Auschwitz ... or ... Buchenwald?

saabman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I hear what your saying but you don't have to defend it for me, it doesn't really make a difference. If I recall he didn't say "my great uncle", he said it was his uncle. Like I said, I don't give a fuck, but if people are gonna jump all over hillary or mccain than the same should be pointed out when obama misspeaks as well.

My point exactly. I wanted to give my paper the benefit of a doubt, and see if they print anything today, but not one freakin word. If it was HRC or JM - it would have been splashed across the front page and led each newscast.

After doing some research - I found my local paper is owned by the same company that owns a big Chicago paper. Hmmm, Chicago is in Illinois. Barry is a senator from Illinois...

This entire process is ridiculous, pre-determined, pathetic, and completely turning me off. There should be no doubt now as to who the mainstream media wants to crown the next president. Just like the Iraq war: a catchy slogan, unfair media coverage, and the sheep are led to slaughter.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
...I don't give a fuck, but if people are gonna jump all over hillary or mccain than the same should be pointed out when obama misspeaks as well.

Pretty much my sentiment and the latter part of your sentence is largely why I started the thread - not because I think it's significant in itself but because (if previous evidence is in any way indicative) significance isn't necessary for sensationalism, division and vitriol to follow.

I read about it in the free rag given out on the tube and waited ... and waited but no-one posted. Perhaps it's media bias, perhaps people are bored with it, or (and this seems unlikely - see above) they're suddenly able to put such comments in their proper perspective. Probably a mix of all three.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Yeah but the point is that if Hillary happened to misspeak like that people would be all over her.

Obama has a mother who was an only child so technically he doesn't have an uncle. If hillary made up a relative to liberate the jews GOD FORBID...

His wasn't an immaculate conception, SM...he did have a biological father, a man whose brother(s) would be his uncles. He also had a stepfather, and most people consider brothers of step-parents to be uncles as well.

Great uncles go one generation back...they're your parents' uncles, the siblings of your grandparents. Like everyone else, Obama has four grandparents (six if you count his steps)...a brother of any one of those people would technically be his great uncle.

Hazel, First you try to correct Skull that it could on the Father's or Step-Father's side - Wrong. Then you present your knowledge of Family lineage as if Skull was in error there in his post - Wrong. If it was a great uncle then, Mr. Obama would have to say great uncle...instead he said:

“I had a uncle who was one of the, who was part of the first American troops to go into Auschwitz and liberate the concentration camps..." -Barack Obama on Memorial Day
The Obama Campaign had to issue a correction that it was a Great Uncle and the camp was not Auschwitz.

Neither Obama's Father nor Step-Father were American whose siblings or uncles could have served this nation.

On Obama's Mother's side however, Obama's Grandfather and Great Uncles did serve.

I think Obama misspoke...and its no big deal except he did it while he was attempting to align himself with the service of family members who have served in the military for this Nation and helped liberate the Jews when he did not do those things.

It was just something for the Republicans to try to capitalize on:

“Barack Obama’s dubious claim is inconsistent with world history and demands an explanation. It was Soviet troops that liberated Auschwitz, so unless his uncle was serving in the Red Army, there’s no way Obama’s statement yesterday can be true. Obama’s frequent exaggerations and outright distortions raise questions about his judgment and his readiness to lead as commander in chief,” said RNC Press Secretary Alex Conant.​

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hazel, First you try to correct Skull that it could on the Father's or Step-Father's side - Wrong. Then you present your knowledge of Family lineage as if Skull was in error there in his post - Wrong. If it was a great uncle then, Mr. Obama would have to say great uncle...instead he said:
“I had a uncle who was one of the, who was part of the first American troops to go into Auschwitz and liberate the concentration camps..." -Barack Obama on Memorial Day
The Obama Campaign had to issue a correction that it was a Great Uncle and the camp was not Auschwitz.

Neither Obama's Father nor Step-Father were American whose siblings or uncles could have served this nation.

On Obama's Mother's side however, Obama's Grandfather and Great Uncles did serve.

I think Obama misspoke...and its no big deal except he did it while he was attempting to align himself with the service of family members who have served in the military for this Nation and helped liberate the Jews when he did not do those things.

It was just something for the Republicans to try to capitalize on:

“Barack Obama’s dubious claim is inconsistent with world history and demands an explanation. It was Soviet troops that liberated Auschwitz, so unless his uncle was serving in the Red Army, there’s no way Obama’s statement yesterday can be true. Obama’s frequent exaggerations and outright distortions raise questions about his judgment and his readiness to lead as commander in chief,” said RNC Press Secretary Alex Conant.​

You've sunk to a new low...a BIG difference between mixing up Aushcwitz and Buchenwald and confabulating sniper fire...you have all the republican talking points memorized, you'll be very happy there...begone before someone drops a house on you

Last edited:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My point exactly. I wanted to give my paper the benefit of a doubt, and see if they print anything today, but not one freakin word. If it was HRC or JM - it would have been splashed across the front page and led each newscast.

Like I said, I don't give a fuck, but if people are gonna jump all over hillary or mccain than the same should be pointed out when obama misspeaks as well.

The point is that nobody jumped on Hillary for missspeaking; they jumped her for outright lying her bitch ass off and then calling it misspeaking.

Obama confusing Auschwitz for Buchenwald actually fits the definition of misspeaking...he incorrectly stated a minor detail that had no bearing on the underlying message. Also, most people use the generic term uncle when referring to greats, much like the generic cousin is used to indicate relatives more distant than first cousins.

But you already know all this...c'mon, man, this is beneath you.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

After doing some research - I found my local paper is owned by the same company that owns a big Chicago paper. Hmmm, Chicago is in Illinois. Barry is a senator from Illinois...

This entire process is ridiculous, pre-determined, pathetic, and completely turning me off. There should be no doubt now as to who the mainstream media wants to crown the next president. Just like the Iraq war: a catchy slogan, unfair media coverage, and the sheep are led to slaughter.
Interesting, if Senator obama's mis-statement was not reported in the news, then how did you learn of it?

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
He did so two days ago, keep up Trinity.:biggrin1:

I know Dong. I'm up to speed. That's what I said. Read what I stated in my post again.

The point is that nobody jumped on Hillary for missspeaking; they jumped her for outright lying her bitch ass off and then calling it misspeaking.

Obama confusing Auschwitz for Buchenwald actually fits the definition of misspeaking...he incorrectly stated a minor detail that had no bearing on the underlying message. Also, most people use the generic term uncle when referring to greats, much like the generic cousin is used to indicate relatives more distant than first cousins.

But you already know all this...c'mon, man, this is beneath you.

Sorry, Hazel your post to Skull was just wrong. As for your explanation. If you want to get into the difference between misspeaking and outright lying then people will also further examine Obama's motivations during his misspeak...using someone else's service to bolster himself while invoking Auschwitz. Just doesn't look good. Make sure you put the same measure on your candidate as you do everybody else.

I've already stated that Obama misspoke. So what are you going on about?

You've sunk to a new low........begone before someone drops a house on you

Indy, be nice. I've done nothing wrong here. I stated that Obama misspoke but the way in which he did was and is being capitalized on by the Republicans. I'm sorry if you don't like what's being done but it is being done. If you think its not right, I'm in agreement with you. I did not think it was right how Hillary's reference about RFK was turned into something it wasn't. If you are appalled about this, you should have been just as appalled about that.

Hillary should not have said the sniper fire exaggerations. Obama should not have made the Bitter Comments.

The "Uncle" liberating "Auschwitz" and the RFK reference were no big deal but were made into something they should not have been. Put the same measure on all the candidates.

saabman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Interesting, if Senator obama's mis-statement was not reported in the news, then how did you learn of it?

FOX News, believe it or not, was the only mainstream media outlet that reported on it that I am aware of. It's pretty sad when the most balanced reporting on the Democratic Primary is being done by Fox.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
FOX News, believe it or not, was the only mainstream media outlet that reported on it that I am aware of. It's pretty sad when the most balanced reporting on the Democratic Primary is being done by Fox.
The "mis-statement" was reported by every media outlet........and every media website