Average guys

Sam Beckett

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree average guys aren't always the best off and free from penis envy or other afflictions...

I used to and still sometimes (most of the time?) think I'm average, ordinary etc. I don't even think my penis is that big, plus I wonder a lot of the time why a girl/girls are interested in me...but I quickly get over it and just go with it, hence a lot of girls think I'm 'crazy' at least one girl does, but she's straight-laced so cockles are crazy to her (its seafood).

Anyway, I used to be really down and lost or worried about being so. Now I have faith things will work out and at least I'm never short of a lady friend but the thing is when I have a lady, that's all that matters which is really fucked up as a girl won't get me a house, car, money etc.

Anyway what I'm saying is everyone has issues. My ex would never look anyone in the eye when she was talking to them, and would get overly excited when retelling stories, usually when they didn't warrant it and weren't relevant to the convo...

My issues would be 'unadmitted' lack of confidence and overemphasis on having a girlfriend or females in general although I think it's a cover for other issues...You should try the quiz at www.colorquiz.com as its accurate and insightful. Mine are managed issues and they hardly affect me, and I have faith that everything will work out and am taking steps to create change and progress.

Good luck, no one is above average or great in every area but everyone has their own unique ability or talent, you just need to find yours. And stop worrying about what other people think. I used to miss days at school if I had a spot on my face or other crazy shit...

solong

Just Browsing
Media
davidjh7 said:
I thought about this for awhile before posting this thread, but I have seen enough evidence that I am not the only one on here who feels this way, so I thought I;d open the idea for discussion. One of my major issues is, and has always been, that I am JUST average--average this, average that. I have no outstanding physical characteristics, so have to work harder to bring my personality to the front, to be noticed at all. When I was younger, I was very shy, and if I am in a laid back mood, I essentially become invisable. I can literally walk into a room, with only a couple of people in it, and walk up to someone and say hello, and it will scare them, even though they should have seen me approach. The issues of penis size have been discussed in most other ways, the problems of being too big, and the problems of being too small. Most have said that "Average guys don;t have any problems" in regards to size. In fact, I have found that the invisable factor applies in this case, too. You never get any comments, one way or the other. You never get any real notice, one way or the other. It becmes just a functional tool for the act, and not a part of the focus, good or bad. I'm just wondering if I am the only "average" guy who has experienced this--the fact that you are so average, you become essentially invisable to those around you? Let the games begin.....

Well Dave, I've been listening to your very intelligent comments and find you far from "invisible." I always enjoy what take you might have on any particular subject.

Now what I've found about myself (at least) is if I'm waiting for a compliment or notice to feel appreciated, then I'm judging myself by other people, and when I do that, I would feel very bad. Very low, and unworthy. But I know that I am one-of-a-kind, just like every person here, and I have my good points and my weak ones, and yet there isn't any situation in which my input doesn't count. Granted, to some, it doesn't count, but that's their opinion. So if I was judging myself by their opinion, I'd just be devastated. However, I'm not.

There's an interesting thing about opinions. Opinons come, and opinions go, but the fact of the matter is, your worth is no less important in the overall scheme of things than a president or congressman, or dean of men, or whatever else you want to count. So whether you think they're giving you due respect or not is really immaterial. You'll find their opinion of you changing, just as soon as you change your own opinion of yourself.

If you hold others in true high esteem, then your own self-worth increases in proportion. Try it. Ignore these damned psychologists, and just remember-- "What goes around, comes around."

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wow!! First, let me thank everybody for their overwhelming support, and excellant advice. I am touched beyond words, and it feels great to feel touched by so many minds and hearts. Where to begin to respond....
First, many have mentioned positive affirmation. It does work, it literally reprograms the mind, to leave the old grooves etched in the very fabric of out brains, to new paths. I do use this, but the ruts have been worn deep, and will take time to fill in. But that proces continues.
Second, and related, is the idea of "pretending" you are something or someone you wish to be, until you BECOME that very thing, and it is no longer pretending. I have also used this process to great effect. When I was young, I was a horribly shy young man---but, I also loved acting (gee--another gay guy that likes acting, who'd a thunk it?), so I made a character who was social, funny, and confident, and I played that role. If people rejected that character, it wasn;t the real me, so I couldn't be hurt, right? Well, it worked. I am actually, in real life, a fairly outspoken, confident, and dynamic when I need to be. I have been a student of psychology for a good part of my life, and I have true empathy, so that I can "read" people pretty well, and adjust to best fit in with anybody. I compensated for my outer self, by working on building my inner self, and I have done my best with that. I have thought alot lately, and especially after reading all the wonderful posts, about what is at the core of my issue. And I have come to conclude, as shallow as it sounds, and likely is, that I feel cheated as far as any natural physical gifts. I have also had this reinforced most of my life by my peers. So, I guess to start rebuilding myself, I need to address the core issues first. I have to become someone I like looking at in the mirror, before I can believe others will as well. And if I do improve, I am counting on the shallowness of the human species to reinforce it as well. I am going, for once, to try and use it to my persoanl advantage. I know it won;t make me a better person, or worth one wit more or less than I am now, but the perceptions will change, and that will make me feel better about myself, and THAT hopefully will make me a better person for others as well. I want to thank everyone, especially those who I have come to call friends--you know who you are--But I want to take a moment to especially thank Dr. Rock---I know he took real time out to make a positive effort, and let down his gaurd for a moment, to support. And that really means alot! I don;t want this to sound like an Academy awards speech, so I'll ed it here by saying, again, thanks, more than I can express!!

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
davidjh7 said:
I am touched beyond words, and it feels great to feel touched by so many minds and hearts.

I think you'll find that a few bodies touched during the making of this thread as well, my little sex-kitten :wink:

Irish

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Johns Island (South Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My sense of humor, height, weight, skin pigment, hand size, foot size, skeletal structure (espeically joints), intelligence (and affinity for numbers), dreams, hair color, eye color and most of my organs (especially kidneys) are in some way abnormal. It's hard for me to relate to being average because I'm completely abnormal in pretty much every way, but I don't think you really have anything to worry about.

Like you said, you try to bring your personality to the front. Don't think of this as doing something to "make up" for being like 81% (everyone in the first standard deviation of a bell curve) of the world's population - our personalities define who we are. By bringing your personality to the front you show people who you are and what you're all about. Those that like and respect you for who you are are the people you want to get close to. Being shy can make it hard, but just brace yourself and take a risk. As everyone keeps telling you, you're a smart and funny guy. Those two things are all I've ever really needed to make friends, pick up girls, handle myself in various situations, etc.

I'm a computer science major so I'm no stranger to being classified as a nerd before people even get to know me, but it only takes a couple of well placed jokes to go from nerd to "the funny guy."

Mr_Cumalot

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are any of you "average" guys (in penis size - 5 to 6.5?) around the 5' 8"/5' 9" mark and are skinny, and due to this people have said you are big in the trouser department?