fur coat and hat and call out
for me as i was standing with my friends. lol.
very embarassing.
but back to the point - i don't know how to
change my attraction to a type. i want the
beautiful, sociailte mother for my children but i
want her to have a CLUE!!!!

aviators

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
i understand, that is why you make sure she is smart and not one of the dumb ones, there is one thing i learned is that there are no dumb women in dallas, they just act like it sometimes but they all have a college degree from a prestigious school

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
back to the point here! this is not about MY attraction to a type and this thread was not intended to be about me.
this thread was posted with the intent to ask if anyone else has an attraction to a certain type.
for instance; if you have awesome brown hair and naturally tan skin - do you look for the same in a partner?
that kind of thing.
i am perplexed by people's reticence of admitting they have a type they are attracted to either for sexual reasons or for procreation reasons. come on people! you are all attracted to something and it isn't me!!! lol.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There is a certain type of look that I find most appealing, but looks have very little (if any) impact on whether I will have sex with someone or begin a LTR with them. It is who they are on the inside that is important to me, not who they are on the outside.

DasLeezard

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm attracted to a 'man's man', highly in shape, drinks beer, and doesn't mind if I hang out with him and the guys.

I've only had that once, in my son's late father... Airborne/SF/Ranger tabs, ran 2mi in 8 mins, told jokes that would make bikers blush, and was a loving man.

I doubt I will ever have anything remotely close again, so I don't just restrict myself.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Agreed. This isn't quite the thread I though I might be.

I'm rather disappointed myself, as he seems so much more down to earth in his blogs. :confused:

Goodwood- Do you seriously want to have children with a woman like that? Wouldn't you rather have someone more down to earth that actually gives a rip about your children and wants to spend quality time with them rather than leaving them with a nanny?

IMO a kind, loving, generous personality comes from facing life trials not having everything handed out on a silver platter or being a contender in the social rat race.

I hope for your sake that you alter your list just enough to allow a good woman a chance. You can still have slender and intelligent without some of the other traits.

Now as for myself, I'm attracted to a kind, loving, generous man. Average body type, fit but not a gym rat. Intelligent and down to earth. And most importantly above all else he has to love me for who I am and not want me to change to suit his needs.

Last edited by a moderator:

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm attracted to a 'man's man', highly in shape, drinks beer, and doesn't mind if I hang out with him and the guys.

I've only had that once, in my son's late father... Airborne/SF/Ranger tabs, ran 2mi in 8 mins, told jokes that would make bikers blush, and was a loving man.

I doubt I will ever have anything remotely close again, so I don't just restrict myself.

aren't you exaggerating a bit? That would be the pace Kenenisa Bekele ran on his 5k world record run i 04. And that is damn fast. I am fit and i would need about 11 minutes for 2 miles, i know some guys who get it under 10. But anything around 8 is high level professional track and field.