Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Floods are expected to reach the highest levels in brisbane on thursday 3am local time (15 hours from this post). Levels are expected to reach or exceed 1974 flood levels....and all this is with the dam built after the 74 floods to make brisbane "floodproof"

The area of brisbane I'm in isn't expected to be heavily affected, so i'm safe, but driving around is difficult as roads are cut all over the place now, and worse is set to come.

Capt_obivous

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Last edited:

bigbloke

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We've had our eyes glued to the tv for the last week or more as this event unfolds. Now we think it's time to open our wallets; at the moment it's the only way we can help, being so far south of QLD. I urge all Aussies to do the same.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Fear for them, and no where near
Shake my head with Sadness, for those affected
immunity so far away,
Rest easy you folk, when you can.
enz

to think they would have watched the Pakistan Devastation, not imagining 6 months later awaiting in trepidation.
we are doing our best with aid & $ also bigbloke

Thanks for the updates capt obv. All the best of luck to you, yours n everyone else in that region. :S

Let us know how things pan out. Ta. :)

^ Saw that. Really sad. :(

Our paper this morning carried the story of the family on the roof of a car. Mother and boy were saved...but Dad was missing i think. :S

Kinda beyond belief to see these scenes in a developed country.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Just imagine just how much worse these Brisbane floods would be if it wasn't for the Wivenhoe Dam which I am pleased to say is still up and hopefully stays sound even with the vast amount of water it's holding back and the amount of water that is passing over the top of it.

I can't bear to think what would happen if it was to fail now.
Honestly it would make that 8 foot wall of water look like a ripple on a mill pond.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Just imagine just how much worse these Brisbane floods would be if it wasn't for the Wivenhoe Dam which I am pleased to say is still up and hopefully stays sound even with the vast amount of water it's holding back and the amount of water that is passing over the top of it.

I can't bear to think what would happen if it was to fail now.
Honestly it would make that 8 foot wall of water look like a ripple on a mill pond.
Yeh, I saw that on a Ch7 bulletin. Was it built as a response to the 74 floods? Seems like it's been invaluable. :smile:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes starting to think these critters are getting mightly pissed off with Mankind wreaking havoc on this shared planet.
Seems these Romanian birds found a different way to knock themselves off...?

Romanian birds drank themselves to death | Herald Sun

reminds me of a Kereru (NZ Native Pigeon) they have a bad habit ofovereating, then try to fly without the food having digested cant gain height hit a structure, and explode on impact dead within seconds, seen it happen 6 months ago.
Thought the neighbour had shot it with a slug gun, but proven by Vet to have imploded from within.. common apparently.
mmmmmm
enz

gigantor68

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
At least now some areas have had the water level drop right down so they can start cleaning up.

They continue to let out water from the Wivenhoe Dam at a slower rate as the middle of next week they expect some solid rain again. The Wivenhoe Dam reached around 190% capacity when 5 days earlier it was on 106%

The east coast of Australia has been experiencing a La Niña affect for just over 12 months now, where in a La Niña weather pattern there is a greater chance of rain compared to the previous 15 years or so with the El Niño affect of dryer than normal conditions. The La Niña pattern is expected to end around April.

The rain has followed a trough down into New South Wales and Victoria which they have also experienced flooding in a number of areas.

Thanks Gigant. :)

Is the Somerset dam new too...or already there before the 1974 flood?

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have no shame in bringing to a conclusion this event of the Qld Floods
enz

lpsg, not only for big cocks and shit talk'

Brave pair farewelled | Toowoomba News | Local News in Toowoomba | Toowoomba Chronicle

Choking back tears, Mr Tyson thanked the Toowoomba community for its support and spoke of the indescribable love he had for his lost “soul mate” and son.

“Our family was once described as dysfunctional . . . I don’t know what the perfect family is, but I thought we were,” he said.

“The fire in my heart will continue to burn until it’s my time to join them.”