Gustavovolvo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
It was a long time since I counted on the avatar to carry the likeness of the writer of an entry - I have it clear in my head that avatars can be anyone or anything. Still, it is confusing to a simple soul like myself to read an entry from an at first assumed female, that upon checking the profilia proves to be a male with a female avatar (and, I suppose, vice versa). While it is, of course, not against any rules to use a transgendered avatar, one wonders why it is done. I ask this with some trepidation, because on a site like this one, which is not at all sexual but purely intellectual, the writer's gender is completely unimportant to the reader, but still I feel emotionally betrayed by these avatars. I don't know exactly why: maybe I feel that the same opinion, expressed by a female, could mean something different than from a man. Anyone else with the same primitive reactions as mine?
I breifly had an avatar up with my picture then i thought better and took it out and replaced it with what I have now which says nothing on gender. I selected my avatar because I like the look of it.