Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Wrey, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Wrey

Wrey New Member

Ok, I am fully aware that this thread is VERY off-topic, but are there any other Avatar fans that frequent the site? I am a huge fan and have been since it started. If you watch and enjoy the show, chime in with why.

*Am I alone? Am I just strange?*

2. baltbrian

baltbrian New Member

Albums:
    I am so with you on that!!!!! I LOVE Ang....I can't wait till Spirit world starts.......am i just not aware or is nick just playing old episodes????

Brian

3. baltbrian

baltbrian New Member

Albums:
    p.s. i would use your avatar....but this one is just so GAY

Brian

4. Wrey

Wrey New Member

Yeah! Another fan! AWEsome!
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

5. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Congratulations to all two of you. :fest30:

6. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

I say that the fire nation is over rated. I mean, what the hell are water nation doing? Learning how to piss over walls from weird angles?

7. Pradadox

Pradadox New Member

Albums:
    I love Ang! He makes me laugh really hard. I have all the episodes as files on my computer. I was gonna send you a pm about your avatar of... the avatar but you made this post so i just thought i'd let the rest of you know how much of a dork i am ;) hehe

8. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    What is up with everybody loving Ang so much? Of course you love Ang! He's the avatar.

I love Tof. She is hands down the BEST bender (other than Ang). SHe's blind, she has serious attitude, and she can bend metal! There is no metal nation! Tof, man, the answer is Tof.

9. Wrey

Wrey New Member

See! I knew I wasn't a total freak! I also love Tof! I secretly read a lesbian subtext to her character.
    She rocks (all puns intended!) I'm waiting for the fantasy episode when Tof and Kitara hook up. Then its Zuko's and Soka's turn after that. Aang is too innocent to get involved. But I really want to see him beat the shit out of Azula!

10. Wrey

Wrey New Member

BTW, Aang is spelled with two 'a's

11. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I really don't see the lesbian subtext. It seems obvious to me that she has it bad for Sokka. But you and my boyfriend seem to want this whole lesbian thing, and I won't deprive you of your delusions. :biggrin1:

12. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    SOmeone's been to the Nicktoons website. LOL:tongue:

Then again, maybe not. Sokka has two "k"s

13. Wrey

Wrey New Member

*gives a cute little asian bow of mutual respect*

You are correct, Sokka has two 'k's. I concede the point.

And I also agree that if there is a love interest for Toph, it's Sokka. The addition of the lesbian subtext is purely my own and is more in jest than anything. Just makes the show a little more fun.

I also have something of a crush on Sokka. He's a goof-ball, he's a dork, but he is fiercely loyal. That's what I love about the writing of the Avatar story. All of the heroes are flawed in some way:

Toph: Amazingly powerful, yet blind. (I have seen it spelled at Nick.com both Toph and Tof. Go Figure)

Sokka: Fiercely loyal, yet shortsighted.

Katara: Powerful Waterbender, very intelligent, but her moral compass is often off.

Aang: Well, he's the Avatar, but he is just a child and often seems to need more help than the rest. Plus he is the classic 'reluctant hero.'

Zuko: Even Zuko is not a two dimensional uber-villian. You feel for him and why he has become the way he is.

His sister Azula, now she is crazy!

Uncle Iroh: If there is one character I truly feel for it is Uncle/Gen. Iroh. You know he is a good man at heart. His love for his nephew Zuko is just that, one of family. He is a good man caught in a bad situation. I cried so hard when he had the pick-nick with his dead son. It was truly moving.

*wrey adopts a very deep bow of profound respect and says:*

God bless you, Mako! You totally rocked!

14. Kiamo

Kiamo Member

For a kid's show, Avatar really has an incredibly interesting and complex plot. Add me to the list of Fans.

15. Wrey

Wrey New Member

Agreed! (such smart people at LPSG!)

This actually worried me at the begining of Avatar. Everytime I find a show that requires more than two brain cells to enjoy, it gets canceled for that very reason!

16. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    (I was only teasing you about Sokka.) I haven't seen all of the Earth episodes. I plan to watch the season over on DVD, because I don't get much chance to watch television.

I agree with your assesment of the characters. Wholeheartedly. Very seldomly does a children's show's writing make you feel so personally connected to its characters, so invested in the outcome of their adventures, and so emotionally charged. Actually, I cannot think of a single other American kids' show of which this is true.

17. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Hey Wrey,
    Who would have known that you and I watch cartoons? I love nick, they really have some very good shows, but, I think theyr'e written for an older audience, not the one, nick targets. I adore the "Avatar" and I noticed when we spoke that you had his picture as your avatar! I just did'nt know if you would be upset if I mentioned it. Hooray for us for liking the "Avatar"!
    I also loved Invader Zim, Angry Beavers, and of course "Ren & Stimpy".
    I have noticed that they keep running repeats all the time it seems.
    I was under the impression that, new episodes were coming soon. Supposedly this month?

18. danerain

Gold Member

Albums:
    I LOVE the show too!!!!!!

19. Wrey

Wrey New Member

Sweeeeeeeet.......! Cigarbabe watches Avatar! Rock on girl!

20. Wrey

Wrey New Member

I thought for sure that this thread was going to get zero play. I am so happy to be dissapointed!

For all the people who watch Avatar and all the other great Nick shows, my deepest thanks! Thanks for nurturing and caring for you inner child. When our inner child dies away, then our lives are truly bleak.

Have you fed your inner child today? :wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted