Average number of sexual partners for single gay men?

winesthel945

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah, if you're young and reasonably attractive and put yourself out there either in bars or online, it's not that difficult to amass a sexual history of a couple dozen people a year without a lot of effort. And you can easily reach 100+/year if you're more adventurous (or just a bigger whore). Multiply that by 10 or 15 years and you could easily near 1000 sexual partners in that period of time.

Interestingly, I've known many straight men and women whose numbers are not all that far off. So don't think that gay men are all that different from straight men and women.

D

deleted888989

I'm 35......my number is around 300...... Most guys around my age were also around this number...... (Not including oral sex)..... There were a couple who were in the thousands..... And a couple who were in the 500-550 range. I guess there's no judgement with any of it, it's what you think is fun. For some ppl would feel guilty having lots of partners.......some ppl would feel guilty missing out on more sexual opportunities...... Just do what feels right for you

Reactions: tasty9

twinkfreek88ny

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Does getting fucked while standing at the bar ordering a beer count?
OMG you lucky fuck! did that seriously happen to you? I would kill to have that happen to me. Of course for it to happen I'd have to not be broke and able to visit a bar...yay for oversharing...anyway In reference to OP, judging from the general consensus here it's subjectively based on 3 key factors: Location, Morals/Slut level, and definition of "Sex." For example...I am 27 living in smaltown Upstate NY... so as far as location, slim pickings... Definition of sex...for me personally is anal penetration in some way. I'm versatile so that means to me if my ass has a cock in it or my cock has an ass on it, I have had "sex". I'm a cocksucking cumwhore(with no shame obviously *blush*) so a blowjob to me is basically a handshake, and with that description I think I've pretty well explained my morals/slut level... Sex? actual penetration...I would probably wager what with the wine and liquor filled nights of my earlier 20's, and the fact that I lost my virginity pretty young, my number is probably somewhere in the 3-400's. Throw in blowjobs and handjobs I'd guarantee the number is well beyond 1500... So yes...it's relative, and subjective.

jpk338

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OMG you lucky fuck! did that seriously happen to you? I would kill to have that happen to me. Of course for it to happen I'd have to not be broke and able to visit a bar...yay for oversharing...anyway In reference to OP, judging from the general consensus here it's subjectively based on 3 key factors: Location, Morals/Slut level, and definition of "Sex." For example...I am 27 living in smaltown Upstate NY... so as far as location, slim pickings... Definition of sex...for me personally is anal penetration in some way. I'm versatile so that means to me if my ass has a cock in it or my cock has an ass on it, I have had "sex". I'm a cocksucking cumwhore(with no shame obviously *blush*) so a blowjob to me is basically a handshake, and with that description I think I've pretty well explained my morals/slut level... Sex? actual penetration...I would probably wager what with the wine and liquor filled nights of my earlier 20's, and the fact that I lost my virginity pretty young, my number is probably somewhere in the 3-400's. Throw in blowjobs and handjobs I'd guarantee the number is well beyond 1500... So yes...it's relative, and subjective.
There used to be a bar in Miami that was called "The Hole". It lived up to it's name in more ways than one.

Eric2450

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Thats so hot!!!

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The average of all gay men across the world, including both those in and out of the closet? That's pretty much impossible to even reasonably guess at.

KennF

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It also depends on the era you were growing up in. If you were "pre-40" in the 60's-80's then your probably going to have had sex with a lot more partners. There was no "AIDS" crisis, or at least we weren't aware of it. And it hadn't been called "GRIDS" yet. So, I had backroom sex with more people than I can remember. I think the largest room fuck I had was around 40 people. And I was a regular nightly suck/fuck man-slut in my 20's. 3-5 guys a day for 5-6 days a week for about years. I'd guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 7500-10000 sex partners, assuming you define sex as anytime I gave or received hand-jobs, blow-jobs, rim-jobs, or fucked around.

If you were "pre-40" in the 90's then your number of sex partners is probably lower.
In 00's, the number would again be on the rise, as condoms became more acceptable.
In the current decade, I suspect that the number is shifting again for cultural reason.

I openly acknowledge, I was lucky I survived my man-whoring days.

Reactions: BillM

travis7

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
To each their own.. There is no set amount of guys you need to be with.. Guess your just fortunate enough to have a few good ones that you don't need to look further

KuronoB

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I trust the data, and that data says something closer to 6 partners. People who visit sites like LPSG are likely more interested in sex, (and maybe more interested in exaggerating) so they are likely to report higher numbers of sexual partners. Although there are gays in bars and saunas every night, remember that the vast majority of single gay men are likely relaxing at home instead.

Based on OkCupid's 3.2 million users....
  • 45%of gay people have had 5 or fewer partners
  • 98%of gay people have had 20 or fewer partners
blog.okcupid.com: Gay Sex vs. Straight Sex

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I know i should t, but i feel kind bad for not exploring with more guys. Only been with 14 and turning 40 this May

Well Happy Birthday for when it comes.

Not clear why you'd feel bad?

I've had sex with hundreds of men. Possibly somewhere around a thousand now, if we include oral.

I can testify to the fact that nearly all of that wasn't very good. Mostly OK, but what's the point of that? A few excellent experiences, including now I'm 50, but it's definitely not one of those things where sheer quantity matters very much.

Try to go for quality. But more importantly interact with people. With their personalities. The best feeling in life is when two people understand and appreciate each other, support each other, share humour and good times, and find love in each other.

indyfrat79

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is an old thread but I think a curious topic. Reading some of these numbers made me feel like a huge slut as I'm somewhere between 750-1000 but impossible to know exactly. Most of my 20s were 1-2 guys a week so the numbers add up quickly. And I wouldn't change anything about it.

Reactions: winesthel945