Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
if you're into art there's a great new show at the blanton.

Francisco Matto: The Modern and the Mythic : Blanton Museum of Art : University of Texas at Austin

tesoro's is super cool --

Tesoros Trading Company Home Page

i luv video is a great place to rent videos.

http://www.iluvvideo.com/

MySpace.com - I Luv Video (Guadalupe St.) - 25 - Female - Austin , Texas - www.myspace.com/iluvvideo

"I Luv Video is open every day from 10am til 3am. We're located at 2915-A Guadalupe Street in Austin. (on the corner of 29th street, behind Milto's) Give us a call at (512) 236-0759, we'll be happy to hold movies for you! We offer New Releases for 2 nights for $4.00, and catalog releases for 5 nights for $2.75. We also rent Blu-Ray and Adult titles for $4.00/2 nights. Every Tuesday is FREE BEER TUESDAY! It's true, ILV members over 21 may enjoy free beer while they browse!"

alamo draft house is super cool too.

Alamo Drafthouse :: Main Page

and tamale house #3 has the best breakfast tacos!! (IMO.)

http://www.myspace.com/tamalehouse

Last edited:

Penis Aficionado

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Movies: I second the recommendation of Alamo Drafthouse, where you can both watch movies *and* get drunk! Also the theater in the Dobie Mall on the UT campus shows good flicks.

Getting drunk: What do you drink? Most of the coolest bars in Austin only have beer & wine licenses, not liquor licenses.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Crissy listed some pretty good spots...I suggest you check them out.

Depending on your taste in nightlife, you may want to avoid the 6th St. area...it's largely the kiddie crowd. All the bars/clubs are pretty much interchangeable during the weekend...but during the week, a few places (Friends, BD Riley's) have some really good live acts playing, usually for no cover. If you're a blues fan, find Joe Richardson and/or Alan Haynes...you won't be sorry.

The grown-ups tend to frequent the 4th and 2nd St. areas west of Congress. There's a pretty cool open patio/bar atop The Speakeasy, and Belmont has a good vibe to it, too. Cuba Libre is another cool spot, so long as you like rum. Another good lounge place is Molotov...a couple blocks west on 6th.

This time of year, I also recommend you check out Barton Springs pool. The spring water is constantly in the low 70's, which feels damn good when it's over 100F in the shade.

Just saw your percentages...if you want to check out the gay scene downtown, head to Oil Can Harry's or the Rainbow Cattle Company.