Australian FHM magazine looking at www.lpsg.org

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Imported

Gold Member

petermartin1974: Having chatted to Mark this afernoon (my time, in Australia) Mark would like me to throw this open to the posters on the site and have you speak for yourselves about lpsg.org. I do still want mark's contributions to the topic, as my editors specifically want the site's master (!) to speak, but perhaps we can just entice Mister Mark to join in on this thread.

:wub:

"My very general answer is that the board is for everyone who is interested in
    discussing human sexuality. Mark"

So I'll put my questions to you here.

What are the origins of this website?
    What did it grow out of, or from where did it spring?
    Who are it's parents?
    What purpose do you posters see the website serving, and also who do you see it serving?
    Is it a club for the hung, or a gathering point for those admiring the hung? :wow:

I'll throw in a few moer later, but hopefully those will keep you guys going for a while.

Yours gratefully,

Pete. :)

2. Imported

Gold Member

petermartin1974: Please also assume that *in this thread* anything revelatory or cool you say will be quoted for the article. If you don't want to be quoted, please make it clear to the readers. I love keeping any of my contributors to my work on side and happy, so post away and expect a friendly reporter to be reading. :ninja:

3. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

The stated purpose for the original version of LPSG was that it was for "anyone possessing, interested in, or affected by a large penis."

That was a few incarnations ago. The original site was begun as a joke on the part of the original owner. I was a member on that site, and I saw the change from the joke to a forum where people had serious questions. It never occurs to some people that there actually are issues arising from a large endowment, and that it's hard to find someone equipped (please pardon the pun) to answer those questions. The focus changed because the readership recognized that the board could actually be a valuable resource to people who didn't know where to turn with their questions. For whatever reason, the site disappeared.

Enter MisterMark, our fearless leader. He was a member on the original LPSG and resurrected the site with a whole new layout. The new LPSG was conceived as anything but a joke. There were different fora within the site, and many of the old members found their way there. I still see usernames that date back to the first time I checked out the group. There have been changes in servers since, and I think LPSG is currently in its fourth incarnation.

Of course, many people still don't see the need for such a group. Mark asked me to act as a spokesman for LPSG in an interview on the Christian & Vince Show on Outlet radio. The first thing I was asked was, "Why Large Penis Support Group? What's so bad about having a big dick?" My answer was that nothing is bad about it, but there are issues that can only be answered by others in the same boat. Many among the general public seem the think that having a larger than average penis would be the perfect solution to problems like self-esteem or feeling unattractive. The truth is that having a larger than average organ comes with its own set of problems. The problems can vary, but there are common questions concerning finding clothing that fits adequately, being turned down by potential sexual partners due to size, being ridiculed by peers, etc. These are things that never occur to someone who doesn't have to deal with them on a daily basis. Here we can find others who have experienced the same problems, and they can often suggest a solution based on their experiences. If nothing else, they can empathise and let us know that we're not alone. There is some solace in knowing that you're not the only one. That being said, most of us here accept the down side of being well-endowed and wouldn't particularly want to trade what we have for something smaller.

And there are fora for those looking to increase their size or hook up with someone, as well. There are fora for women and for the younger group. These are important, because they address issues that specific constituencies of the membership. Women may have to deal with partners who are well-hung. Their forum can discuss their thoughts on the subject. Younger members are often just coming to terms with changes in their bodies that they might not understand. If they are particularly well-endowed, they're likely to notice that their genitals are different than others their age, and there is a forum where such things can be discussed.

We're not all about penis size here. We have a forum for jokes, and the Et cetera category where anything can be discussed. Friendships are born at LPSG. I have friends I met here that I talk with on the phone from time to time. There is camaraderie, joking and flirting that goes on at LPSG. We send personal messages to each other and get into discussions in the chatroom. The large penis aspect of the board may be what gets them to check out LPSG, but it's not what keeps them here. If this site were about nothing but penis size, I would've dropped out of here years ago.

Obviously, this is not a site for everyone, but for many of us, it's a cool place to visit.

4. viking

viking New Member

Albums:
    Not sure here Peter, but if you want to know about the details of a community, seems like it would be hlepful if you became PART of the community.

I see that your profile has no information about yourself and you show no pictures of yourself and you've only posted about your publication????

Not sure that will be well received here.

Now, don't get me wrong, we're more than happy to give our opinions!! Right gang??
    But we are not here for your or anyone elses entertainment.

There are some very personal things shared here. (as well as some other things :wow: )
    And most of the time, we talk to each other about those issues and give each other support.

The flirting and joking is fun and funny, especially if you know the person that it's comong from!

So, If you really want to know what it's about, jump in and have fun. Let us know something about you first!!

BTW: welcome to the board.

5. blackwood

blackwood New Member

FULLY support the recommendation/

blackwood

6. Imported

Gold Member

petermartin1974:
    Gonzo journalism? Joining the community? Right on! Stand by then - I'll lay a little bare in a sec. But as why I haven't given much about myself or put photos up, put it down to basic inability, being busy, and not thinking I was all that interesting.

Pete. ;)

7. evanrude36360

evanrude36360 New Member

Though I am not hung, what brought me to this site is two of my friends. I have two friends that are greatly endowed. They are both shy and very consevative about their size. They do not let other people know about theie size and sometimes are uncomfortable about it. I decided to do some research and very glad I found this site so I can better understand them. I have refered this site to one of them. I do not know if he has taken up on the recommendation. I think this is a good site and give a great deal of information.

8. Imported

Gold Member

petermartin1974: So who the hell is your fearless & sympathetic journalist?
    My name's Pete, and I'm from Tasmania originally. I've lived in Sydney, and now live in Melbourne, Australia. I'm 30yo, and mainly I work as a nurse in operating rooms. I worked as a personal trainer for a few years, and I've been working in cancer research as well for a few months, but in the last 4 months I've been branching out into writing for magazines (so far it's Australian Triathlete and FHM). Trying to turn that into fulltime freelance work.

Travelled a fair bit, spent 3 months in San Francisco in 1999.

The essential stat is 8.5", and medium not thick is the simplest way to describe the girth. (I've never measured girth.) Totally straight, friendly and open-minded as all hell.

Have an awesome girlfriend, and we're getting married later this year. B)

Hopefully that'll keep you entertained for now. Any other questions welcomed, of course.

Pete.

9. viking

viking New Member

Albums:
    Welcome Pete, you've had an interesting time it sounds like.

There are a fair number of guys here from Australia. Not sure about Tasmania.
    They boast about lots of Aussies being well hung.?

Personally I can't vouch. Haven't been there yet.
    Got as far as Bora Bora this year and got an Awesome Tribal tattoo there.

10. madame_zora

Gold Member

Welcome aboard, Pete! This sounds like it will be a lot of fun. You certainly do seem like you've had a variety of interesting experiences, and you're quite a cutie besides.

I found this place at the begining of last year. I'd only recently begun dating following too long a period of being single and celibate following a failed marriage. I googled on "big dicks" and this is what I got.

The old board wasn't as well set up as this one, but it had it's own charm- I think we only had about 2000 members when we made the switch. With this new board came the addition of the Gallery and much of our notoriety. We've always had very few female members, but there were even fewer back then, and one of the old regulars offered to pay for a premium membership for the first woman to post a pic of her boobs, so that was me! Having been a stripper when I was younger, plenty of people have seen them anyway, so I figured why not? These guys were showing off their dicks for us few girls, so it seemed like a good way to thank them for the fun.

Had this site been only about cocks, I wouldn't have remained interested for so long, but it's been so much more than that. Here we build friendships, hone our philosophies, share life difficulties and joys with our friends, try to help others with all of life's issues. It's a real community if you get involved on that level. I like to think that amoung our large body of lurkers, many can get questions answered without even having to post.
    I'm sure plenty are just here for the pics, but that's the beauty of it- you can get involved on any level you choose.

I'm on here almost every day, as I work at home and can pop in throughout the day and I can say in honesty that some of the friends I've made here have become truly important in my life.

I wish you well in writing your article, and appreciate your willingness to join the club to learn what it's all about.

11. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

Lets bump this thread..

Anyhow, I first joined in mid 2000 in one of the earlier incarnations of the board, although I visited the site when it was a joke site. Originally my intnetions were carnal, to be honest, but being a "n00b to life", I ended up finding a lot of things about my body I didn't know although nowadays I tend to talk more and listen less! :)

The excellant people we have here is one of the highlights, we come from a diverse range of backgrounds and political stances, which can lead to off-topic ranting, but at least you can get a decent education if you lurk enough!

Also, the women's auxillary is great. The original incarnations of LPSG did feel a bit "gay", which could be offputting for some of the straighter members of LPSG (no offence, I wub you all, but sometimes I need someone to ask a breast and 'gina question!) , but the women's auxillary are intelligant, witty and for bring a unique and respected view to the board.

Respect is earned, rather than given, but it is very easy to earn and harder to keep if you're a moron though, which is a problem with a board with a strong sexual nature like this one, but morons can't cope with the heat for very long, that's for sure.

I think one thing I like is the community, the fact I can be gone for a month, come back and it's "business as usual", and we all have experiences with genitals, so we all have something worthwile to say.

12. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Strange that you perceived it that way. The original LPSG was owned by a straight man, and all the moderators were straight. Not so with the present site.

13. madame_zora

Gold Member

Strange that you perceived it that way. The original LPSG was owned by a straight man, and all the moderators were straight. Not so with the present site.
    [post=308595]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Ah yes, but you're forgetting that for a lot of guys, whenever a group is predominatly men, they perceive it as "faggy". Now, talk about sex issues with other men- gay fer shure! Look at penis pics???? Homo alert going off even as we speak.

Note: these will often be the same men who are wanking to the pics though. :D

14. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

But keep in mind that the photo gallery is a relatively new feature of LPSG. The original board didn't have photos. In fact, it didn't even allow for photo avatars.

15. jonb

Gold Member

I think a lot of straight guys have, ah, issues. I wouldn't classify them as gay or bi, mind you, but they ARE attracted to some men, and they overcompensate for that. Now, the extreme homophobes are probably gay.

16. madame_zora

Gold Member

*nods in agreement*

I think the slight homophobes are sometimes uncomfortable talking with gay men at all for fear of their own homo tendancies coming out. I have to laugh when I hear references to their pictures of naked ladies that surely prove their hetero status!

I think if men feel uncomfortable here (or before) it's not because of the percentage of gays vs. straights, it's the fact that there is gay talk at all. It's so much easier just to reject what you don't understand.

17. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I'm another who's been around the board for a long time.

A conservative and a heterosexual, I am part of a decided minority here (something which took some time to get used to) but I've been made to feel welcome and accepted.

I can attest to the fact that the personality of LPSG seems to change periodically according to its then popular posters. Our current 'family' is the best bunch yet and the board often receives complements from newbies for our maturity and straightforwardness. *snickers*

Some time back, when we seemed to really need it, we were visited by a pirate ship. Those characters were so hilarious that we still speak of them fondly. Too bad they don't visit periodically.

Mark gives the board a free hand for the most part. His patience is longsuffering. He often comes off as the parent who quietly stills the sobbing of a child whose feelings have been hurt.

And we all need to be stroked every once in a while, don't we?

18. bif9x65

bif9x65 New Member

I have been following LPSG for a long time. Since its inception, in fact.

DMW’s account is accurate except let’s not forget dee blackthorn, who stepped in and moderated a temporary Yahoo group between the original and the current. This action—and the fact that many posters followed the original LPSG to Yahoo indicates real interest in the subject.

The thing that interested me about the group is the GENUINE EMOTIONAL PAIN some of these huge hung guys have endured. From an outsider’s point of view one can easily take the false assumption that being well endowed lays the world and every woman or gay guy at your feet. Not the case. Not at all.

Although I must add that the present group of posters is not as sympathetic as the original bunch. More on the skeptical side, IMO.

One of the most welcome additions is the Women’s issues forum. I’m happy to see women join and post. It’s always good to get both sexes involved.

I do not spend much time in the Young and Hung forum. I’m glad to see it segregated from the others, going back to the reason this group went from being a joke to genuine. The information and life-experiences a teenager can learn from others who have Been There may be the only comfort the guy can find.

Lastly, I am glad for the opportunity to get to know some homosexuals and their point of view. It’s all about breaking down barriers and overcoming fear. The People of this world are more forgiving and welcoming than they once were, but they still have a long way to go.

Bif’s humble opinion.

19. Max

Max New Member

I'm another one who has been around on every incarnation of the board. It is great that lpsg.org has survived so well, and that it has not degenerated into a forum for competitive bragging as it so easily could have.

But I think with the huge growth, something has been lost. For instance a young guy really needing a bit of advice and practical help would find it harder to find the info he needs than he would have done a few years back; there is just so much other tangential stuff to wade through and if he isn't a premium member he won't be able to use the full search function. I gave up trying to read the whole board long ago; but there was a time when I found the whole thing easier to keep up with and much more focused. Now if you set yourself to read the whole board you wouldn't have much time for a real life; it is very much life the universe and everything.

I wonder if a new section could be created to store up the most important collective practical wisdom for newcomers to access, on a sort of FAQ model.

It isn't so much that the regular posters are less sympathetic these days IMHO; more that the place has acquired the feel of a big extended family party, with lots of in jokes and hidden rules, so that a newcomer might easily feel intimidated. Once or twice I have seen newcomers being treated dismissively for infringing this protocol or that, which I think is a terrible shame.

20. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

Wont be the first time that's happened to a large board.

----------
    BTW, I was ~18 when I first joined, now I know I'm truely an omnisexual!

Draft saved Draft deleted