Australian politics

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SR_nmvkvnd, Jan 29, 2012.

1. SR_nmvkvnd

SR_nmvkvnd New Member

Thought I would set up a thread for discussion on Australian politics for us Aussies.
    Just thought I would hear other people's views on the performance of the current government?

In my view, I think its a bad government that hopefully is punished by the voters at the next election. Whatever Julia Gillard and Labor touch, they ruin at the moment.
    Broken promises and lies seem to be the theme of this government as well as introducing a carbon tax that will make no difference to the climate and only lead to job losses and increase cost of living.

Interested to hear thoughts from others.

2. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

Will not be voting for Julia but I think Abbot will be 100 times worse.
    Ugghhhh!
    Stringy little cretin who needs to keep his fucking clothes on.
    Fuck him who had the audacity to say "shit happens" when told one of our soldiers died.
    Fuck him who refused to allow one of the ministers leave to attend the birth of his child out of pure spite.

Katter is the joke option.

I'm voting for the Green party all the way at the next federal election because it's the only way gay marriage will get the green light *hahahah* in this country.
    He's the only one who will stop the coal seam gas bastards from destroying our underground water aquifers.

3. SR_nmvkvnd

SR_nmvkvnd New Member

Well I don't think we will agree on much in terms of politics as I will be voting for the Liberal Party at the next federal election. I disagree with much of your opinion on Tony Abbott, but the great thing about our country is the right to freedom of speech and the fact that many people are allowed to have many different opinions.

4. dandelion

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Dont knock carbon taxes, though it depends on how you do it. Start from the perspective that you have to tax something, and then decided what is best. If fuel is more expensive then it makes people try to economise on it. Puts on a pressure to use it more efficiently, which is good for the economy overall. The only thing to watch is that if its a carbon tax rather than an energy tax then it tends to favour nuclear, which is downright expensive too as well as having unsolved pollution problems.

5. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

Exactly right, Dandelion!

Here is The Green party's website which out lines their policies.

Greens Policies | Australian Greens

I encourage people to watch the youtube footage and click on the links so you get a better grasp of what the party platform is.

Cheers.

6. SR_nmvkvnd

SR_nmvkvnd New Member

A Carbon Tax will make no difference to global temperatures and whatever Australia does will make no difference to the climate at all. This carbon tax will do absolutely nothing to change the climate.
    I'm happy to be a climate change sceptic because people like Tim Flannery, Julia Gillard, Bob Brown and the Greens are running around the country scaring people and telling lies about the Carbon Tax and the science of Climate Change.

7. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

What sort of mental dishonesty does a gay man have to engage in to vote for the liberal party?
    It makes as much sense as a black man voting for the KKK.

8. SR_nmvkvnd

SR_nmvkvnd New Member

I don't care for your attitude thanks. I am allowed to vote for whoever I like. We disagree on our political views, it doesn't mean you personally attack me. I didn't personally attack you about voring for the Greens. Show a bit of respect thanks. I am allowed to express my views on whatever I like.

9. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

<yawn>

Deal with it.

10. vibrationzzz

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes it has it's good and bad. The bad thing is Australia is 31 times bigger than the UK. We flood a lot, we have droughts a lot. Much of our food is being grown more and more in remote areas as our cities grow and we are dependent on roads, rail and air to get across this big beautiful country. For me there are to to many unanswered questions. I have read the spiels from all the political parties and as far as I can work out none of them truly know or understand how carbon pricing (tax) is really going to work or pan out, and they ask us to make a decision.

By the way, we just lost another of our long term Australian food companies 'Sunbeam' to a Chinese state owned (government owned) company. The difference between the Chinese government and ours is they think long term. Ours? Mining, mining, mining, mining. 'Bright' foods also want to aquire our dairy and meat producing companies. Yes well, I can pretty well understand what is more important to the Chinese government. I wonder why ours can't?

#10 vibrationzzz, Jan 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  11. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

We seriously have to halt the raping of our natural resources by domestic and international raiders.
    Foreign ownership is out of hand.
    We are a country that will lose the capacity to feed ourselves if there aren't limits placed on the mining industry.

12. vibrationzzz

Gold Member

Albums:
    Exactly, mining company leases have this country wired shut, as tight as a drum. It is near on impossible to oppose CSG mining, especially when they can not give a 100% gaurantee, not to fuck up water aquifiers/tables. Most< ALL, of the toxic tailings go into man made dams....Yeah, and what happens to them in floods? Toxic waste spread over farmland? Especially in western and central Queensland. The damage won't be known for 50years, because that's how long it will take for the damage to become visible. By then they would have fucked off with full pockets. I personally will hold Anna Blight, and big red responsible if poisoning of our land becomes a reality.

I will never believe government waffle that the country is becomining rich because of the mining boom. A load of shit. 1 tonne of iron ore sent overseas is roughly $150.00 to $200 to the company, a couple of bucks to the rest of us, 1 tonne of manufactured goods sent back to us made from that iron ore, $20,000, 80% of it going to country of manufacture. The carbon tax will come out of yours and my pocket one way or another. The countries we send our raw material to for manufacture pays none or very little.

Meanwhile our guys are overseas in different places in the world fighting to keep the world stable, without international help from the Chinese or several others governments. They are to busy buying us up.

Am i pissed off? Fuck yes.

#12 vibrationzzz, Jan 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  13. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    Dont mind saying, quite a few NZers would like to be a total part of Aussie, but if the Aussies had any sense, they wouldnt want a bar of us, haha economy wise i am talking about
    Key * Gillard all BS talking , me thinks
    all other things are pretty fair game..incl s the Anzac spirit..
    My time in Aus incl many Anzac days, and i loved shaking the hands of Au Returneds, made my year........esp when they recognized my Maori heritage and spoke fondly of the Maori mates, of the Wars

Just to break the solemness of Au Politics, haha ... bring back our humorous Keating, and revive Muldoon or Lange for a mis match?

Draft saved Draft deleted