Austin of A-List

mj21045

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've never watched the show until today. They are doing a marathon of this season on Logo and I'm catching it now.

Thank you leoboy! The "men" on this show are the type that have made me never feel like I fit in with the gay community. They are really a poor representation of what gay men really are. It's really sickening...and it's like an accident. I keep trying to look away but I can't!

Totally stereotypical gay men perpetuating the bitchy, self-absorbed, materialistic, body obsessed douches that set the gay world back 40 years.

bigone90036

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I hate that this show came back for a 2nd season. It's the worst thing to happen to the gay community. I perpetuates the "bitchy faggot" stereotype we've been fighting against for decades. Every single cast member needs to get lost! The only beacon of light is Mike Ruiz.

i like the show.. i dont think it's made to represent everyone. I think it's made to represent the type of people that are on it for the type of people that watch logo all day. I don't think it's setting the gay community back. I doubt there are many straight homophobes watching LOGO screaming and jabbing at their tv.. "I KNEW ALL HOMOS WERE LIKE THAT!". Lets be serious.

p.s. This is just my opinion for all those ready to respond back with a lashing out

p.s.s. Reichein is the hottest. he's kinda sweet if he wasn't a cheating bastard lol

you know what.. on another note.. wtf is up with rodiney. everytime they cut to him for one of his comments on camera with the producers, he comes across so fake.. like a bad actor. he has the "bitch please" catchphrase and not only does he never say it right, but he doesn't even say it at the right time. he is so annoying i can't stand it.

Balljunkie

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I hate that this show came back for a 2nd season. It's the worst thing to happen to the gay community. I perpetuates the "bitchy faggot" stereotype we've been fighting against for decades.

Oh really? Have you been out recently? I run across more gay men that are like them than not.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I agree with bigone. I watched the entire series and not one of them represents who I am as a gay man. They are all bitchy, backstabbing queens; I would not like ANY of them as friends. The addition of the girl, I can't think of her name right now, wow, she is like hell on wheels, I think put on there to spark more fights or whatever. They all seem to love throwning fuel to the fire in their backstabbing. I also think a LOT, of not MOST of the show is staged of course. Are there really people like that? I doubt it. All of them are just too campy for me but somehow I still watch the shows. The Dallas one comes out tonight I think. Hopefully, Dallas represents the gay community a helluva lot better than those NY bunch.

Balljunkie

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I agree with bigone. I watched the entire series and not one of them represents who I am as a gay man. They are all bitchy, backstabbing queens; I would not like ANY of them as friends. The addition of the girl, I can't think of her name right now, wow, she is like hell on wheels, I think put on there to spark more fights or whatever. They all seem to love throwning fuel to the fire in their backstabbing. I also think a LOT, of not MOST of the show is staged of course. Are there really people like that? I doubt it. All of them are just too campy for me but somehow I still watch the shows. The Dallas one comes out tonight I think. Hopefully, Dallas represents the gay community a helluva lot better than those NY bunch.

They don't represent you as a gay man. But take a look around the next time you go to a gay bar/club. Notice how many act just like them. You will see the same drama that they put on.

I think that the gay community tries to pretend like there aren't gays like that. There are. It may not be you or Bigone, but there are gays that act just as campy, dramaful, and backstabbing as them.

Jay1074

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
They don't represent you as a gay man. But take a look around the next time you go to a gay bar/club. Notice how many act just like them. You will see the same drama that they put on.

I think that the gay community tries to pretend like there aren't gays like that. There are. It may not be you or Bigone, but there are gays that act just as campy, dramaful, and backstabbing as them.

Agreed! Too many gay men confuse personal/character identity with sexual orientation and cannot get passed themselves to realize that by and large the Gay Community is loaded with bitchy campy queens exactly like the ones on A-List NYC. They are in total denial. These stereotypes exist for a reason. They may represent a negative aspect of the gay lifestyle but it most definitely exists. To compare one's self to those guys and then
claim that they are not representative of the gay community because you're gay and don't act that way is clearly confusing YOUR character identity with others of the same sexual orientation. Get passed yourself. Then again, narcissism is pretty prevalent among gay men so good luck with that one.

Last edited:

Balljunkie

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Agreed! Too many gay men confuse personal/character identity with sexual orientation and cannot get passed themselves to realize that by and large the Gay Community is loaded with bitchy campy queens exactly like the ones on A-List NYC. They are in total denial. These stereotypes exist for a reason. They may represent a negative aspect of the gay lifestyle but it most definitely exists. To compare one's self to those guys and then
claim that they are not representative of the gay community because you're gay and don't act that way is clearly confusing YOUR character identity with others of the same sexual orientation. Get passed yourself. Then again, narcissism is pretty prevalent among gay men so good luck with that one.

Exactly. Thank you.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I didn't say that there are not gay men that are pretty much like the guys on this show. I did say they do not represent me as a gay man at all. I think a lot of gay men feel like they need to fall into that "gay stereotype" that this show so clearly depicts. I do not have that need. I stand on my own and have many gay and str8 friends (some acquaintances admittedly) and if they are like those guys chances are they are not one of my friends anyway. Too much drama. Take Austin for instance. Why does he fight so hard to be accepted and judged by these guys is beyond me. Fuck em Austin, move on. Who needs friends like that str8 or gay? I don't. The only one likeable on that show is Mike. He clearly stays out of the drama by choice, is clearly gay and represents a positive aspect to our community. The campy, backstab stuff, yes I will agree that some of that is out there and yes for sure there are quite a few, but I just can't get involved in their drama, str8 or gay. I judge any person of any sexuality or whatever by the way they treat me. If they don't like me, or I don't like them, it's not difficult to move on. I fell asleep for the Dallas guys. Was that show any good?