autism & aspergers

Zot57

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Thank you for filling out this questionnaire.

Your Aspie score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 45 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Well, I can't say I'm surprised...

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Your Aspie score: 68 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 165 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical

short test: 9
Yay a 9! :09:
I have no idea what the numbers mean, but was feeling a bit self conscious about my 12. As you and NudeYorker (scored 13, I think) are awesome, I'm now feeling OK.

I love procrastinating.....
I can't say that I enjoy it, lol. My brain is kind of fried at the moment and this was a nice distraction. :) I'm back on track now, yay!

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
These online tests, not sure of the validity of them...you need to go to a DOCTOR, preferably a trained and licensed psychiatrist to find if you have AS and are not functioning well and need help. Having grown up with a brother with aspergers, I would not say "neato" ...sorry. Plenty of aspies do just fine in life and some don't.

There are certainly positives to being aspie but I've seen my brother go through hell and a lot of rough times and still is going through rough patches at 27...so I don't find it "neat" to have aspergers...it's not trendy or cool. It's a syndrome that affects you neurologically and while there are some positives to it, there are many many negatives which certainly can be overcome but take work, like anything.

So...I take some serious issue with taking online quizzes to determine something so serious. Sure...it's good to get a rough idea, possibly to help reason seeing a doctor, but it's not meant to diagnose!

Just my tiny psychologist disclaimer.

PS...got a 12...but honestly, me taking these tests is silly because I know what they're testing for and it's hard work to consciously decide to answer honestly and not think about "oh this question is testing for social interaction/dysfunction" or "speech and language function" etc.

Last edited:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
PS...got a 12...but honestly, me taking these tests is silly because I know what they're testing for and it's hard work to consciously decide to answer honestly and not think about "oh this question is testing for social interaction/dysfunction" or "speech and language function" etc.

Did you deduce that from the "Asperger's" title at the top of the quiz, the text on the link or the thread title itself?

Gosh, I wonder how the rest of us missed that?:rolleyes:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
These online tests, not sure of the validity of them...you need to go to a DOCTOR, preferably a trained and licensed psychiatrist to find if you have AS and are not functioning well and need help. Having grown up with a brother with aspergers, I would not say "neato" ...sorry. Plenty of aspies do just fine in life and some don't.

There are certainly positives to being aspie but I've seen my brother go through hell and a lot of rough times and still is going through rough patches at 27...so I don't find it "neat" to have aspergers...it's not trendy or cool. It's a syndrome that affects you neurologically and while there are some positives to it, there are many many negatives which certainly can be overcome but take work, like anything.

So...I take some serious issue with taking online quizzes to determine something so serious. Sure...it's good to get a rough idea, possibly to help reason seeing a doctor, but it's not meant to diagnose!
blah blah blah!

the test says quite clearly that it's not a diagnosis.
i did it, i went to my doc, i got diagnosed.

and as a newly diagnosed aspie i think i'm more entitled than you are to decide whether or not i think it's neato. and i say neato!
not neato to be aspies as such, but neato to have a label for my difference, which means that there are others who are different in the same way as me, that i'm not the only person who has these issues and that it's ok.

so

neato!!

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Did you deduce that from the "Asperger's" title at the top of the quiz, the text on the link or the thread title itself?

Gosh, I wonder how the rest of us missed that?:rolleyes:

That's not what I mean. I mean that I understand explicitedly what each question is testing for, the aspect of each question and what facet of the syndrome it's testing for and how someone with aspergers would answer.

Of course I know it's a test for aspergers....like other people in the field of mental health, when they see a test like this, the lay person can just take the test and know what it's for, but not what the questions are testing for. There's a difference.

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
blah blah blah!

the test says quite clearly that it's not a diagnosis.
i did it, i went to my doc, i got diagnosed.

and as a newly diagnosed aspie i think i'm more entitled than you are to decide whether or not i think it's neato. and i say neato!
not neato to be aspies as such, but neato to have a label for my difference, which means that there are others who are different in the same way as me, that i'm not the only person who has these issues and that it's ok.

so

neato!!

You are entitled to your opinion, trust me. I think it's great to look at the positives.