Attraction to tall men...

Darpon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ask women straight out if they have a problem with your height and boom....no time wasted.

Uhm, really, no, I can't see any real reason how you could ask if someone mind's your height or not. If someone looking to date you outright asked if you minded a particular inferiority of theirs... it's really unattractive. Really, the only good way to compensate for height is to be so fuckawesome at everything else with your appearance and mannerisms that your height or lackthereof isn't really noticed.

Also, Scorpio, while what you said is quite thoughtful, it's unfortunately a bit incorrect. You say that he shouldn't get mad at women for rejecting him based on height, as you don't get mad at men for rejecting you based on body size. There is a key difference in your situations, though: You could change if you wanted. You could lose weight, and so, at least in a way, you're overweight by choice. There's a big difference between someone rejecting you based on your preferences and someone rejecting you based on something over which you have no control.

Also, to everyone who made a point of saying that not all tall men are assholes and not all short men are generous, please note that darkseid1998, uh, never said they were. He was just saying that, given a choice between a tall person and a short person, a woman would choose the tall person regardless of how much better of a person the short man could be. That, in most cases, is false, of course.

Speaking of which, darkseid1998, holy fuck you are being so incredibly bitter and angry. If you demonstrate such frustration and insecurity in real life as you do here, it's probably playing into your misfortune with women just as much as, if not more than, your actual lack of height.

D_lkjhgfdsa1234

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why shouldn't I be angry? I lost my ex-fiance because of a jerky friend of her's that kept pointing out I was short and kept harassing her with suitors who were taller than me. This got me angry at the fixed game, not the taller men. Tall guys, I don't mean any offense because you can't shrink just as I can't grow but c'mon ladies make the game fair. I am a sore loser if the "game" is fixed against me so I don't like to play. Being rejected for height is as worse as being rejected for race. What should we call this version of racism, heightism? I don't demonstrate this frustration offline and this is a good reason to be insecure about the height because what I said was true that women WOULD take the tall asshole over the short gentleman. However, I don't blame the women, I blame society for brainwashing them with these double standards. The media keeps saying tall is handsome, slim is beautiful, etc. Weight is however something you can change if you want the slim lover but there is nothing I can do to be taller. I do and will speak for all vertically challenged people because of the unfairness of society.

poizen-ivy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Dude, I am not trying to be rude here, but I think you need to see a professional.

1. Being angry isn't productive.

2. You are punishing any other female for something that someone did in your past.

3. Posting in a forum and giving ppl the shits is not a good way to work through an issue.

Many people have hang ups, height, weight, acne, hair lose.... life is unfair, you just have to play the cards your delt and get on with it. Not everyone has height issues, one of my mates is 4'10" and he's happily engaged. He just doesn't make it an issue and so no one else does.

It's harder to swim upstream than it is to go with the flow.

Last edited:

modest123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You mention racial discrimination and there actually is a lot of that among women - especially against Asian men. It is also quite strong against white men in some circles. I remember visiting a swinger club once (what a waste of money!). Everybody seemed so kind and cool - until the black guys came in. All of a sudden, all the women (white, all of them) started slobbering over them and worshiping them. When the time came to actually fuck, the only woman to participate announced "black guys first". The racism is unbelievable and it has nothing to do with penis size; with the exception of one black, I was larger than all of them.

Sorry to post off-topic but, since you brought it up...

Why shouldn't I be angry? I lost my ex-fiance because of a jerky friend of her's that kept pointing out I was short and kept harassing her with suitors who were taller than me. This got me angry at the fixed game, not the taller men. Tall guys, I don't mean any offense because you can't shrink just as I can't grow but c'mon ladies make the game fair. I am a sore loser if the "game" is fixed against me so I don't like to play. Being rejected for height is as worse as being rejected for race. What should we call this version of racism, heightism? I don't demonstrate this frustration offline and this is a good reason to be insecure about the height because what I said was true that women WOULD take the tall asshole over the short gentleman. However, I don't blame the women, I blame society for brainwashing them with these double standards. The media keeps saying tall is handsome, slim is beautiful, etc. Weight is however something you can change if you want the slim lover but there is nothing I can do to be taller. I do and will speak for all vertically challenged people because of the unfairness of society.

D_lkjhgfdsa1234

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dude, I am not trying to be rude here, but I think you need to see a professional.

1. Being angry isn't productive.

2. You are punishing any other female for something that someone did in your past.

3. Posting in a forum and giving ppl the shits is not a good way to work through an issue.

Many people have hang ups, height, weight, acne, hair lose.... life is unfair, you just have to play the cards your delt and get on with it. Not everyone has height issues, one of my mates is 4'10" and he's happily engaged. He just doesn't make it an issue and so no one else does.

It's harder to swim upstream than it is to go with the flow.

If I must travel away from the US to find women like you than I would. The next lay-off I will leave the US because I haven't found any fair game here in this country. Again I blame society as they are taught to be judgemental here. I'm not saying all women in America are judgmental as I have found a few gems in this rough that accept me for who I am. They are very hard to find though.
I have given my non-preference a chance which is overweight women and all I ask is for the ladies here to give their non-preference of short a chance. Is that hard to ask? Ladies have more of a choice in this matter, unless you've never been asked by a shorter guy in your lifetime then there is no complaints. I can try to change my attitude but the game will always be unfair unless the game changes.

poizen-ivy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sorry to inform you but it won't change. Not in your lifetime. Only you can change.

This is the game you're upagainst:
natural selection

–noun

The process by which forms of life having traits that better enable them to adapt to specific environmental pressures, as predators, changes in climate, or competition for food or mates, will tend to survive and reproduce in greater numbers than others of their kind, thus ensuring the perpetuation of those favorable traits in succeeding generations.

D_lkjhgfdsa1234

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Darwinism may be true if we were animals but we live by a social jungle dictated not by strength or ability but by rules and these rules are always going to be unfair to some. If we lived in the wild and I was competing in a ramming battle, I would win because fighting is not about how tall you are, it is how you manipulate your opponent. I guess that is what appeals to me about the martial arts.
I can't change the height but perhaps I can change my approach if you can show us how. Men who are disadvantaged need an equalizer to taller men so what would make a woman who prefer tall guys over short (that might be all women) take a shorter guy over a taller one? I have been passed up for taller men with other inferior traits to me such as the guy is abusive, the taller guy is out of shape, or has less social skill than I have and asked the girl rudely for sex and got it. And being nice won't count if they won't give you the time of day and won't look twice at you.

Last edited:

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Boy does it not feel good to read this thread. :roll: While I can't say I've ever been rejected because of my height (5'7"), since I don't really spend time making advances. And I've been told that I "talk tall" or "carry myself tall", that I seem taller than I am. But I do however feel that I definitely get less attention because of my height. And before I continue, the funny thing about height is a lot of people think of it as if you aren't tall you are short. Or at least that is what I've seen. Anyway back on point. A lot of women have made it a point that they like tall men because they feel protected and also maybe more feminine for the taller ladies. I don't know if you realize it, but that is a huge shot to most guys egos. It is still huge in this day and age to be able to "protect your woman." You are basically saying you feel like they aren't up for the job, that they are too weak for you, even though you aren't directly saying that. It's what is being sent off, and that is how a lot of people receive it. This may be just me, but when I was in high school I noticed that the shorter guys almost always tended to be cocky and aggressive. Not to say the tall guys didn't do that, they did it a bunch, but they tended to do it with their size, while the shorter guys worked harder on inflating themselves.

Of course ScorpioSlut made a good point about how people deal with it. But I don't think most women handle it very well, just like a lot of guys don't have problem with saying someone is too fat. Being short for a guy isn't attractive, so I think a lot of women don't feel need to be very subtle about it, especially with body language. So it is just a bad cycle. Short guys can become jaded because of taller women, and even not so tall women. I think there are a lot of women poizen-ivy's height who still want someone who is 6'+, and it only takes a handful of very vocal and jaded short guys to ruin it for the rest of us.

It's just a whole lot of not fun for us. It would probably seem a whole lot worse if I actually played the game more too. :tongue:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i make no apologies for only dating men who i find attractive.

i do not go through a mental check list of pros and cons...i just feel attracted or i don't.

EVERYONE has physical preferences, or we'd all be bisexual. in my experience, the guys who bitch the loudest about those shallow women not dating them? they're also the guys who would feel like they were lowering their standards if they dated a wonderful girl who just happened to be fat/ugly/disabled.

we can't all be brad pitt or anna friel. get over it.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i think height is more to do with how it makes a woman feel.
we grow up being bombarded with the ideal of the dainty, feminine woman.
a big guy can make a girl feel that way.
with a short guy...a girl can feel too big & less feminine.
when i talk to a gf who has just started dating a giant, the conversation is about how it feels to be entirely wrapped up in such huge arms, how it feels so safe and protected, what a turn on it is.
when i talk to a gf who has just started dating a shorter guy, they often confess to feeling awkward. kissing down, feeling unfeminine.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i think height is more to do with how it makes a woman feel.
we grow up being bombarded with the ideal of the dainty, feminine woman.
a big guy can make a girl feel that way.
with a short guy...a girl can feel too big & less feminine.
when i talk to a gf who has just started dating a giant, the conversation is about how it feels to be entirely wrapped up in such huge arms, how it feels so safe and protected, what a turn on it is.
when i talk to a gf who has just started dating a shorter guy, they often confess to feeling awkward. kissing down, feeling unfeminine.

Exactly. Guys are hit with the same stuff. I mean if you asked a large pool of guys what they think about hitting a woman, what do you think most of them will say? We are expected to be the protector, but since public fighting (not as a sport) is in general frowned upon, appearing like you can protect her is the next best thing.

Women like feeling petite and feminine, just like guys like to feel big and masculine.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Exactly. Guys are hit with the same stuff. I mean if you asked a large pool of guys what they think about hitting a woman, what do you think most of them will say? We are expected to be the protector, but since public fighting (not as a sport) is in general frowned upon, appearing like you can protect her is the next best thing.

Women like feeling petite and feminine, just like guys like to feel big and masculine.
yup.

it's not a global plot to screw over tiny men and huge women.
it's just what most people seem to like.

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Uhm, really, no, I can't see any real reason how you could ask if someone mind's your height or not. If someone looking to date you outright asked if you minded a particular inferiority of theirs... it's really unattractive. Really, the only good way to compensate for height is to be so fuckawesome at everything else with your appearance and mannerisms that your height or lackthereof isn't really noticed.

Also, Scorpio, while what you said is quite thoughtful, it's unfortunately a bit incorrect. You say that he shouldn't get mad at women for rejecting him based on height, as you don't get mad at men for rejecting you based on body size. There is a key difference in your situations, though: You could change if you wanted. You could lose weight, and so, at least in a way, you're overweight by choice. There's a big difference between someone rejecting you based on your preferences and someone rejecting you based on something over which you have no control.

Also, to everyone who made a point of saying that not all tall men are assholes and not all short men are generous, please note that darkseid1998, uh, never said they were. He was just saying that, given a choice between a tall person and a short person, a woman would choose the tall person regardless of how much better of a person the short man could be. That, in most cases, is false, of course.

Speaking of which, darkseid1998, holy fuck you are being so incredibly bitter and angry. If you demonstrate such frustration and insecurity in real life as you do here, it's probably playing into your misfortune with women just as much as, if not more than, your actual lack of height.

If you notice I said if he was tired of wasting time then he should just ask them that.

Secondly you have no idea about my situation. Can I lose the weight eventually yes. At the moment that isn't an option. So thanks for assuming that everyone can change their weight. That's like telling a skinny person with a high metabolism that someone who prefers they have more meat on their bones to eat until they want to puke.

Furthermore why should it matter if someone could change or not? Your preference is still the same so it shouldn't matter. If that person doesn't fit what you want then move on. It's not anyone's job to go around changing people. Our preferences are what they are and we shouldn't change them for anyone else anymore than someone else should change who they are for our preferences.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
scorpio, you're right.
my sis has polycystic ovaries. she eats less than i do and works out but the weight goes nowhere.
i've had friends who were on heavy steroids for potentially fatal illnesses, and no amount of dieting would stop them looking bloated.
yeah, it's a choice for most people, but not for everyone.

B_Dustydo

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think an ugly "entitled" and angst ridden personality is more off putting than a mans lack of height.

Show me some sweetness.
Some humility and respect and it doesn't matter what his height is.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think an ugly "entitled" and angst ridden personality is more off putting than a mans lack of height.

Show me some sweetness.
Some humility and respect and it doesn't matter what his height is.
sense of entitlement is the worst!
no, i don't owe you a date, a snog or a shag.
and if you think i'm shallow for turning you down?
remind yourself why you asked me, and not the plain girl next to me.

D

deleted15807

...life is unfair, you just have to play the cards your delt and get on with it.

Check that :smile: The sooner he deals with that the better.

You mention racial discrimination and there actually is a lot of that among women - especially against Asian men. It is also quite strong against white men in some circles. I remember visiting a swinger club once (what a waste of money!).........

If you actually went to a 'swingers club' then you deserve what you got. If you can't take rejection don't go to places guaranteed to give it.

modest123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm used to rejection; it's the blatant racism that I found offensive. If a black man was rejected for a job, being told, only whites need apply, would you tell him the same thing? People are rejected for jobs all the time, but most people find blatant racism to be offensive. It's the same here - as far as being offensive anyway.

If you actually went to a 'swingers club' then you deserve what you got. If you can't take rejection don't go to places guaranteed to give it.

D_lkjhgfdsa1234

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It is unfortunate that the media and the elitists have brainwashed people into separating us into races, parties, morphs, and sizes and we can't just accept the fact we are just human beings and look past all that. I think nice guys stand a better chance in a more unified circle of human beings than a segregated one. For more than a decade, I had to endure the "Asians have small dicks" myth until sites like these proved otherwise. For those wondering why I work out instead of change my attitude, I do it for myself and for the sports I play I must stay fit. This world and it's attitude can change because now we have a countermeasure which is the internet but it will take lots of patience and if it ups my game, I'm willing to wait until I am gray.