Attraction to Superheroes

Deanboy73

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Has anybody growing up been sexually attracted to any Superheroes in the comicbooks or on TV? Just curious, I always thought Linda Carter was the hottest thing, I wanted her to throw that lasso around me LOL I also enjoyed the Incredible Hulk, everytime Bill Bixby got mad and turned into Lou Ferrigno, the eyes turning green, the shirt and pants ripping, never got tired of see it :biggrin1:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
When I read comics there weren't that many superheroines that one could describe as "sexy" because most anything sexual was carefully edited out (comics "code" and all). We're talking before Daredevil had an Elektra, before the XMen had a Storm.

First character that comes to mind was actually a villian called Star Sapphire. Of course on T.V. Wonder Woman was much hotter than in the comics, as was Catwoman in the movies.

Movie superheroines I found hot (if you don't mind my continuing in this vein - I find Batman cool, luv Spidey, and the last Superman movie was...well..."super", but no sexual attraction there) included Barbarella, Modesty Blaise, and Laura Croft (though they didn't really have super powers)

If we're talking T.V. superheroes/heroines the absolute hottest for me was Dark Angel (Jessica Alba). Used to watch that show just to see her face.

Deanboy73

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I also remember watching reruns of the Avengers tv show, even though Diana Rigg ( Emma Peel ) was not a superhero in the sense of having superpowers, she came across as one, always a nice tight suit and doing those karate chops LOL I believe she was one of the 1st female action heroes on tv back in the 60s, that was a great vintage show.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Robin the Boy Wonder has always had a huge gay following. When Marv Wolfman and George Perez matured him into Nightwing in the 80s to get him out of Batman's shadow, they made sure to continue to show skin (his chest this time) as a way to keep Dick Grayson's fans happy.

I think we should differentiate between the comic characters and liking them (I have always been a HUGE fan of Storm and Jean Grey) and the actors who brough them to the small or big screen.

I never liked the Hulk Comics, but I loved Lou Ferrigno's Hulk and Eric Bana's Bruce Banner. Linda Carter IS Wonder Woman.

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm attracted to Superman, but not in a gay way :p

I could go on and on about why but suffice to say I think he's the greatest superhero.

Wonder Woman and Supergirl are attractive in the sexual sense however.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Wonderboy said:
I'm attracted to Superman, but not in a gay way :p

I could go on and on about why but suffice to say I think he's the greatest superhero.

Wonder Woman and Supergirl are attractive in the sexual sense however.

Wonderboy, you forgot about Spiderman.:biggrin1:

thk8plus4u

Sexy Member
Media
I thought John Wesley Shipp was very hot in THE FLASH outfit, on TV.
Skintight and all muscle... nice! To find out he was 'one of the boys' was
nice as well.

NiceToolPgh

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
thk8plus4u said:
I thought John Wesley Shipp was very hot in THE FLASH outfit, on TV.
Skintight and all muscle... nice! To find out he was 'one of the boys' was
nice as well.

OMG, YES!!!! He was way hot. I remember him from the Guiding Light back in the day, and when he was The Flash, I never missed it. I still read comix, and the Flash was never a big favorite, but when JWS was in those tights....damn.... and if he is 'one of the boys', I'm sure he's been able to have his share of hot encounters... he had the most incredible bod... even when he was the dad on Dawson's Creek he was hot... I always wanted to see an episode with him & James Van Der Beek showering together...

simplystephen

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I know the name Lynda Carter has been bandied about on this thread, but I just gotta put her at the top of the list. She truly IS Wonder Woman. I was never attracted to her, I just wanted to BE her. LOL She should SO be Hippolyta in the new movie, but I digress... I wanted to be the meat in the middle of a Wolverine Juggernaut sandwich in X-Men: The Last Stand. Juggernaut was nipping out like crazy in that suit he wore. Imagine 20 foot nipples staring back at you!!! Isn't he a rugby or soccer player in real life? And of course, Hugh Jackman (even his NAME is hot!) was smoking hot in X-Men. I've always thought Halle Berry is simply gorgeous. But again, I'd rather BE her than HAVE her. And the tv Flash didn't last for very long, but I saw an episode or two and he was truly hot! I didn't watch Dawson's Creek, so I had no idea he was on that show. I gotta say the Smallville TV show has a hotter Clark Kent in Tom Welling than Brandon Routh ever was in Superman Returns. And I used to have "touch myself" thoughts about Christopher Reeve. How can you touch his performance, really? Brandon has some big tights to fill out (I heard Brandon's HUNG, btw) by taking Christopher Reeve's place. I've always thought Jennifer Garner was hot. She was hot in Alias and she was hot in Daredevil and Elektra. But have you ever noticed she's got those manly shoulders? Check her out in an Alias re-run and you'll see what I mean. :biggrin1:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
aquadude said:
For male superheros, Batman always did it for me, I liked the fact that he had a dark side, lol. And for women, I always like either Jean Grey or Psyloche from the X-men comics.

What is it about Jean Grey?

Is it the fact that she has red hair? Maybe the fact that she was sweet and innocent, yet could kick more ass than all other Xmen combined?

Or could it just be, that she was portrayed by the beautiful, Dutch, Famke Jansens?

Add my vote to the Jean Grey Fan club.:biggrin1:

aquadude

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
jeff black said:
What is it about Jean Grey?

Is it the fact that she has red hair? Maybe the fact that she was sweet and innocent, yet could kick more ass than all other Xmen combined?

Or could it just be, that she was portrayed by the beautiful, Dutch, Famke Jansens?

Add my vote to the Jean Grey Fan club.:biggrin1:

I have liked Jean since before the movies came out, but I never was able to explain why she did it for me. I have always loved her powers though, they are the best, and in the movies Famke Jansens is gorgeous, they picked an amazing actress to play Jean.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
aquadude said:
I have liked Jean since before the movies came out, but I never was able to explain why she did it for me. I have always loved her powers though, they are the best, and in the movies Famke Jansens is gorgeous, they picked an amazing actress to play Jean.

I too, have enjoyed Jean since I was young.

I think it has everything to do with her Strong power!
A powerful woman is oh so HOT!!!:tongue:

aquadude

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
jeff black said:
I too, have enjoyed Jean since I was young.

I think it has everything to do with her Strong power!
A powerful woman is oh so HOT!!!:tongue:

that it is, and I have always kind of found similarities withing the personality of Jean that was shown on the 90's cartoon. In fact there is even one of those online quizes somewhere that is "what x-men character are you most like" and when I took it, I was most like jean. If I can find it again I will try and post the link of here.

regularguy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm in love with the new superman. He's so hot. I wish I could meet Brandon Routh in real life. His face is gorgeous, and he has those nice muscular legs.

Deanboy73

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for the many replies! Simply Stephen you are so right, Lynda Carter should play Hippolyta in the new movie, that would be cool. I remember wishing she would come back in the 80s to do some reunion movies. I also thought Jayne Kennedy was sexy, wished she had played Nubia, an African Amazon and Wonder Woman's twin sister in the comics on the show. As far as who I wanted be growing up, I wanted to be Steve Austin, had quite a few dreams where I was Lee Majors using those bionics. Another character I wanted to be growing up was Han Solo, I remember as a kid wearing a white t-shirt and a black vest trying to imitate him LOL

Deanboy73

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Aquadude and Jeff- I always thought Jean Grey sexy as well, this was way before the X-men movies came out, maybe it was the red hair that did for me, she has some cool powers, she can rip your clothes off with her mind LOL I used to collect all the X-men comic books as a teen, I joked with my friends who we thought should play the characters, l remember we agreed Grace Jones should play Storm and Yul Brynner should be Prof X, but that was like over 20 years ago