Aussie Circumcision Trends

Kensiboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Nice topic, I've always wondered this as well! I'm originally from the States but have been to Australia on many occasions, I even went to Sydney for Uni one year and it was amazing! But that being said, I"m 25, and have been going since I was 19 (Been there 4 times since then) and I've noticed that the rate was 60:40 in favor of CUT and the oldest guy I had sex with or any type of sexual interactions was 35 and he was uncut. I got circumcised at age 21 and I was paranoid. I was the odd man out in the USA for most of my friends are circumcised and from all parts of the country (It is funny how the topic always does come uP!). I started reading on the subject and got to one of those fanatic Intactvist websites and the horrors they painted..which made no sense to me for most of my couples were in fact circumcised. I would ask my friends if they had post traumatic syndrome or something for being circumcised and they just laughed at me and pretty much called me an idiot (Most of my friends are straight and I also asked a few ones who were gay). I had the option to not get circumcised but I would have some problems with my foreskin later on. But then I found a group of men who had the procedure done when they were older and they were very helpful in answering all the questions I brought up and thought their opinion was more valid than some weird-hippie people who it seemed like they had more of a foreskin fetish than really trying to "help" children. The procedure day came up, I took my penis out for some last hooded-rides the week prior and some "wanting" sessions and it was a fairly quick procedure, no pain at all which I was surprised but I was told there was gonna be little to no pain and it was true. The first week was more uncomfortable than anything but it finally healed and I love the way it looks and feels now. I've had it for some years now and I really gotta say I love it. The frenelum was taken out and that underside and the whole penis is as sensitive as it ever was! I do have to say my orgasms are more intense now...not sure why but they are, and after I cum my penis is uber sensitive, more so than when I was uncut. So I'm not sure what all the big fuss is about. I never had anything against a circumcised penis when I was uncut, I actually liked them a lot, but to call a procedure that has been part of the civilized world for ages as barbaric and mutilation only shows the lack of education and knowledge on the subject. Parents who opt for it do it to better the health of their children, there are MANY benefits to it, and they do outweigh the benefits of a foreskin. Remember many religions require it and to call them barbaric and mutilated is just ignorant, I was raised Catholic, I'm not that religious but I know Jesus was not mutilated by any means and his parents were not barbaric, don't try to offend others with your ignorance people. If I am ever blessed to have children and if I have one or more boys, I will obviously talk to my partner about it and I think it is for the best. Remember children get vaccinations, braces and many other things to help them improve their health, and circumcision is one of them.
Now going back to the Australia thing: I did notice more circumcised guys around the ages of 18-30 at least in my interactions of going there or meeting Aussie guys in Europe. But I know the trends are lower than in the past. But let's also remember that since now most states don't do it at hospitals (A very stupid idea if you ask me! Even in most European hospitals and Latin American hospitals it's offered), most people get it done with their pediatricians to be more "kid friendly environment" and because they offer it and with the highest standards of quality....which is a trend that is happening in the Western States of the USA...most parents have their sons circumcised at private clinics instead of the hospitals which is why the rates are lower there...Canada is the same. I also never liked using lube when I was uncut to masturbate and till this day I still don't, I've always preferred the "dry-rub" that is another of those weird myths, most of my friends never used lube either, and if anything, we are equipped with the best lube in the world: saliva! Not for me tho. I masturbate all the time too. Usually in the States, the upper classes and more educated people get their children circumcised, not the other way around like someone said...same thing in the UK and Canada, even France and Germany have that trend which I find very funny actually but must be the Muslim influence I think? Buddy of mine went to Eton in the UK and he told me most of the men there, British mind you, upper class men, were all circumcised and it's part of the tradition, but most of the men in the UK are left uncut, but some opt for it later in life for various reasons! If I had a preference, it would be for my partner to be circumcised, honestly sex is better but I also like larger cock-heads and uncut men tend to have weird shaped ones because of the foreskin and they're usually red in color. And I can also vouch that circumcised men are cleaner, like it or not it's true. Even when I was uncut I would shower everyday but by the end of the day there was always a funky smell to the penis, which was one of my traumas that a guy or girl I was with (I'm bisexual, lean more towards men) would complain, because I have complained about men who do smell bad and expect to get head that way...nope! Not from me! And honestly, the foreskin didn't add or take any sensitivity from my penis, I'm as sensitive as ever and I now really understand why many men, older, get it done! If you're having a child and it's a son, then it is the parent's obligation to know what is best for their children, nobody else. These pro/anti circumcision people are both quacks in my honest opinion, they're fanatics from both sides. I was fortunate to have the internet at the time I was born to get informed from men who have had it done and are very informative. So to the guy that got himself circumcised when his wife got their sons circumcised (Which she shouldn't of done if the dad was against it, rather talk about it and come to an agreement for the benefit of their son!), I'm sure he's a happy man! I know I am and I'm enjoying my penis to the fullest, I've gotten many compliments from partners who have seen the before and after and have experienced it, both men and women! I truly love it!
And to that, I think Aussie men are the hottest, beautiful men, rugged and surfer types, sexy accents, who love having fun and drinking and have amazing bodies....but nothing hotter than having a surfer nude with a beautiful circumcised penis glistening in the sun! YUM! Planning to go back this summer, hopefully it will be done! (Been to Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne and some other towns around the area where I noticed higher rates of circumcised men and Perth where they had lower rates from what I saw, men from Tasmania seemed to be uncut as well...but they were weird, remind me of people from Alabama over here...)

Kensiboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
And that being said...honestly, it's about the man not the penis. If you love a man but his penis isn't what you were expecting let it be shape, size or whatever...and you dump him for that...well what a horrible person. I love the man attached to the penis, not the other way around. And if he can use it to the best and please me with it, that's all that matters!

nicecircjob

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I concur with what Kensiboy said. I got circumcised as an adult and I jerk off without lube too. I have used lube but either way it's good. I wish my parents had had me circumcised at birth, but they didn't so I had it done as an adult. And I've never looked back. I love being circumcised, only wish I could have experienced it all of my life.

Reactions: darpup

Nicky4

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I concur with what Kensiboy said. I got circumcised as an adult and I jerk off without lube too. I have used lube but either way it's good. I wish my parents had had me circumcised at birth, but they didn't so I had it done as an adult. And I've never looked back. I love being circumcised, only wish I could have experienced it all of my life.

At least you had the choice to have the circumcision done. Can't reverse the procedure done as an infant if you are unhappy with it as an adult!!

crossfade29

Experimental Member
Media
Growing up in the 80's - outer eastern suburbs of Melb..circumcision was the norm. Back then, about 70/30 in favour of the cut. Now..its probably completely different.

ssgt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Seams like at the moment alot of my mates ar having thier sons cut.

aussienick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just heard some FM radio jocks talking about having their sons circumcised as though it was the normal thing to do.

Is it making a comeback or are these guys in the minority? Guess they might have influence being on radio, but although hopefully their listeners are smarter than them.

Arkaadien

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gees... what on Earth were you listening to Nick? Must be a different station to me thats for sure lol. Mainstream radio station???

Its not something one would want to hear bandied about on breakfast radio that's for sure... cause a lot of cornflake choking i'd think in addition to no doubt making a mockery of such a derisive and serious issue.

ballaratboy

Admired Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Seems in my opinion, most guys under 30 r uncut.
I'm cut so enjoy playing with uncut cocks and the foreskin but doesn't worry me either way.
Used to be a cleanliness issue but....
As per other posters prefer the guy over the cock anyway

grandbanks

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Read a recent article that around 100 American baby boys die each year
from complications due to circumcision , The last baby to die in Australia from
circumcision complications was back in 1993 , the main cause for the drop
is our death rates was due to circumcision being banned in public hospitals.

The report also went on to mention but did not have a clear number of how
many American baby boys have their penises removed because of botched
circumcisions , the article said that these boys and parents were counselled
to bring the boy up as a male and not a female as had been done in the past
which had caused mental issues.

Im not sure how you sit your son down and explain the reason they are not
like the rest of their friends is because of their parents decision.

Simon9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When my son was born I favoured leaving him intact. My wife wanted him trimmed. So did a couple of nurses I spoke with in the maternity section of the hospital. But I gave in. Fair dinkum.

So he was cut the day after he was born and he was delighted and still is. Tells us every day that he's so happy he's living the circumcised smegma-free lifestyle. He plans on becoming a professional penis model and thanks us for having the good sense to having his hideous saggy baggy veiny stinky foreskin removed. One day he may be on the cover of Intact® Magazine. We're so proud.

Uncutpete

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So he was cut the day after he was born and he was delighted and still is. Tells us every day that he's so happy he's living the circumcised smegma-free lifestyle. He plans on becoming a professional penis model and thanks us for having the good sense to having his hideous saggy baggy veiny stinky foreskin removed. One day he may be on the cover of Intact® Magazine. We're so proud.

This person is clearly deluded, or being sarcastic. I can't tell.

Gman86au

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was born in rural western australia in 1986. The general circ rates of aus were probably about 40-50% at that stage but in the rural areas it was still very common. My mum said that all the boys born at the hospital got cut (she felt a bit guilt doing it because she could hear them crying).
She was aussie so all her family (my grandfather, uncles and cousins) were all circ’d as routine. She consented to me being cut while my uncut british father was at work and didnt know.

Ausrob85

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I was born in rural western australia in 1986. The general circ rates of aus were probably about 40-50% at that stage but in the rural areas it was still very common. My mum said that all the boys born at the hospital got cut (she felt a bit guilt doing it because she could hear them crying).
She was aussie so all her family (my grandfather, uncles and cousins) were all circ’d as routine. She consented to me being cut while my uncut british father was at work and didnt know.
She sure made the right decision.