Autogoogle

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Thanks Alex8.

Either Autogoogle your LPSG name or your real name. See what pops up.

Did you know that Jeff Black is an indie singer/songwriter?:biggrin1:

To autogoogle, place your name in quotations at Google

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
I've autogoogle my LPSG name (and real name) before and, lo and behold, you get me! In all my LPSG glory. :rolleyes:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Under my real name, I get me, a politician who isn't me, and a fucking annoying author for whom I have also been mistaken in real life, postally, and via email. :rolleyes:

Some of the spelling and punctuation in the positive reviews of my work online is frankly abominable, however, and I would almost prefer to receive bad notices.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Under my real name, I looked through the first ten Google result pages, and found my own articles listed in nearly every case.

I was surprised to find that I have articles on Iranian government websites, several Canadian government websites, and am included in the reference entry on at least one Wikipedia article.

Funny, half that stuff I forget having written ... and it's only after reading the full first paragraph that the memory is jogged and my feeling of authorship returns.

But several others shared my name, including:
-- an apparently much-recognized restorer of historical buildings in Asheville, N.C.
-- the son of an Alzheimer's sufferer in Memphis, Tenn.
-- an accomplished varsity lacrosse player in the United States
-- a young entrepreneur in Prince Edward Island, the province on Canada's east coast from which my paternal grandfather moved to Alberta, my natal province, in 1904.

Now, for my LPSG name:
I get lots of LPSG references coming up and, for some strange reason, many references to some kind of diplomat guy whom everyone agrees was a really big prick.
Can't be me. Can it?
:redface: :mad: :tongue: :cool: :rolleyes: :biggrin1:

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Under my username you have to go to page 8 to find out that I'm not a character in a John Waters movie.

Under my real name I find that I might be the nephew of an industrial genius and I was caught trying to sell company secrets to competitors.

Damn. No wonder I don't have any money.

Bryan_Lyte2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I wasn's shocked by what I found with my usernames (I only have two) but was shocked that my real name is used in a lot of surnames in Frech horor novels, particularly in vampire novels as either the vamp or the warewolf. To think all this time I thought my name was unique.
:cool:

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I thought my name was unique.
[/quote]

My real name yields 18,000,000 google results.:eek:

My google for "Hypolimnas Wikipedia" gave 561 entries.:eek:

My google for hypolimnas came up with the LSPG ref in the 8th result.:wink:

I read my profile which I had forgotten all about, hmmm might be time for an update.:confused:

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Under my real name, i find a few references to my high school career, and after scrolling through several pages of non-matches, i find a paper i wrote a few years back. Oh. How. Exciting. *yawn*

Under my user name i find my LPSG profile and 249 threads that i've participated in. Damn. I really AM am post whore!

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I googled my real name and found that I'm on the Internet Movie Database, which is hilarious, considering I'm a nobody who was just on a programme about Big Brother a few times.... hardly a bloody movie star hahaha