Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just thinking

Aussie seems to have an agenda about Circumcision
more so than its neighbouring Country New Zealand
Wonder if its to do with your many European Cultures
compared to our primarily Polynesian Cultures
ie
Polynesians more readily accept there lot thats given?
possibly without Religious interference?
(NO expert on any of it, just a thought ha)

S

SirConcis

20 cut. think most of my friends are uncut though

Think ?

No, you need to know. ! You must know !

Even if it means pulling their trousers down at a bar, supermarket or wherever you meet to check their circumcision status and just tell them that you must do circumcision statistics of all your friends.

:)

D

deleted23084

There was an hour long debate about circumcision on national TV this week. The audience seemed very pro-circ.

The First Cut: Watch Online : SBS Insight

I watched this too and thought it was a pretty well balanced and well moderated debate on something we all know can be really inflammatory. I'm not sure that the audience was all pro circ, there were definitely people against it (the former nanny, the guy who was restoring, the paediatrician from Sydney). And there was the couple who couldn't decide and still weren't decided at the end of it.

I was pretty impressed with everyone's honesty. It's easy to throw an opinion around online, but these people were on national tv and especially the men who disclosed their own circumcision status, well that's a pretty open and honest thing to do in front of a tv audience.

Not sure that the program would have changed anyone's mind, but it was a good insight into people's thinking and how people interpret evidence. And since Insight is the name of the program I guess they met their objective.

S

SirConcis

Considering that based on this forum, you'd think Australia no longer circumcised boys, the attitudes were evenly matched, perhaps with a pro circ bias.

Looks to me like the producers hand picked the audience to represent various groups in the circumcision debate. So they don't actually represent the aussie population in terms of proportions but rather the various sides of the debate.

Quite interesting to have the mother and son with the mother being able to ask the son if he had wanted to have been left uncut right out on national TV.

It was my first time seeing Brian Morris "live". Was disapointed with his arguments that were exagerated and thus losing some credibility. On the other hand, the guy from the USA was very balanced in my opinion. His argument was basically "yes, there are advantages to being circumcised, but they are not big enough for us to recommend widespread circumcision - let the parents choose".

And you can tell how the researchers worked They contact the urologist, urologist then gives references to some adults he circumcised, those adults are then invited to the show and mention "yeah, he is the one who circumcised me".

CuriousTom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You have to feel for poor Nathan. His Mum discussing his botched circumcision on national television. Poor guy looked bewildered. Thanks Mum!

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Think ?

No, you need to know. ! You must know !

Even if it means pulling their trousers down at a bar, supermarket or wherever you meet to check their circumcision status and just tell them that you must do circumcision statistics of all your friends.

:)

I think I'd like to volunteer. :tongue:

Mrwilly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm 30 and uncut, out of the majority of guys I know, there's only 3 that are cut around my age

Troyimcumming

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie...Oi! Oi! Oi! I'm 19 and cut. What you said about over 30 is true for my family and one of the guys I used to date. He was 31 and cut. But the guy I lost my virginity to was 2 years younger than me and he was cut. And so were three other guys who I've dated/had sex with who were either the same age or 1 guy who was a year older than me. The guy I'm dating now has a foreskin. I love Sam but I like cut cocks more than uncut ones. They look nicer, feel better to touch and suck. I still love having sex with him; a bottom mostly but he can be a very masculine and dominating top when he wants to.
:adam4:

aussienick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie...Oi! Oi! Oi! I'm 19 and cut. What you said about over 30 is true for my family and one of the guys I used to date. He was 31 and cut. But the guy I lost my virginity to was 2 years younger than me and he was cut. And so were three other guys who I've dated/had sex with who were either the same age or 1 guy who was a year older than me. The guy I'm dating now has a foreskin. I love Sam but I like cut cocks more than uncut ones. They look nicer, feel better to touch and suck. I still love having sex with him; a bottom mostly but he can be a very masculine and dominating top when he wants to.
:adam4:

There seems to be a surprising number of younger Aussie guys who've been cut. Maybe it's all down to family tradition?

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm not an Aussie (American born and cut) but I met a guy from Australia in Hawaii that was cut. Between exchanging loads and cuddling, I asked him about circumcision down there (over there?) and he said most of his friends were. Of course, this was twenty something years ago. One thing on my "Bucket List" is visiting there. :biggrin1:

gettingonwithit

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
There seems to be a surprising number of younger Aussie guys who've been cut. Maybe it's all down to family tradition?

Each generation there will be less and less. There'll always be Jews and increasingly Muslims who circumcise their boys. Never seen an African guy at the pool near me (and there's lots) with a foreskin.

Also appears fairly stong in Filipino communities. I work with a lady who took her son to Queensland as he wanted to be circumcised like his friends and father when he hit puberty.

ssgt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
i think you normally find circumcision in groups. its seams one person in an area does it and then everyone does. i find that its a lot more common then people think but the more common thing is the age that its done. its seams to be getting older.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i think you normally find circumcision in groups.

Maybe you get Drs of an era conspiring over there Cocktails and Lattes to set up a circ / uncirc scenario, to give you Aussies a talking scene ..??

aussienick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some guys in their early 20s have just joined my soccer club. Surprised to see two of them are cut. Haven't asked why. Probably the like father, like son thing? Maybe it's more widespread in that age group than the official stats suggest?