awkward dates

Media
So about a week ago I had a weird date with someone. And no, it wasn't someone from LPSG. :biggrin1:

anyways, i met this guy for dinner for the first time after chatting on the phone for some time. So he got lost and was calling me on the cell getting directions from me. I suddenly turn around and i think I see him so i tell him "oh is that you with the red shirt?" and he freezes and says "yeah WHY!?" and then proceeds to hide behind a tree and says "DON"T LOOK AT ME!!!". I AM SERIOUS! I thought at first he was joking but it was apparent that he wasn't. he peeked out several times behind the tree to make sure i wasn't looking and at first since i thought he was joking, I would still look at him and he would say "dude i am serious don't look at me!!" so i had to turn around in order for him to come out of behind the tree and walk towards me. he looked nervous in my presence but i did everything i could to make him feel comfortable. We had dinner and chatted and he did say before on the phone that people sometimes find him weird. Well i had no idea what they meant by that till the day i met him LOL anyways, he told me he had a tough life grouping up and even tried to commit suicide when he was in high school. I felt bad for him and wanted to just support him. Be his friend u know.
We agreed to hang out again and catch a movie or something as friends i guess. i think we both knew there was no connection in terms of dating again.
Lately he's just been ignoring my e-mails, text messages, and such. I can't help but think what he once told me before we met over the phone that he's weird and i asked him how and he said that he just acts like he's mad for no apparent reason towards someone. so i'm thinking this is what he's doing to me now. I'd really like to be his friend but i'm not sure how to proceed. Usually i'd ignore people like him when i don't get a response after several tries but i feel i should be more persistent with him. NO??? :confused:

anyone else had weird dates like mine??

Last edited:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why in the name of all that is holy do you want to be friends with this freak?!?! :eek: Yes, he could be doing the pretend to be mad at you thing ( which is CRAZY!) or he may have decided he doesn't like you. Either way, I say cut your losses, he sounds like an emotional vampire.

My advice is to run far and fast! :cool:

Last edited:

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've never had a date that was weird, but it sounds like this guy has some serious mental issues and you should not contact him again.

He's already broken off contact - just take it as a sign & move on...hopefully you'll find someone who is sane!

hockeyguy741

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Dude this guy sound like he has more than a couple of loose screws.... he hides behind trees,what is he a f-ing squirrel or something... and what's this don't look at me thing...let him be mad at you....he needs some professional help and believe me you don't need to get mixed up with someone like this.... you deserve more, find someone who's mentally and emotionally stable

eastbaydude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've had my share of weird dates:
  • Girl got shit-faced drunk, cursed at the waiter, threw up on the sidewalk and was then pissed off at me that I didn't want to "start over" on a second date.
  • Another girl showed up an hour late and acted as if that totally normal to be "a few minutes late".
  • One other girl, about about a half-hour into the date, tells me she has herpes and finds it hard to find guys. Embarassed, I change the subject. Another 30 minutes later she came back from the bathroom and slid her hand across the table. What's inside - her panties.
But, dude, someone who hides behind a tree.... that's really strange.

I didn't go on a second date with any of the above girls. I wouldn't see this guy any more either.

D_Tyrone_Tittickler

Experimental Member
Media
I have had a few, but the one that comes to mind is a girl that starts talking about a boyfriend. Her conversation seemed strange because she was speaking in the present tense. A mistake of course. Wrong! She was not angry with him or cheating, she just decided that she would go out for the evening with me because I seemed nice. I concluded that she only was using her head to keep her ears apart!

Helboy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Dude I wood have ran away after the first few minutes.

I wood have also enquired as to how he had got out of the Asylum without being seen by the nurses.

Did you notice if he was wearing his straight jacket or not :eek:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
accept him for what he is

stop calling

if he calls, fine

if he doesn't, fine

if you do take him on as a friend, be prepared for a very demanding friendship