Australian brushfires

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Freaks, whackheads, loners, the usual assortment of arseholes. The cops have a few good leads, especially on the ones up near Beechworth. Nathan Rees (NSW Premier) and John Brumny (Victorian Premier) have both come out and said that the DPP will press murder charges on whoever gets nabbed.

The push is on now to take the AUD42B KRudd Obama-style plasma bonus and turn it into a "rebuild-rural-towns-with-some-measure-of-fire-protection" bonus which makes a hell of a lot more sense to me.

Bigbear82

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
they caught 3 arsonists so far a 32 year old, a 15 year old

and some lunatic who wanted his reserve fireteam to be sent out to battle the fires

i hope they hang em all

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
they caught 3 arsonists so far a 32 year old, a 15 year old

and some lunatic who wanted his reserve fireteam to be sent out to battle the fires

i hope they hang em all

I agree...fucking throw em in jail and throw the key away. Or better yet, throw them in the prison oven and fry the dickheads.

Hard to even pretend to be a wanna-be-Buddhist when shit like this happens.

Last edited:

Rowan Ravenseed

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It really is quite scary how bad it is down there, 48 degree Celsius days bushfires so bad it feels like over half the state has been burned down. What even scarier is you look at strange oddities like the fact that QLD the "Sunshine State" know for its sunny weather is flooded out in the middle of summer meanwhile down south in Vic where its known for its always overcast and miserable weather is burning alive!!

Lets hope mother nature settles down at some point and lets people get to the business of rebuilding what was lost.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
this is just tragic, and the casualty count is getting worse and worse...these poor people :frown1:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It really is quite scary how bad it is down there, 48 degree Celsius days bushfires so bad it feels like over half the state has been burned down. What even scarier is you look at strange oddities like the fact that QLD the "Sunshine State" know for its sunny weather is flooded out in the middle of summer meanwhile down south in Vic where its known for its always overcast and miserable weather is burning alive!!

Lets hope mother nature settles down at some point and lets people get to the business of rebuilding what was lost.

48 C = 118 F. Most Americans don't know Celsius. I had to find an online conversion to figure it out.

Fahrenheit to Celsius Converter

A

AM_092

It's very upsetting, though remember that not all the fires were deliberately lit.
I live in the south-western suburbs of Sydney, so I'm not affected at all, though it has been scorchingly hot for the past few weeks. The weather's finally cooled down and now raining. Hopefully that goes for the Victoria, SA and the rest of NSW.
I remember just hearing somewhere today, that the death toll had surged passed 300 and predicted to be beyond that (is that nationally or just Victoria?)

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some photos from my parents place.

The paddock is about 2 miles away and the fire front in the others is about 10 miles

jeez that is frightening and surreal with the orange sky...it looks like something out of Apocalypse Now.

I hope your parents are okay and have a quick escape plan or something Stu.

From what i have read the fires seem to be able to cover that distance of 10 miles in under 10 minutes, shouldn't they leave? I am asking out of concern for their own safety...i hope they evacuate until this is better contained...I would be terribly worried.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here's something some of you might find a bit sad as well as heartening.

I tear up everytime I watch that little wild koala putting its hand on the fireman while drinking the bottles of water.

God, I hate these fires. We/ the government/ etc. are very bad custodians of our forests. And it's scary to drive up into the hills outside Perth WA and see all of the houses nestled all snuggley within the trees...just waiting for the same damn thing to happen to them.

Aussies find fire relief in two koalas - World environment- msnbc.com

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here's something some of you might find a bit sad as well as heartening.

I tear up everytime I watch that little wild koala putting its hand on the fireman while drinking the bottles of water.

God, I hate these fires. We/ the government/ etc. are very bad custodians of our forests. And it's scary to drive up into the hills outside Perth WA and see all of the houses nestled all snuggley within the trees...just waiting for the same damn thing to happen to them.

Aussies find fire relief in two koalas - World environment- msnbc.com

yes, i was going to post the picture of sam and the CFA volunteer a couple of days back but forgot.

It made me teary as well.

it is sad that as so many humans have lost their lives and everything they have, so have millions of animals...they have no homes, nothing to eat, and millions deads...

I know over there in Oz, they have been selling the pictures with the proceeds going to the CFA...i think it would be great if they used the picture as a future symbol for an Aussie Wildlife Fund (make a silhouette of it)

i think it really hit home, that a wild animal, with nowhere else to turn, put its trust in a human. the paw on the hand is really wonderful, as was the pat on the head...a really lovely moment at a tragic time...consider how dehydrated that poor critter was as she downed two bottles of water...since Koalas get the vast majority of their moisture from the leaves, one can only imagine just how thirsty she was to drink that much water.

Also her paws all had second degree burns, and the interesting thing that the CFA volunter said was that his hands were very cold and wet, so i imagine, that the koalas paw, which was burned badly, probably got alot of relief from placing it on his hand...

it was almost like she said...ah, that feels better...think i'll keep my paw right here.

anyway, it was a nice moment in a really tragic time.

i have seen the pictures of her recuperating, with her paws bandaged, and she looks very cute.

at least there were some nice stories for some people and animals alike out of this horror.