Austin, tx gyms

MarkTX1

Experimental Member
Media
Anyone in the Austin, TX area know of any good workout places (a gym, athletic club, etc.) where people aren’t freaking out on nudity or doing the towel dance. Was hoping to find somewhere with a naked whirlpool and guys aren’t afraid and are liberal with nudity in locker room. Couldn’t hurt if they were cute too ;)

Reactions: StaringIsCaring

Rick Thomas

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Anyone in the Austin, TX area know of any good workout places (a gym, athletic club, etc.) where people aren’t freaking out on nudity or doing the towel dance. Was hoping to find somewhere with a naked whirlpool and guys aren’t afraid and are liberal with nudity in locker room. Couldn’t hurt if they were cute too ;)
I’ll be in Austin in October for a conference. Would be great to visit a gym like this.

Reactions: colin20

azspeedo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I live in the Austin area too. I just go to 24 Hour Fitness, but the pool/hot tub/and saunas are co-ed, so you need to be in at least a speedo, and that's what I wear.

We should have an Austin meet uP.

vincent2

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Some locations do. Gold's doesn't do steam rooms that I am aware of unless it was already set up in a gym they bought out.

Thanks! Good to know. Do you know about lifetime fitness? Its membership fee is very expensive. I guess it should have steam room and sauna in separate locker rooms..

Spike Baltar

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Thanks! Good to know. Do you know about lifetime fitness? Its membership fee is very expensive. I guess it should have steam room and sauna in separate locker rooms..
I remember Lifetime having a steam room in the men's locker the few times I visited on a free pass. It was out of my budget.

D

deleted907269

Considering a move to Austin this Summer, any gym recommendations, not necessarily looking for something cruisy but somewhere laid back and friendly would be great.

Reactions: StaringIsCaring

leonceswim

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Considering a move to Austin this Summer, any gym recommendations, not necessarily looking for something cruisy but somewhere laid back and friendly would be great.
There's a lot of golds options in Austin, it's what i used when i was there. A few of my rugby teammates used it as well. Which part of town do you think you'll be in?

D

deleted907269

There's a lot of golds options in Austin, it's what i used when i was there. A few of my rugby teammates used it as well. Which part of town do you think you'll be in?

Looking for a gym Downtown as I'll be getting apartment along the riverside neighborhoods between Barton Springs and Rainey St Historic District.
Trying to get the car out of my commute as much as possible (I know it won't be easy or cheap, but driving in the US is wild LOL)

Reactions: leonceswim

leonceswim

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Looking for a gym Downtown as I'll be getting apartment along the riverside neighborhoods between Barton Springs and Rainey St Historic District.
Trying to get the car out of my commute as much as possible (I know it won't be easy or cheap, but driving in the US is wild LOL)
Its a good area to reduce your need for a car, but Texas pretty much requires you to have one, at least eventually. Austin public transport is decent but not the greatest. Also, there is a golds downtown on 6th street!

D

deleted907269

Its a good area to reduce your need for a car, but Texas pretty much requires you to have one, at least eventually. Austin public transport is decent but not the greatest. Also, there is a golds downtown on 6th street!

Thanks mate, that gym seems to be about right. Are there any "small" gyms or the good ones are usually big chains?

leonceswim

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Thanks mate, that gym seems to be about right. Are there any "small" gyms or the good ones are usually big chains?
Theres a bunch of small ones scattered around. Downtown will probably have the more expensive ones. I couldn't tell you which are good. The chains are mostly convenient.

Reactions: deleted907269