Aussie Guys & Circumcision

cliftoncock

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Interesting that Australia somehow lags behind the UK in the uncut stakes. Here it was (effectively) stopped by the creation of the NHS in 1948.

jb3

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Interesting that Australia somehow lags behind the UK in the uncut stakes. Here it was (effectively) stopped by the creation of the NHS in 1948.

I didn't know that, Clifton.... Are many older Britsh blokes cut, then?

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Newborn circ reached a peak of about 25% in the UK just before WWII. After the war several prominent paediatricians and other doctors emphasized that it was unnecessary and the foreskin is functional. When the NHS started up in July 1948, it prioritized procedures by need and routine circumcision fell to the bottom of the heap. A few families still had their sons circumcised privately, but even that fell off by the mid-1950s. The infant circ rate in Britain has been under 1% since then. I have heard several guys in the UK say that they associate circumcision with older guys - which makes sense, because the rate moves only in one direction as a cohort population ages. (A greater percentage of those born in 1950 will be circumcised by age 80 than by age 30.)

Australia took a while longer to coordinate its universal Medicare system, which now does not encourage newborn circumcision or see any national health benefit in it. New Zealand, more closely aligned medically with the UK, went from the highest circ rate in the world in the 1940s to effectively 0 by 1970. A comprehensive book about New Zealand's experience with circumcision is coming out next year.

voyeurcurioso

Loved Member
Media
I'm in North America but do correspond online with some Aussies. Several of them (~age 19-20) indicate a reasonable amount of circ in their group, but they are all upper middle class suburban. Having thought that Aussies in that age group were almost universally intact, I find it interesting. Perhaps there are pockets of neonatal circ in some communities? The opposite obtains here in some parts of the US. I was born in a somewhat bohemian area of the Pacific Northwest and left intact, as were about 60% of my cohorts (estimating) , and we are hospital births. I think some clinics and hospitals in that region only circ on request and otherwise do not solicit it. Just a thought.

Kensiboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
When I was in Australia, it seemed like guys around my age, 20's, were circumcised if they were mainly upper-middle-upper class suburban and many urban, and country guys. The uncut ones were mainly first generation Aussies, children of immigrants and immigrants themselves! At least that's what I could tell! Hottest guy I was with was an Italo-Aussie who had beautiful blue eyes, amazing body and beautiful face, played rugby and surfed and had the biggest CUT cock I saw in the island! What a perfect man...and then that accent! :) this was in Sydney, we fucked like there was no tomorrow, I was 22 and he was 19! Great times, looking to go back!

Kensiboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Noticed same trend in Canada...I was surprised to notice Montreal to be very 50/50...always thought they were mainly uncut in my age group? But it was a very pleasant surprise!

jonboy53

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I am from the USA. Leaving out Latinos, we are 95% circumcised. Too bad that you don't. A lot of reasons.

(P.S. Latinos are 50% circumcised.)

CuriousTom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Was taking a piss next to a guy at work today. Same age as me. Would have bet the house on him being cut, but he wasn't. Reckon there are more uncut Aussie guys born in the 70s than people think.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Right. Removal of part of the genitals is an ideal state.
Tell the other 70% of males who haven't seen the need.

ssgt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I was on the Gold Coast last week and there is a doc with. Radio ads promoting infant circ

jojo_germezi

Sexy Member
Media
I think it also matters which part of Australia you talk about, in southern states there are still lots of young men circumcised but in Queensland and further north, I can say 100% of guys are uncut! and also better endowed! hah because they are cowboys!!