Australia suggests Lesbianism to older women

Act2_Begins_Now

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As beautiful as many women are, even though I have fantasies of being with a woman, of course there is the better communication with a most girlfriends ... never, ever, ever could I give up having a been ... I don't care how realistic the strap on is ... the smell, the touch, the feel, the taste ... man good :)

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wasn't responding to your post, DC Deep.

I just thought anyone in Australia who would suggest that was a bit off.....
Oh, I know, doll. You and I were both commenting on how fucking surreal it is even to suggest something like that.

Excuse me while I watch my favorite clock melt.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Of course this is some stupid theory that has been thought up by a panel of older women who are possibly lesbians themselves or are so cynical and negative that no man would touch them anyway.

To suggest compromising your sexuality in order to combat loneliness is insane. And honestly,there is NO shortage of men in Australia, but as women become more independant and resorceful we dont feel the need to settle for a no-good looser who isnt worth our time so possibly thats why they say there is a shortage.. the men just dont meet THEIR standards

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To suggest compromising your sexuality in order to combat loneliness is insane.
Unfortunately, not so. Something much like this happened across wide swathes of Europe after the first war. Because armies enlisted and served in local groups, after a particularly grotesque battle some areas, including entire cities and towns, were simply depleted of men. There just weren't enough left standing after the smoke cleared to go around. Some women managed to adapt to the situation. This is causally related to the bizarre transvestitism fads familiar to fans of Cabaret.

Although it seems hard to believe sometimes, man (including, of course, woman) is primarily a social animal, and only secondarily a sexual animal.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unfortunately, not so. Something much like this happened across wide swathes of Europe after the first war. Because armies enlisted and served in local groups, after a particularly grotesque battle some areas, including entire cities and towns, were simply depleted of men. There just weren't enough left standing after the smoke cleared to go around. Some women managed to adapt to the situation. This is causally related to the bizarre transvestitism fads familiar to fans of Cabaret.

Although it seems hard to believe sometimes, man (including, of course, woman) is primarily a social animal, and only secondarily a sexual animal.

That is very true, BD. We have had a number of subsequent wars and many other issues which have depleted the numbers where for the first time in a while there is a big disparity between available men and women. I do not know if this idea was hatched by women or men ,but in either case it is a bit shocking, to say the least. I had thought about those images of post WWI Vienna myself.

doctorro

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi,

I was reading an article last night that stated that there were certain sectors in Australia who had suggested lesbianism for older single women as a solution to the man shortage.

:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1: Ok, ok... if they are too old for babies, why not? They can fall in love and care of each other and let the young guys discover young landscapes.

I'm waiting for Armenia suggesting suicide to ugly women, hello genocide. :rolleyes:

Australia rather hand some "greencards" to older men and get nice grandpas to the town

vibratingfinger

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
The original link to the story is dead so I'm posting the article here in its entirety. After reading it, I don't think it's really shocking at all. The title of the article is loaded. In fact, I have been thinking that I know of many older females who choose to live together. It wouldn't surprise me at all if their relationship also involved mutual sexual acts. Doesn't make them lesbians. It makes them sexual. Of course, that's not a pleasant thaught, saggy breasts rolling on eachother but I wouldn't doubt that it happens more often than we'd think it does. I'd rather not think about it much though.

Older women urged to become lesbians

[The article was originally accessible at http://www.news.com.au/common/printpage/0,6093,6908932,00.html but appears to have been removed.]
By Nikki Voss and Nicole Cox
Australia's leading relationship counselling body is urging lonely older single women to become lesbians.
Relationships Australia spokesman Jack Carney said men's shorter life spans, and their pursuit of much younger women, meant women in their twilight years were often forced to turn to other women for love and companionship.
Mr Carney said the government-funded support group encouraged older women to explore lesbian relationships, which were seen as more nurturing and emotionally supportive.
Older women were even pooling their resources to buy property and making pacts to form couples if they did not find a male partner by a certain age, he said.
"As they get over 60, opportunities to get a man diminish substantially. Men marry younger women and they die about eight years younger, so there is a real male shortage," Mr Carney said.
"And as women get even older it gets much worse, so we ask them to entertain the idea of lesbian relationships."
Australian Pensioner and Superannuants League secretary Yvonne Zardini said she was aware of more women moving in together in old age.
"You notice it more where women are sharing houses, but I never ask exactly what the nature of their arrangements are, but it wouldn't surprise me (if they were in same-sex relationships). Loneliness can be a terrible thing when you are older," she said.
Myra Flynn, from support group Older Dykes, said some older women "defaulted" to lesbian relationships because of a lack of men.
Others had struck up relationships with men in the 1950s and 60s only because they could not be open about their sexuality, or they wanted a child.
"It's becoming more common and I've noticed a growing trend in bisexuality," she said.
The Matrix Guild, a Victorian support group for lesbian women aged over 40, refused to comment on the Relationships Australia advice.
Census 2001 statistics show older members of society are adopting the divorce trend and are leaving life-long partners, some even in their 80s.
Mr Carney said that despite the encouragement for women to "explore other options", married and miserable was still better than alone and free, unless there was abuse.
"The best thing you can do is stay married if you want to live longer," Mr Carney said.
"When I talk to other counsellors, they are seeing many more older people coming in, but we try to tell them to stick with it. Divorce is like amputation."
Founded in 1948 as the Marriage Guidance Council, Relationships Australia is a non-profit counselling organisation funded by both the Federal and State Governments.
In response to the pensioner stampede to the divorce courts, Relationships Australia has launched two courses on how to start again in relationships in old age.