Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Whos going and who are you all excited to see?? I've got 3 day passes and made my list. You will see me at Empire of the Sun, Coldplay, Kanye, Pretty Lights, Nas, Arcade Fire, Santigold, Fool's Gold, Skrillex, Cut Copy Chromeo, and more! Also let me know if you think I should see somebody else because I have not heard of more than half of these bands!

ACL 2011

kenny233

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I really enjoy live music, so in a nutshell:

I have seen North Mississippi Allstars and they are good. I second Mavis Staples. I listen to Iron & Wine sometimes - he is pretty good. I also like some stuff by My Morning Jacket. I definitely would catch the Preservation Hall Jazz Band - they play a variety of upbeat dixieland style music that rocks - every musician in the group is extremely talented. I have seen them alot, and this festival would be no exception. It's not for everyone, but I am a big fan of Ryan Bingham. I've seen him several times, and those guys put on a great show. My girlfriend really likes AWOLNATION, but I'm not a big fan. I love Social Distortion and Randy Newman is good also.

I have heard of some more of those bands, but the ones I mentioned would be the groups I would make it a point to watch. OP, you look like you have a pretty good lineup yourself.