"Auto Warranty" Bulls##t Telemarking Calls

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by b.c., Apr 30, 2009.

1. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    By now most of you have probably gotten at least one (maybe a bunch) of bullshit telemarketing calls from some automated fuckers who say "your car warranty is about to expire..." (or some such shit...I usually hang up right after the first one or two words).

However I didn't know how pervasive the nuisance callers were until I began searching for them. Seems they're a lot of forums, sites, blogs and such regarding these nuisance scammers, which would cause one to think that the feds MUST be on the trail of these assholes... but hey...

My calls have come from phone numbers (a number located in Lakeland, Florida near E. Main Street and S. Waterloo), and (the number most often noted in online blogs re. the scam...located somewhere near S. State and S. Wabash in Manhattan, Illinois).

The numbers indicated on caller ids however are possible scam numbers themselves, phony numbers that show up to throw people off the scent. Considering what I've read online, my few calls are nothing compared to some who seem to get daily calls, even after they press "1" (as instructed in the message) to remove their number from the call list.

Anyway, now that I know these guys are a national nuisance I plan on having some fun next time they call. Hey, they want to waste your time with scam calls, why not waste more of their time with bullshit information and feigned interest in their product??

At least it'd give em something to do other than sitting around with their fingers up their asses, eh?

btw...here's a link to one guy's blog:

http://www.cockeyed.com/citizen/car_warranty/warranty.php

#1 b.c., Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
  2. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I know! And I live in NYC and I haven't owned a car in 15 years, but "Please stay on the line for a very important phone call about your car...".

3. nudeyorker

Gold Member

That's interesting to know. I used to get those calls and they stopped. Recently I have been getting calls from someone claiming to be from All State insurance, I don't have All State insurance so I've not been returning the calls

4. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I got one of these calls today on my work cell phone. Total BS.

5. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:

Yes, and victims of the scam callers report that they are very evasive about giving out information as to exactly who they are, and will quickly hang up if pressed too keenly for details.

6. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wrote about this nearly (hmmm, let me check...) one week ago, and now this continuining scam has hit members of Congress (while in session) and others of the politically/culturally elite (as reported on NBC's evening news broadcast today). So NOW the FCC wants to take "immediate action" to catch the perps, especially since the calls continue to go out even to numbers on the Federal Do Not Call lists.

The Better Business Bureau, for their part, confirmed they've received over 300,000 complaints to date. (Kinda makes you wonder wtfuck they were doing after the first 100 thou...doesn't it?? Remind me to tell you of my experience with THAT totally useless outfit).

So maybe (just maybe) something will finally be done about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted